Subject: [Simple] SIMPLE meeting in Paris

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:24:51 -0500

Folks -

Just a heads up -

Given the use of our slots in Minneapolis and the current set of 
threads on the list,
I'm having a hard time justifying to myself a request for more than a 
single 2.5 hr
slot in Paris. That's what I'm currently planning to put in a request 
for.

RjS

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:32:39 -0400

I think the theme for the meeting should be "what do we need to do to 
finish this item up well before the next meeting"? Our charter ran out 
in September 2004 (and we aren't even working on the last charter item, 
as far as I can tell). Having commitments and WGLC dates planned ahead 
of time might also provide additional thrust.

Robert Sparks wrote:
> Folks -
> 
> Just a heads up -
> 
> Given the use of our slots in Minneapolis and the current set of threads 
> on the list,
> slot in Paris. That's what I'm currently planning to put in a request for.
> 
> RjS
> 
>

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:52:55 -0400

I think there is a subject that hasn't been seriously discussed that IMO 
SHOULD be within the charter of SIMPLE. If it looks like everything else 
is wrapping up it may be time to consider it.

That subject is the coexistence and/or interoperation of page mode and 
session mode IM, and perhaps other forms such as XMPP. I think we are on 
a path towards a balkanized world where different even those who 
"implement SIMPLE" can't exchange IMs.

Exactly how to deal with this - usage guidelines, gateways, etc. is an 
open question to me right now.

Another area where we have so far punted in presence composition 
policies. However here it may just be that the time isn't right - that 
nobody has enough experience to propose something useful.

The above is not intended to suggest that we need more time in Paris. 
But it is intended to suggest that it might be premature for SIMPLE to 
close up shop. We might want to discuss charter changes.

	Paul

---

From: Avshalom Houri <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:37:48 +0300

We should give a push to the arch document.
I have started something but it has expired and a lot have been changed

in SIMPLE.

The document is part of the charter
and is going to be very long document with a lot of effort.

Avshalom

Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>

Sent by: [email-masked]

23/06/2005 07:52 PM

To

Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>

cc

Simple WG <[email-masked]>

Subject

Re: [Simple] SIMPLE meeting in Paris

I think there is a subject that hasn't been seriously
discussed that IMO

Paul

Simple mailing list

[email-masked]

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:12:23 -0400

Given the data model and related documents, I think we can keep this  
to be more of a "road map" to the SIMPLE (and some GEOPRIV)  
documents, rather than a 50 pager. That might actually cause it to  
get published this decade...

On Jun 27, 2005, at 11:37 AM, Avshalom Houri wrote:

>
> We should give a push to the arch document. I have started  
> something but it has expired and a lot have been changed
> in SIMPLE.
>
> The document is part of the charter and is going to be very long  
> document with a lot of effort.
>
> Avshalom
>
>
>