Subject: [Simple] MSRP v10 "msrp/tcp" <> MSRP v11 "TCP/MSRP"

From: Ignacio Mas Ivars <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:58:21 +0200

Hi!

There has been a change between version 10 and version 11 of the MSRP
draft regarding how the protocol field of the m line in the SDP
description is written. Version 10 says:

 An offered or accepted media-line for MSRP over TCP MUST include a
   protocol field value of "msrp/tcp".  The media field value MUST be
   "message".  The format list field MUST be set to "*".

while version 11 changes the field to:

 An offered or accepted media-line for MSRP over TCP MUST include a
   protocol field value of "TCP/MSRP", or "TCP/TLS/MSRP" for TLS.  The
   media field value MUST be "message".  The format list field MUST be
   set to "*".

Is there any particular reason for the change in order? I don't have any
strong opinion about the change, but it requieres modifying existing
prototype implementations and I just wonder if the reason was more
cosmetic than anything else.

Thanks!
/Ignacio

-- 
Ignacio Más Ivars
Service enablers and protocols, Ericsson Research (EAB/TBG/B)
Ericsson AB                     Phone: +46 8 4045580
Torshamsgatan 23                Fax:   +46 8 7575720
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden     mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple