Subject: [Simple] New draft on composition

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:43:43 -0400

I've put together a draft on presence composition, with the eventual 
goal of having a simple policy language that allows users to specify 
common composition operations. It elaborates on the composition section 
in draft-rosenberg-simple-presence-processing-model.

You can find a slightly updated version, reflecting some private 
comments, at

http://www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/draft/composition/draft-schulzrinne-simple-composition-00a.html

One can make composition infinitely complicated, coming up with all 
kinds of special cases, but I don't think it is productive to go after 
these with a composition policy language. Thus, I'm trying to identify 
common operations and conditions that are likely to be amenable to 
something short of JavaScript operating on a DOM.

There are a number of open issues; in particular, the composition of 
capabilities is likely to be tricky.

Comments are most appreciated.

Henning

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple