Subject: RE: [Simple] MSRP offerer role

From: "Nancy Greene (QC/EMC)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:58:29 -0500

There is a draft available defining the base tag for msrp now. If I
understand correctly, the callee caps way of defining it in an
Accept-Contact or Contact header is just "message", not "+sip.message":
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-camarillo-sipping-message-tag-00.t
xt

Nancy

>>> It certainly shouldn't hurt to use callee caps to advertise support, 
>>> even if nobody else supports it. Depending on others having used 
>>> callee caps may be a bit dicy. But the situation may be better in the 
>>> case of MSRP, because there is probably little or no support for it 
>>> out there yet. You can probably establish a precedent and ensure that 
>>> all MSRP implementations do advertise support via callee caps.
>> 
>> 
>> Your point is well taken--that MSRP should be able to grow along with 
>> its callee-caps.  Is there interest in defining this in the MSRP draft?
>
>Since the way of signaling this in SDP is
>
>	m=message ...
>
>the callee caps way of representing it is:
>
>	+sip.message

Nancy
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple