Subject: [Simple] Revisiting authorization policies in light of the presence data model

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 03:24:01 -0400

Folks,

One of the main goals of generating the presence data model was that we 
were having troubles locking down on many of the open issues in the 
presence authorization specification 
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-presence-rules-00.txt) 
because we had questions on fundamental issues. With the presence data 
model now in place and agreement on its basic tenets.

As such, I reviewed the discussions on the mailing lists about the 
presence authorization specification, and re-examined them in light of 
the data model. In the emails which follow, I will review the issue, 
discuss what the data model says about it, and either describe the 
resolution I believe it brings, or if its still an open issue, propose 
the options and present my opinion on the matter. The good news is, I 
think we have achieved our goal, and many of the issues seem easily 
addressed in light of the data model.

I would like to get sufficient feedback on these resoltuions and issues 
so that I can update the document prior to the 25th of October, with 
some confidence that the revised document reflects working group 
opinions and thus would be ready for WGLC.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple