Subject: [Simple] IMDN issue #9: related to issue #2 keeping state

From: Hisham Khartabil <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:18:52 +0100

The draft says:

"It is RECOMMENDED that a Requesting UAC not notify the user if the
    Requesting UAC receives an IMDN that does not correlate to a message
    the Requesting UAC sent."

This is not correct anymore since we agreed that, in Eric's words, "The 
UAC *ALWAYS* can decide how much state, and what state, to keep. That 
is an implementation issue beyond the protocol."

Therefore, we cannot recommend that a UAC not notify the user if there 
is a IMDN it cannot correlate with an IM. Humans are better judges and 
can correlate an IMDN with an IM, even after machine removes state. 
Remember this is for page-mode messaging as well, not just session 
mode.

I believe this also applies to B2BUAs where the draft says:

"If the B2BUA receives an IMDN that does not match an existing
    Message-ID, the B2BUA MUST discard the IMDN."

Regards,
Hisham

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple