Subject: [Simple] updated presence rules spec

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:19:50 -0500

I've submitted an update to the presence rules spec. Until it appears in 
the archives, you can pick up a copy at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-simple-presence-rules-02.txt

changes since the last version:

* allow instance ID to be used as a selector for person, device and
service

* allow class to be used as a selector for person, device and service

* added a provide-all-attributes permission

* moved away from substitution groups for device and service selector
containers

* note the dangers of using <sphere> to determine the subscription
handling

* presence authorization documents inherit the MIME type of the common
policy documents.

* specify that no normative statements are made about when the
presence authorization processing is to be applied, so long as the
final doc sent to the watcher meets the privacy constraints

* changed definition of anonymous so that it only includes
authenticated anonymous identities, and documented how that is
determined, including usage with draft-ietf-sip-identity

* added back draft-ietf-sip-identity as normative ref and means for
authentication for id elements

* removed schema and type definitions for anonymous, as these are now
in common policy

* defined detailed rules for handling of the sub-handling permission,
by describing its interactions with RFC 3857 state machinery and the
rules in rfc3265. Note that presence-auth allows subscription
processing not envisioned in rfc3857 - that a subscription can move
from active back to pending.

* clearly indicate which parts of tuple, device and person are always
included in the genreated document. This is timestamp, basic status,
contact and device-ID

* defined the component-id permission, which defines the degree to
which the contact URI and device ID are randomized/obfuscated.

* added provide-note

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Director, Service Provider VoIP Architecture   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple