Subject: [Simple] Re: on relays

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:52:32 -0400

>>>>> "Peterson," == Peterson, Jon <[email-masked]> writes:

    Peterson,> Sam,

    Peterson,> Next topic. Relays (your recommendation #4).

    Peterson,> While I recognize that other messaging protocols
    Peterson,> developed here in the IETF have made relays an integral
    Peterson,> part of their operation, I'm very reluctant to make
    Peterson,> relays mandatory for MSRP, as compelling as the
    Peterson,> transport security argument may be.

I agree that relays should not be mandatory to use.  I think that
relays should be integrated into the core specification rather than in
their own draft for the reasons I discuss.  I also think that we
should seriously consider making support for relays mandatory for
clients.

I see no problem with specification of a peer-to-peer mode .  I do not
think this specification can be separated as you have done.  I also
think that if the specification is separated security concerns will
require a normative reference to the relay specification because for
some environments it will produce a better security model.

--Sam

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple