Subject: [Simple] SIMPLE and VOIPEER meetings on the same slot

From: Avshalom Houri <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:51:47 +0300

According to current Paris IETF agenda both SIMPLE
group and the VOIPEER meeting

are on the same slot Thu 1400-1630. It seems that
a lot of people would want to

attend both.

Avshalom

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Hisham Khartabil <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 18:42:24 +0200

We are aware of this. We are trying as hard as we can to eliminate this 
conflict.

Thanks,
Hisham

On Jul 21, 2005, at 4:51 PM, Avshalom Houri wrote:

>
> According to current Paris IETF agenda both SIMPLE group and the 
> VOIPEER meeting
> are on the same slot Thu 1400-1630. It seems that a lot of people 
> would want to
> attend both.
>
> Avshalom
>

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:57:26 -0500

There has been vigorous discussion of this specific issue on the working 
group chairs mailing list. The secretariat is doing their best to 
resolve conflicts; however, there may not be a viable solution to this 
particular scheduling problem.

The root issue is the fact that work in the area of real-time 
communication is now being performed in a large _and_ _growing_ list of 
working groups: mmusic, sip, simple, sipping, xcon, avt, and iptel -- 
many of which end up with two slots; and that's ignoring working groups 
that have charter items that real-time communication relies upon, like 
behave, enum, ecrit, ieprep, geopriv, midcom, rohc, dnsext, aaa, 
netconf, radext... the list goes on.

When you try to figure out how to slot in those 7 working groups -- with 
their 10 or so requested slots -- over a 4-and-a-half day period, it's 
pretty tricky. When you add in chair restraints (Cullen can't present in 
SIMPLE and chair BEHAVE at the same time, for example) and AD restraints 
(Allison can't attend SIPPING and IPS at the same time), it becomes even 
a more difficult problem.

As far as I can tell (and this is simply my personal opinion), the only 
real solution is for companies who have a vested interest in helping the 
IETF do its work need to start investing more resources. Yes, it is 
annoying that one of Ben or I are going to have to miss SIMPLE so that 
our company has someone attending VOIPEER, but our solution is to ensure 
that we have enough people showing up that we can cover everything.

/a

Avshalom Houri wrote:

>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

---

From: Avshalom Houri <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:56:34 +0300

A possible alternative is to schedule the VOIPEER
BOF on time where there are no

other meeting similar to an ad-hoc.

I am not sure if the will be according to the customs
of the IETF but it may

benefit a lot of people.

Avshalom

Adam Roach <[email-masked]>

Sent by: [email-masked]

21/07/2005 08:57 PM

To

Avshalom Houri/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL

cc

[email-masked]

Subject

Re: [Simple] SIMPLE and VOIPEER meetings
on the same slot

There has been vigorous discussion
of this specific issue on the working

/a

Avshalom Houri wrote:

Simple mailing list

[email-masked]