Subject: [Simple] RFC 3858 on An Extensible Markup Language (XML) Based Format for Watcher Information

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:53:27 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3858

        Title:      An Extensible Markup Language (XML) Based Format
                    for Watcher Information
        Author(s):  J. Rosenberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 26416
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-simple-winfo-format-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3858.txt

Watchers are defined as entities that request (i.e., subscribe to)
information about a resource.  There is fairly complex state
associated with these subscriptions.  The union of the state for all
subscriptions to a particular resource is called the watcher
information for that resource.  This state is dynamic, changing as
subscribers come and go.  As a result, it is possible, and indeed
useful, to subscribe to the watcher information for a particular
resource.  In order to enable this, a format is needed to describe the
state of watchers on a resource.  This specification describes an
Extensible Markup Language (XML) document format for such state.

This document is a product of the SIP for Instant Messaging and
Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple