Subject: RE: [Simple] problem with filters and resource lists

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:26:34 +0100

As I understand it now the order of the filters will be different for
following situations:

- List1 at RLS1, List2 at RLS2
- F1 targeted to [email-masked] / [email-masked] respectively
- F2 targeted to [email-masked]

Situation 1:
[email-masked]
	- [email-masked]

[email-masked]
	- [email-masked]

Order of filters applied to bob: F2 (propagated to RLS2), F1 (kept by
RLS1)

Situation 2:
[email-masked] 
	- [email-masked] 

[email-masked] 
	- [email-masked] 

Order of filters applied to bob: F1, F2

The order is important because it can change the resulting notification,
e.g. if F1 excludes all <status> elements and F2 is triggered by change
in <status> element. So we would have different results for the same
filters based on the distribution of the resources.

Is this behavior intended (if the scenarios are correct)?

Silvestr Peknik
TietoEnator

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Hisham Khartabil <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 15:13:25 +0100

> Order of filters applied to bob: F2 (propagated to RLS2), F1 (kept by

As I said, this part is implementation dependent. I would implement it 
in a way that RLS1 remembers that there will be subscription coming for 
[email-masked] from a subscription it forwarded to RLS2. It will then apply 
F1 to the NOTIFY it sends to RLS2.

In any case, the subscriber needs to create the filters in a smart way 
that they don't conflict (like in the example you give below about 
<status>).

> Order of filters applied to bob: F1, F2

This is correct.

Hisham