Subject: [simple] About MSRP endpoint authentication

From: "Massimo Lupini" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:48:16 +0200

Hi,
 
  I'm newbie to this WG, but I have a couple of questions about the
authentication mechanism.
 
In the draft-ietf-simple-msrp-relays-08.txt, the following scenario is
described, in the
section 3:
-----------------
The following example show a typical MSRP session. The AUTH requests 
are explained in a later section but left in the example for call 
flow completeness. 
 
Alice            a.example.org       b.example.net              Bob 
|                     |                    |                     | 
|::::::::::::::::::::>| connection opened  |<::::::::::::::::::::| 
|--- AUTH ----------->|                    |<-- AUTH ------------| 
|<-- 200 OK-----------|                    |--- 200 OK---------->| 
|                     |                    |                     | 
.... time passes .... 
|                     |                    |                     | 
|--- SEND ----------->|                    |                     | 
|<-- 200 OK ----------|:::::::::::::::::::>| (slow link)         | 
|                     |--- SEND ---------->|                     | 
|                     |<-- 200 OK ---------|--- SEND ----------->| 
|                     |                    |                ....>| 
|                     |                    |                  ..>| 
|                     |                    |<-- 200 OK ----------| 
|                     |                    |<-- REPORT ----------| 
|                     |<-- REPORT ---------|                     | 
|<-- REPORT ----------|                    |                     | 
|                     |                    |                     | 
 
----------------------------------
 
My first question is:
 
When the MSRP client wants to initiate an MSRP session, how does the
peer know that it must open a TLS connection and authenticate to relays
of his realm?
 
The other one is:
 
Are the keys generated by the relay itself? Are username and password
kept by the relay? If not, who would keep them and how would the relay
obtain them? 

If I've miss any points, could you point me to any references?
 
Regards,
 
Massimo Lupini
 
----------------------------------
 
Massimo Lupini
CONSEL - Consulting Academy 
Via S. Sandri 45, 00159 Roma 
mobile: +39 3333600591
mail: [email-masked] 
 
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple