Subject: [Simple] c= line in SDP for MSRP

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:39:39 +0200

Ben:

One more comment about the SDP usage of MSRP (section 8.1 of msrp-09).

The draft correctly indicates that the port number in the m= line is 
ignored, since we have an msrp url in the a=path line. However, I didn't 
find any text indicating that the IP address contained in the c= line 
should also be ignored, because of the same reason.

So I think there are two missing things:

a) how an endpoint populates the hostname/IP address in the c= line. 
Here we may need to distinguish two cases: when the c= line is part of 
the session description (because it has to be a real hostname/IP 
address, since it may affect other media lines), and when the c= line is 
part of the media description (in this case the text should probably 
say, SHOULD NOT or MAY send, since it is going to be ignored).

b) what to do at the receiving endpoint. This is easy, ignore.

I hope you can get this comments into account.

BR,

     Miguel
-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
Nokia Research Center      Helsinki, Finland

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple