Subject: RE: [Simple] Change to prescaps XML schema

From: Goix Walter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 23:18:51 +0200

> Service schema:
> <audio>
> <video>
> <application>
> <control>
> <text>
How would you define support for msrp? A <message> element could be
fine. But then you may also need to add support for other SDP medias,
like "image" or others. Wouldn't be a <medias> / <media> hierarchy more
flexible?
E.g. 
	<medias>
		<media>audio</media>
		<media>video</media>
		<media>message</media>
	</medias>

> <type>
Some content types are only allowed in specific services, which are
related to specific methods and extensions...Some multimedia types can
be supported in MESSAGE or mrsp but not in INVITE, while NOTIFY allow
other content types, perhaps different based on the type of event...In
some cases, splitting caps in multiple tuples may work but you may get
an explosion of the number of tuples. Is there any way to express a raw
set of prescaps and combine them into bundles, wchi can be gathered into
the same tuple?

Walter

Gruppo Telecom Italia - Direzione e coordinamento di Telecom Italia S.p.A.

====================================================================
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons
above and may contain confidential information. If you have received
the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please send an e_mail to 
[email-masked]. Thank you
====================================================================

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:09:40 -0400

Walter,

These were designed to align with the capabilities in callee-caps. They 
have the same definitions. There is plenty of opportunity to create 
other capabilities, but I would like to see the callee-caps mapped in a 
direct way.

	Paul