Subject: [Simple] Clarification on XCAP path seperator ~~

From: "Zisimopoulos, Haris, VF-Group" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:43:56 +0100

Hi,

I have question regarding whether the separator "~~" in XCAP may be
escaped or not. This is important for interoperability.

It is shown in all the examples as non escaped ~~ and not escaped
(%7E%7E).

However, in security section 13, it is mentioned that XCAP documents may
be identified (e.g. by firewalls) with the presence of ~~ in the URL,
but this is just hint as URL procedures of RFC 2396 or RFC 3987 may
apply, suggesting a possibility of escaping. Specifically RFC 2396 shows
"~" as not a special character, and allows encoding (like for any other
character).

Can it be clarified if the ~~ may be escaped / percent-encoded? If so,
can it be explained directly (e.g. not by inference from security
section) and elaborated (i.e. apply URL encoding as per RFC 2396)?

Best regards,
Haris

Haris Zisimopoulos
Vodafone Group Research & Development - UK

Telephone: +44 (0)7919994709
E-mail: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:06:40 -0700

>"~" as not a special character, and allows encoding (like for any other

The percent-encoded form would be just as identifiable; how would
this help?
		regards,
			Ted