Subject: [Simple] New versions of RPID, CIPID, timed-status

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:54:56 -0400

I've gone through the three "rich presence" drafts and cleaned up  
some inconsistencies and left-over text. Beyond some textual clean- 
up, there were no major changes, with some minor additions:

- Added place-of-worship and stadium as locations;

- Added documentation for <other>something</other>;

- Added 'id' attributes to RPID elements to make referencing via  
XPath and similar operations easier (and supporting PIDF/RPID  
extensions that need to reference elements);

- Added attribute extensibility to RPID (not yet done for CIPID;  
unclear that there's a need);

- Dealt with the problems of timing in making time constraints in  
RPID less strict (the old ones were rather difficult to implement in  
practice);

- Adjusted RPID IANA considerations to just have namespaces, without  
value registries (the latter were left over from the early days of  
tokens for activities and moods).

There will likely be a WGLC for these documents soon, but there is no  
reason to wait with your comments until then...

You can find HTML versions for easy reading at

http://www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/draft/rpid/draft-ietf-simple-rpid-07.html
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/draft/cipid/draft-ietf-simple- 
cipid-05.html
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/draft/timed-status/draft-ietf-simple- 
future-04.html

Henning

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:54:37 -0500

These drafts were also recently revised (the iteration before this) so  
that their
schemas align with the extensibility mechanisms agreed to since our most
recent visit to Minneapolis.

These drafts have been through last calls before, but please look  
through them
carefully again.

Last call on these drafts ends 7/13. This gives Henning a few days to  
integrate
any necessary before the -01 deadline. Earlier comments are better than  
late.

Thanks!

RjS

On Jun 27, 2005, at 11:54 PM, Henning Schulzrinne wrote:

> I've gone through the three "rich presence" drafts and cleaned up some  
> inconsistencies and left-over text. Beyond some textual clean-up,  
> there were no major changes, with some minor additions:
>
> - Added 'id' attributes to RPID elements to make referencing via XPath  
> and similar operations easier (and supporting PIDF/RPID extensions  
> that need to reference elements);
>
> - Dealt with the problems of timing in making time constraints in RPID  
> less strict (the old ones were rather difficult to implement in  
> practice);
>
> http://www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/draft/cipid/draft-ietf-simple-cipid 
> -05.html

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:03:36 -0400

There is (at least) one known typo in the schema, in my rush to get this 
out while traveling: The <anyAttribute..> line has a syntax error. See 
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/draft/rpid/schema/rpid.xsd for the 
current stand-alone schema.