Subject: [Simple] [XCAP] something about XCAP URI when ADD/DELETE external list

From: "Hu Bo \(Cory\), SLC COM CD/MN R&D Core \(BJ\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:53:53 +0800

Hi,all,

I am implementing XCAP client. Met a problem about external list URI defined in [xcap-list-usage-05].
In the ID(Page10), following example is introduced:

<external anchor="http://www.example.org/xcap/resource-lists/users/a
   /foo/~~/resource-lists/list%5b@name=%22mkting%22%5d">
        <display-name>Marketing</display-name>
       </external>
So, my question is what if I want to put or modify or delete this element,
What kind of URI should be ?

ID list-usage give a statement about this:
"Any characters that are escape encoded are un-escaped,
   and only re-escaped if they cannot be represented within their
   component of the URI.  In other words, if the grammar for a part of
   the URI disallows a certain character, but that character needs to be
   present, it is escape coded."

So, I guess, for instance, the insert operation should contain the 
request like this:
http://www.example.org/xcap/AUID/users/a/DOC/~~/list/external%5b@anchor=
%22http%3a%2f%2fwww.example.org%2fxcap%2fresource-lists%2fusers%2fa%2ffoo%2f~~%2fresource-lists%2flist%5b@name=%27mkting%27%5d%22%5d

XML body is same 
<external anchor="http://www.example.org/xcap/resource-lists/users/a
   /foo/~~/resource-lists/list%5b@name=%22mkting%22%5d">
        <display-name>name</display-name>
       </external>

That is we re-escape all chars like / :  [ and ]. 
And another thing is there is "(%22) embedded in the URI, so I think it should be transformed to ' (%27).
But it seems doesn't work, server response with cannot insert.
I know there might be related with server behavior, but just for discussion, 
Anyone has ideas whether it is correct or not? Is it specified with examples anywhere?
Thanks in advance!

Best Regards /Viele Grüße /Med venlig hilsen 
Hu Bo

Communications Group 
Siemens

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple