Subject: [Simple] PUBLISH in SIP Performance Report Event

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:34:49 -0600

I just want to make a quick comment on the use of PUBLISH in this 
document. I think there needs to be some clarification on when this is 
sent -- that is, how the UA knows that the proxy *wants* these 
publication messages. From the text currently in the draft, this looks 
an awful lot like using PUBLISH as an end-around sending unsolicited 
NOTIFY messages by simply changing the method name. I hope that I've 
misunderstood -- in which case some clarifying text might be in order; 
otherwise, I'm very concerned about the precedent this document sets.

/a

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 12:39:20 -0600

Sorry -- wrong list (typo)... taking to SIPPING.

/a