Subject: [Simple] RFC 3856 on A Presence Event Package for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:49:21 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3856

        Title:      A Presence Event Package for the Session
                    Initiation Protocol (SIP)
        Author(s):  J. Rosenberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 62956
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-simple-presence-10.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3856.txt

This document describes the usage of the Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP) for subscriptions and notifications of presence.  Presence is
defined as the willingness and ability of a user to communicate with
other users on the network.  Historically, presence has been limited
to "on-line" and "off-line" indicators; the notion of presence here
is broader.  Subscriptions and notifications of presence are supported
by defining an event package within the general SIP event
notification framework.  This protocol is also compliant with the
Common Presence Profile (CPP) framework.

This document is a product of the SIP for Instant Messaging and
Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple