Subject: [Simple] XML Resource Lists

From: "Noga Tor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 16:30:32 +0300

Hi

I'm still not too sure about the difference between the "rls-services" and
"resource-lists" (AUID/namespace/schema).
Each namespace defines a different schema.

1) What excatly is the practical difference between them and when should
each be used?

2) When a XDM Client wants to perform an XCAP PUT to the RLS XDMS, which
format should it use?

Thanks
Noga
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:25:48 -0400

They are different things. You need both for a buddy list.

A resource list is just a list of users. A list of users could be used 
for many things, like a phone book, group conference, or a buddy list.

An rls-services document defines a buddy list. It does so by defining 
the buddy list URI and a pointer to the resource list for that buddy 
list. It also defines the set of event packages that are applicable.

-Jonathan R.

Noga Tor wrote:

> Hi
>  
> I'm still not too sure about the difference between the "rls-services" 
> and "resource-lists" (AUID/namespace/schema).
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com