Subject: [Simple] updated presence-rules spec

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 04:45:11 -0400

I submitted an update to the presence-rules spec. Until it appears in 
the archives, you can grab a copy here:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-simple-presence-rules-03.txt

Changes:

* terminology cleanup

* alignment with common-policy-05 in terms of identities - presence
rules just states how the identity value is obtained from digest,
rfc3325 and sip-identity.

* presence-rules was still depending on the processing model; that has
been decoupled, mainly by being less specific in several places

* anonymous sip requests are mapped to unauthenticated, since
anonymity is not treated in common policy

* fixed some bugs and inconsistencies

* an issue we've always had is how to compute the value of "sphere"
used in the common policy condition. The trouble is that the value of
sphere is from a presence document, and computing the document
requires the server to perform composition and privacy filtering,
which are defined by the policy document itself. It is thus
circuitous. We had been referencing the presence processing model for
help here. I have decoupled these. Now, the draft goes the simple
route. It takes all of the published presence documents for the
presentity. If the sphere is in any of them, and everywhere it has the
same value - that is the value of sphere. Otherwise, sphere is
undefined.

* updated schema based on latest common policy

* removed component-id; this was the thing obfuscating contact
addresses. THis was not sufficiently baked and would require serious
cooperation between proxies and presence servers to work. So, it was
removed.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Director, Service Provider VoIP Architecture   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple