Subject: [Simple] Re: draft-wang-simple-presence-ril-00

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:24:09 -0400

After reading this draft, I am left wondering "why?".

I just don't see the problem that this draft is trying to solve. I would
expect that a subscriber will either request everything he can get, or
at least everything that he knows how to process. If bandwidth
constrained he may request only those things that are valuable enough to
him that he wants to expend the bandwidth to get them. But I don't see
why a subscriber would be limiting what he wants based on what he thinks
the publisher is willing or able to offer.

I think there is also a potential privacy issue in what is proposed. If
I want to exclude someone from obtaining certain pieces of presence
information, I probably don't want to tell them they are being excluded.
I would prefer them to think that information isn't available to anyone.

	Paul

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Xiao Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:45:46 +0800

Thank for Paul's comments.

I know your meaning. But the PIDF ,RPID and others are so many to a user who

can not understand all. So tell the subscriber the user doesn't understand
element, I think that is a good idea. And People may have a reason that he
don't support some of the element in PIDF,RPID etc. In fact, a proxy can
subscribe another proxy,
being excluded is significance among the proxies to subscribe.  

Xiao

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Paul Kyzivat [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 12:24 AM
> To: Xiao Wang
> Cc: Simple WG
> Subject: Re: draft-wang-simple-presence-ril-00
>