Subject: [Simple] XCAP List Usage question: URI uniqueness

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:31:54 +0300

The internet-draft now says:

"The URI in the "uri" attribute of the <service> element MUST be
      unique amongst all other URIs in "uri" elements in any <service>
      element in any document on a particular server.  This uniqueness
      constraint spans across XCAP roots.  Furthermore, the URI MUST NOT
      correspond to an existing resource within the domain of the URI.
      If a server is asked to set the URI to something that already
      exists, the server MUST reject the request with a 409, and use the
      mechanisms defined in [10] to suggest alternate URIs that have not
      yet been allocated."

There was an earlier discussion that concluded that a client MUST suggest a uri for the list when placing it on the server. Is that still valid? or is it now that the client MAY leave the uri value empty and the server will reject with 409 in that case?

I could not find text describing this.

Regards,
Hisham

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple