Subject: [Simple] updated presence authorization rules

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 06:43:37 -0400

Folks,

I've just submitted an update to the presence authorization rules 
specification. Until it appears in the archives, you can pick up a copy at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-simple-presence-rules-01.txt

This is a major update of the document, reflecting the scope reduction I 
proposed in email last week, along with alignment with the latest common 
policy, rpid and data model drafts. I think this is now a giant step 
closer to done. There are still open issues, most of which are really 
data model issues we are discussing, which I have posted previously.

Here are the specific diffs:

* digest authentication now uses AOR associated with username/pass
as the identity

* the identity section talks about aliases - in particular, aliases
appear as separate identities to the system, and are not
canonicalizaed or mapped to each other when processing a subscription

* the authorization document is presented as the guide for the
presence server processing in the presence data model

* the anonymous condition also includes cases where the asserted
identity contains anonymous.invalid in the domain, or if the request
was not authenticated at all

* the sub-handling actions are now mapped into the subscription
authorization decision and selection of the composition policy, which
the presence model document now talks about

* removed inclusion-set type, each of the provide-* elements is now
boolean

* removed the provide-contact element. Contact always needs to be
there for services per the data model

* Added provide-person, provide-devices and provide-services
permissions

* For provide-devices and provide-services, make use of a new
substitution group whose member elements serve the purpose of
identifying devices and services

* clarified how sphere is obtained

* aligned set of presence attributes with latest rpid document

* consistently set AUID to pres-rules

* updated references

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Director, Service Provider VoIP Architecture   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                        FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple