Subject: [Simple] Sip URI and case sensitivity question

From: "Adarsh Khare" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:02:25 -0700

Hi,

According to RFC 3261, section 19.1.4, userInfo part of Sip URI should
be treated as case sensitive. Does anyone know the background behind it,
what I am really wondering is why we have to treat the the user name
part as case sensitive, where almost all application consider username
as case insensitve.

Thanks

adarsh

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:31:42 -0600

>part as case sensitive, where almost all application consider username
The term "case sensitive" is rather old-fashioned in these days of 
stringprep (RFC 3454), since it applies only to the US-ASCII range. Is 
anyone working on fully-internationalized addresses for SIP?

Peter