Subject: Re: [Simple] Pres Data Model Issue #4, indicating the source of data

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 01:03:33 -0400

Henning Schulzrinne wrote:

> Similar work will have to be done for geolocation, as this is quite 
> important for 911 services to debug when things go wrong. I suspect some 
> of the considerations are similar. (You want to know, for example, 
> whether the information is native or has been translated and combined in 
> some way.)

The same thing had occurred to me, yes.

> 
> Also, in general, different pieces of information are likely to have 
> different types of sources. For location information, you want to know 
> whether this is from GPS or LORAN. Other items will have different 
> labeling requirements.

Right. In that regard, location sources are arguably a subset of the 
more general "presence data source" problem.

> 
> In short: not only out of scope for a general document for getting-done 
> reasons, but likely to be highly content-dependent and best handled for 
> each type of information.

Right. Punt was the big theme in my proposed open issue resolutions ;)

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple