Subject: [Simple] MSRP: 413 response needed?

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:39:26 -0600

So, I'm looking at the case where I have a client that wants to say, "I 
want to keep getting your messages on this session, and I don't want to 
suppress your sending of  any particular data type for this session, but 
please stop sending this particular message." (More concretely: I don't 
want to block all future attempts to send video/mpeg4, but please stop 
sending me your copy of The Matrix.)

I picked through all the MSRP status codes, and couldn't find one that 
allows me to do this.

It seems to me that addition of a 413 status code which means, "stop 
this one message" would accomplish this task.

Thoughts?

/a

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:44:51 -0500

Adam,

I can imagine some use for this, but is it worth cluttering up things 
with another error just for this case? It would then have to be 
accompanied by explicit support in the UA (and its UI) to determine when 
to send such a status. I'm on the fence.

	Paul

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:15:17 -0600

Paul Kyzivat wrote:

> accompanied by explicit support in the UA (and its UI) to determine 
> when to send such a status. I'm on the fence.

You don't *have* to send it. However, I'm seeing a strong need for the 
*ability* to send it.

/a