Subject: [Simple] More ABNF issues with MSRP

From: Pekka Pessi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 17:40:48 +0200

Hello all,

I've been fiddling with message-sessions-09 grammar again...

1) "_" is not allowed in ABNF names, it looks like ABNF is defined
by some Lisp hackers. So, use <MSRP-url> instead of <MSRP_url>.

2) There has been discussion on SIP list about TLS over SCTP, for
instance. Now the grammar defines the transport parameter as
1*ALPHANUM, not very nice if you want to use tls-sctp between
relays. Use transport = 1*unreserved, for instance?

3) Proposed grammar for the path attribute allows only MSRP URLs,
however, <To-Path> and <From-Path> can have non-MSRP URLs in them. 
It looks like the current <To-Path> and <From-Path> grammar, is an
oversight, they should allow only MSRP-urls.

4) <phrase> is <utf8text> but <text-reason> can only contain
ASCII. Again, an oversight, allow <utf8text> in <text-reason>,
too?

5) utf8text allows invalid UTF-8 sequences (they were allowed in
   RFC 2279, but not in 3629). Use grammar with only 2, 3 or 4
   byte sequences:

UTF8-NONASCII = %xC2-DF 1UTF8-CONT
              / %xE0-EF 2UTF8-CONT
              / %xF0-F7 3UTF8-CONT

UTF8-CONT     = %x80-BF

   Alternatively, use UTF8 grammar from RFC 3629.

6) Reference [14] should have RFC 3629, *not* 3269. 

7) Section 7.1 talks about request contents. It would be nice to
mention that there is no empty line between headers and closing
sequence if there is no body in the request.

--Pekka

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple