Subject: [Simple] Notifies on refreshes

From: Avshalom Houri <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 19:07:28 +0200

draft-niemi-sip-subnot-etags-00 takes an important step towards saving 
unneeded
notifies when a subscription is refreshed.
However, until the suggestion will be accepted and implemented I wonder 
what is
the meaning of the following paragraph from 3265:

3.1.6.2. Confirmation of Subscription Creation/Refreshing

   Upon successfully accepting or refreshing a subscription, notifiers
   MUST send a NOTIFY message immediately to communicate the current
   resource state to the subscriber.  This NOTIFY message is sent on the
   same dialog as created by the SUBSCRIBE response.  If the resource
   has no meaningful state at the time that the SUBSCRIBE message is
   processed, this NOTIFY message MAY contain an empty or neutral body.
   See section 3.2.2. for further details on NOTIFY message generation.

What is the definition of *immediately* here? Can the NOTIFY wait until 
there
is a next publish?

--Avshalom
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple