Subject: [Simple] draft-ietf-simple-rpid-05

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:26:49 -0500

draft-ietf-simple-rpid ("RPID: Rich Presence: Extensions to the Presence
Information Data Format (PIDF)") has been updated.

First, unfortunately the schema (and example) did not get fixed as I'm 
still struggling with getting substitution groups to work in this 
particular case and there are other schema issues, such as how to best 
deal with elements that can appear in both <person> and <device>, for 
example. With luck, I should have a working schema before the meeting.

- Otherwise, the draft has been aligned with the data model and is now 
considered functionally complete. The presentation was changed to more 
clearly describe where elements can be used, using tabular formats.

- As discussed on the list, the 'timezone' element was replaced by the 
'time-offset' one since this is likely to be much simpler for most 
systems to compute and the complexity of time zone name mapping is not 
needed in almost all cases.

- A 'device-id' element was added as needed by the data model.

- Some of the placetype properties (such as 'quiet' and 'noisy') didn't 
quite fit into their respective lists, so the 'place-is' element was 
introduced to abstract these characteristics and make the elements more 
orthogonal and thus easier to filter and display on user interfaces.

Henning

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple