Subject: [Simple] Purpose of the namespace field in MSRP

From: "Jussi K. Virtanen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 19:23:24 +0200

Hi,

In MSRP, the Status header field in a REPORT request is divided into
a namespace field and a status code field. Is there a compelling
reason for the namespace field to exist at all? Has anyone come up
with any valuable usage for it? To me it seems an odd nod toward
bloat in otherwise reasonably compact grammar.

Best Regards,

--
Jussi K. Virtanen

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:28:46 -0800

I don't care one way or the other. So far it does not seem to be used but
people did argue for it at one point. It might make it easier to GW status
codes to other protocols but I sort of doubt it.