Subject: [Simple] Generating Response

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 08:56:44 +0530

Hi All,

In draft-ietf-simple-message-session-14.txt section 7.2 

"If an MSRP endpoint receives a request that either contains a
Failure-Report header field value of "yes", or does not contain a
Failure-Report header field at all, it MUST immediately generate a
response.  Likewise, if an MSRP endpoint receives a request that
contains a Failure-Report header field value of "partial", and the
receiver is unable to process the request, it SHOULD immediately
generate a response."

Is it means that generating response totally depends on the
Failure-Report header field value?

Consider the below example 

MSRP 248 a786hjs2 SEND
To-Path: msrp://biloxi.example.com:12763/kjhd37s2s2;tcp
From-Path: msrp://atlanta.example.com:7654/jshA7we;tcp
Success-Report: yes
Failure-Report: no
Message-ID: 87652\r\n
Byte-Range: 1-25/25\r\n
Content-Type: text/plain\r\n
\r\n
Hey Bob, are you there?\r\n
-------a786hjs2$\r\n   

Will receiver has to generate the 200 OK transaction response or not?

Regards
Amit 

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: "Giridhar A N" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:29:32 +0530

Hi Amit,
	The draft clearly says that generating response depends on the
Failure-report header field value. Pl. check the following section
(7.1.4.  Generating Failure Reports) which says:

" If the endpoint receives a SEND request with a Failure-Report header
   field value of "no", then it MUST NOT send a failure REPORT request,
   and MUST NOT send a transaction response."

Rgds
Giridhar

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 8:57 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Simple] Generating Response

Hi All,

MSRP 248 a786hjs2 SEND

Regards
Amit 

#########################################################
THIS EMAIL MESSAGE IS FOR THE SOLE USE OF THE INTENDED
RECIPIENT(S) AND MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED
INFORMATION. ANY UNAUTHORIZED REVIEW, USE, DISCLOSURE OR
DISTRIBUTION IS PROHIBITED.BEFORE OPENING ANY ATTACHMENTS
PLEASE CHECK FOR VIRUSES AND DEFECTS.IF YOU ARE NOT THE
INTENDED RECIPIENT, PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY BY REPLY
E-MAIL AND DELETE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE.
##########################################################