Subject: [Simple] Review of draft-ietf-simple-message-sessions-08 - Syntax

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 12:21:03 -0400

Section 5: MSRP URL syntax:

There is an undefined reference to "ALPHANUM". RFC2396 defines 
"alphanum", but that is only a single byte. Suggest replacing ALPHANUM 
with 1*alphanum, and reference 2396 for alphanum.

Rohan wanted "?" syntax added.

Section 8: Formal Syntax:

I don't know what resulted in the following:

     dUmMy= "Status:" SP namespace SP short-status [SP text-reason]

It must have been intentional. But the 'Status' element is undefined, so 
I think this needs to be changed to:

     Status = "Status:" SP namespace SP short-status [SP text-reason]

We define pval as:

     pval = token / quoted-string

We might want to consider making it compatible with generic-param in 
3261, which also permits it to be a 'host'.

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple