Subject: [Simple] SIMPLE Problem Statement

From: Avshalom Houri <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 00:22:05 +0300

Tim Rang, Edwin Aoki and me have created the following draft.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rang-simple-problem-statement-00.txt

SIMPLE based presence systems today require a unique dialog to be
stablished between every unique presentity-watcher pair.  Even
hough some optimizations have been suggested to the protocol, in
cases where many users within a domain are subscribed to a number of
users in another domain, the number of subscriptions between domains
quickly becomes an issue.  This document examines the scaling issue
and concludes that additional optimizations are necessary.  It also
suggests an initial list of requirements for these optimizations.

As I recall at the end of the last SIMPLE meeting a charter item
regarding scaling of SIMPLE presence systems was discussed and
a problem statement was needed.

I hope that the above draft will help.

--Avshalom

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple