Subject: [Simple] updated data model

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 02:25:27 -0500

I just submitted an update to the presence data model spec. The changes 
reflect IESG discuss comments, the GEN-ART review comments, and other 
nit comments received during last call. The non-trivial changes are:

* added internationalization considerations section

* added discussion on privacy to the security considerations section

* updated schema so that note element can appear more than once; this
is needed to support internationalization, so multiple different
languages for the note can appear

* updated definitions of status and characteristics to be clearer

* clarified the relationship with rfc3863 and rfc2778

* removed reference to enum dip indicator as a sign that a tel URI is
a phone number on the pstn

* updated XMPP URI reference to the new IRI spec

* removed example of 'roaming status' as a bad example of presence
data for a cell phone, and changed to signal strength

* clarified that the ordering of the device and person elements
underneath presence is not important

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple