Subject: [Simple] draft-ietf-simple-xml-patch-ops-00 - question regarding schema

From: "Anat Angel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 06:49:16 +0200

Hi

Can you please clarify what is the expected behavior in the following
case (for example):

<add sel="tuple[@id='1']" type="node()(22)" > ... </add> ?

According to the schema, this expression is legal.

Thanks,

Anat.

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Jari Urpalainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 13:51:46 +0200

>According to the schema, this expression is legal.
This is a good point, the positional selection is a leftover, so it will 
be removed from the next version (text node patching will be removed as 
well) . The positional  selection is not needed as it overlaps e.g. with 
pos="before/after" selection. Also it may be very messy  to implement 
because some libraries separate text nodes and CDATA nodes from each 
other making selections unnecessary complex. Also the <add> model isn't 
very consistent in this case.
thanks,
Jari