Subject: [Simple] updated presence data model

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 07:25:30 -0400

Folks,

I submitted an update to the presence data model draft. Until it appears 
in the archives, you can pick up a copy at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-simple-presence-data-model-01.txt

This update is relatively minor, and primarily served the purpose of 
providing the additional context needed to align with the presence rules 
document. The specific diffs are:

* added notion that the presence authorization document selects the
composition policy

* separated subscription authorization process from the presence
document generation process, and made it clear when each gets
executed. Subscription authorization decision is still governed by the
presence authorization document.

* discussed how the default composition policy is used to generate the
presence document used to select the authorization policy

* added text from RPID which described the meaning of closed and open in
more detail

There are lots of other updates that are needed, along with resolutions 
to open issues under discussion. That will occur in subsequent revisions.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Director, Service Provider VoIP Architecture   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                        FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple