Subject: [Simple] Multiple Devices And Message Request

From: "Aniruddha Vaidya" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:59:33 +0530

Hi,
I have a query regarding the registration from multiple devices.

User A register from a PC and a mobile. Both of the devices are using the
user agent which is able to process the MESSAGE request.

Now suppose A has registered both devices with a Registrar. And User B who's
in the buddy  list of A want to send the message to A. Using the presence
information available to B, he can send the message to A on either his
mobile or on his PC.

So In such a case is it possible to send instant message to a particular
device ?
What should be the proxy behaviour ?

Regards,
Aniruddha
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:09:34 -0400

Aniruddha,

It MAY be possible, depending upon how A has published presence.

A MAY publish presence as a single service, with the contact included 
being the AOR. In that case B will have no choice where its message goes.

Or A MAY publish presence as two services, one for each of its devices, 
with the contact being the contact address of the particular device. (Or 
a GRUU for that device.) In that case, B may choose between those 
services and send to the corresponding contact, which will go only to 
the corresponding device.

	Paul

Aniruddha Vaidya wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>