Subject: [Simple] triggers in filter-format drafts selecting multiple elements - problem?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:11:17 +0100

Hello, again a question about filtering.

Draft-ietf-simple-filter-format-05 describes triggers defining
conditions under which notifications are sent. Lets take the <changed>
trigger:

"The <changed> element is used to identify the XML element or
   attribute, from the package specific XML document, whose value MUST
   change, compared to the "previous XML document", in order to activate
   the trigger and cause the content to be delivered."
...

It is also written that the elements can identify more than one element:

"  In some cases, due to the design of the XML schema, the XPATH-like
   expression results in identifying more than one element with the same
   name (the XPATH expression may not have uniquely identified an
   element at every step).  In those cases, all elements identified are
   selected."

What happens if I have trigger defining change from "open" to "closed"
for some <status> element, and the XPATH-like expression selects more
than one element? One can be changed from "open" to "closed", the other
from "closed" to "open. Similarly, if the selector in <added> element
selects one element in previous document and 2 elements in current
document, is it a match?

Thank you,

Silvestr Peknik
Software Specialist
TietoEnator

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Hisham Khartabil <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 15:45:18 +0100

On Feb 15, 2006, at 2:11 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> from "closed" to "open.

There is only one <status> element in a tuple, so I don't see how this 
would happen in this case. But I say if a trigger filter selects 2 
elements, then its an error.

>  Similarly, if the selector in <added> element

There is something wrong in the filter if one already existed. I doubt 
there will be examples where this would happen.

Hisham