Subject: [Simple] RLMI schema issue in draft-ietf-simple-event-list-07

From: "Joyeux Nicolas-r58909" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 14:43:41 +0100

Hello,
 
I am working with the internet draft "draft-ietf-simple-event-list-07"
and I have an issue with the XML schema of the Resource List
Meta-Information document provided page 13 and 14.
 
The fact is that when parsing this schema with a tool (XMLSpy 2006), I
have the following error :
 
The schema doesn't appear to be valid by itself .
Element <xs:restriction> is not allowed under element <xs:attribute>.
  Reason: The following elements are expected at this location:
   <xs:simpleType>
  Error location: xs:schema / xs:element / xs:complexType / xs:attribute
/ xs:restriction
  Details
   cvc-model-group: Element <xs:restriction> unexpected by type
'xs:attribute' of element <xs:attribute>.
   cvc-elt.5.2.1: The element <xs:attribute> is not valid with respect
to the actual type definition 'xs:attribute'.

Could you please check that error ? 
 
Moreover I have detected a typo error page 15, in the XML example, a
double quote is missing : 

<resource uri="sip:[email-masked]>   =>   <resource
uri="sip:[email-masked]">

Regards,
 
Nicolas J.

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Jari Urpalainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:35:01 +0300

> Could you please check that error ? 
right, there's a missing statement for "state" attribute, if inlined
schema types are being used, the schema should e.g. be:

         <xs:attribute name="state" use="required">
           <xs:simpleType>
             <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
               <xs:enumeration value="active" />
               <xs:enumeration value="pending" />
               <xs:enumeration value="terminated" />
             </xs:restriction>
           </xs:simpleType>
         </xs:attribute>
 
i.e. simpleType tag is missing (although what other type could an
attribute have ;-)).

> uri="sip:[email-masked]">

there's also another additional double quote typo in the schema:
           </xs:extension">

While the schema puts some extension points with <xs:any> and
<xs:anyAttribute> the default value for processContents is "strict", i
think the intention is to have  processContents="lax" instead to allow
additional elements without further complications.

Also there are some bugs in pidf examples, the "id" attribute of <tuple>
is of type <xs:ID> so the "id" value may not start with a number.

Also there has been a BCP to register schemas in IANA, which seems to be
missing.

Although this i-d is in rfc-ed queue, I'll hope these can still be
fixed ?

btw. although i might sound like a broken record, there's a schema tool
available at <http://validate.openlaboratory.net>

br,Jari