Subject: [Simple] Schema nits - draft-ietf-simple-xcap-list-usage-05

From: Binu K S <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:49:46 +0530

Hi,

I found two minor problems when I used the schema defined in this
draft with a validating parser (Xerces-C).

The rls-services schema in section 4.2 should import the
resource-lists namespace:
    <xs:import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:resource-lists"/>

The resource-lists schema in section 3.2 has a redundant provision for
allowing elements from other namespaces that results in this error:
  "Complex type 'listType' violates the Unique Particle Attribution
rule in its components '##other' and '##other'"

The part of the schema that causes the error is:

         <xs:any namespace="##other" processContents="lax" minOccurs="0"
          maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
        </xs:choice>
       </xs:sequence>
       <xs:any namespace="##other" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

The second xs:any element in this fragment seems to be redundant. On
removing this, the parser does not have any problems and the schema
still meets the extensibility requirement for allowing elements from
other name-spaces within the list element.

Regards,
Binu K S,
Technical Architect,
Kodiak Networks.

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple