Subject: [Simple] Updated draft on Presence Composition

From: Ron Shacham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 11:28:01 -0400 (EDT)

We have submitted an update to our draft on Presence Composition.
It is currently available at:

http://www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/drafts/simple/draft-schulzrinne-
simple-composition-02.txt

It discusses the composition of a presence document from multiple sources,
before privacy and filtering steps are done.  The steps involved are:

Discarding tuples
Deriving new presence information
Resolving conflicts between sources
Merging multiple tuples

Based on the discussion, the draft proposes an XML format for specifying 
composition preferences.

A few of the major updates since the -01 version:

*We describe more precisely the method of conflict resolution
*For simplicity, we have chosen to concentrate on merging of <person> 
instances, and hold off on service instance merging.
*We have cleaned up the format for presence derivation, and use a
single XML patch "add" statement for each derivation, without requiring
any additional XML elements.

We would appreciate comments.

Regards,
Ron

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple