Subject: [Simple] updated xcap-diff and new xcap-log

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 00:30:40 -0400

Folks,

I've just submitted an update to xcap-diff. Per my email to the list a 
week or so ago, I've split the draft in two. One part, xcap-diff:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-simple-xcap-diff-02.txt

is a minimal format that just conveys etags, very short. The actual 
change indication itself is now specified here:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-rosenberg-simple-xcap-change-log-00.txt

The idea for the split was that xcap depends only on the content of 
xcap-diff now, not on the more controversial content of xcap-change-log.

Some other changes, mostly in change-log:

* escape coding required for node-selector

* the main problem reported about change-log in the last meeting, was 
the fact that it was using cdata to encapsultate the xml fragment that 
was added or changed in the doc. However, if that fragment contains 
CDATA too, you end up with nested cdata.

So, my fix was to include the xml fragment without encapsulation. In 
order to do that, all in-scope namespaces need to get declared in the 
enclosing element.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Director, Service Provider VoIP Architecture   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple