Subject: [Simple] MSRP-Size of Chunks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 12:32:24 +0200

Hi!
I have q question about the size of the chunks in the MSRP.
How come its 2048 Bytes? What is the base for this size?

Thank you!

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 08:12:34 -0500

It was a size that transfers quickly on most modern communication  
technologies. But mostly we just picked a number.

Keep in mind that it is not a "chunk-size" per se. It is a size above  
which the sender must make the message interruptible. Actual chunks  
can be larger or smaller.

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:55:26 -0700

It seemed small enough that it would not cause a long blocking  
queuing latency on even a 9600 bps link and large enough that the  
protocol was not too inefficient even when not using blocks larger  
than this. Likely any number from 1k to 10k would work just about as  
well.

On Jun 23, 2006, at 6:12 AM, Ben Campbell wrote:

> Keep in mind that it is not a "chunk-size" per se. It is a size  
> above which the sender must make the message interruptible. Actual  
> chunks can be larger or smaller.
>