Subject: [Simple] continuation of draft-ietf-simple-pres-policy-caps-01 & draft-ietf-simple-common-policy-caps-01

From: "Atle Monrad \(GR/ETO\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 17:01:07 +0200

Hello

The conclusion on the drafts draft-ietf-simple-pres-policy-caps-01 and
draft-ietf-simple-common-policy-caps-01 discussed at the SIMPLE session
on Tuesday was not completely clear to me.

>From a 3gpp point of view, it is my opinion that these drafts can be
discontinued. I am not aware of any particular requirements that makes
these drafts needed. On the contrary, I think it would be beneficial to
get the specifications ready and get some deployment experience without
having too complicated mechanisms.

If these drafts are terminated, I am confident that we can do our part
in 3gpp aswell by removing any reference to the drafts. 

IMHO, please don't use the fact that the drafts are currently referenced
by 3gpp as a reason to continute the work.

/atle

Atle Monrad
Business Unit Mobile Platforms

Ericsson Norway
ETO/GR/TG
Phone: +47 372 93 040
Mobile: +47 454 10 665
Mail: [email-masked]
Web: www.ericsson.com

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 22:10:04 -0400

I think the conclusion was in fact to not continue them.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com