Subject: [Simple] Protocol Action: 'Indication of Message Composition for Instant Messaging' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 15:01:24 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Indication of Message Composition for Instant Messaging '
   <draft-ietf-simple-iscomposing-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence 
Leveraging Extensions Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ted Hardie and Scott Hollenbeck.

Technical Summary

This document extends the SIMPLE IM system, defining a new status
message content type and XML namespace.  These will be used
to relay information during an IM conversation that indicates
that one party is composing a message and conveys information
about the information being composed  The status message can
indicate the composition of a message of any type, including text,
voice or video.  
 
Working Group Summary
 
The working group came to consensus on this document, and this feature
is widely implemented in existing IM systems, so its utility is 
well understood.
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document was reviewed for the IESG by Ted Hardie.

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple