Subject: RE: [Simple] problem with filters and resource lists

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 15:13:05 +0100

Hello, 

I found another thing I need help with. 

3.3 (draft-ietf-simple-event-filter-funct-05):
...
   A SUBSCRIBE request destined to a list URI [4] MAY include multiple
   filters specific to individual resources.  This is achieved by
   including multiple <filter> elements with different URIs of resources
   in each of those elements.  This resource specific filter overrides
   any list specific filter, if any.  The list specific filter may or
   may not include a URI.

So I guess the filters do not stack. If I have filter without uri and
another one with particular uri, only the one with particular uri is
applied to the affected resource. Right?

Now consider following situation. I have [email-masked] (RLS1) and
[email-masked] (RLS2). List2 is one of the resources in list1. List2
contains [email-masked]. A subscription to list1 carries filters for bob (F1)
and for list2 (F2). F2 is propagated to the subscription to list2. RLS2
subscribes back to RLS1 to bob and propagates F2. So notifications from
bob are filtered with both F2 (because it is propagated) and with F1
because bob is under RLS1 administrative control and thus RLS has to
filter the notifications.

Should it work this way?

Thank you,

Silvestr Peknik

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Hisham Khartabil <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:14:35 +0100

> applied to the affected resource. Right?

Not quite. The text should be interpreted as saying that the individual 
resource specific filter is applied first.

> subscribes back to RLS1 to bob and propagates F2.

Why is F2 being propagated?

Hisham

> So notifications from