Subject: [Simple] Presence Authorization Discussion C: Post-Privacy Composition

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 03:46:17 -0400

We had a debate on the list about what to do if privacy filtering 
eliminated enough information that it no longer made sense for two 
tuples to appear separately. Do we need to mandate that tuples be 
combined? Do we need to specify how? Where do those guidelines belong?

I think the data model addresses this issue. It explicitly discusses 
this question, and makes it clear that recombination of the document is 
done based on the composition policy - the same policy that guides 
composition before the application of privacy filtering. This makes it 
clearly outside the scope of presence authorization policy. Thus, the 
presence auth document needs to say nothing about this, beyond citing 
the model document.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple