Subject: [Simple] IMDN Issue 1: Message/CPIM namespace for extension headers

From: Hisham Khartabil <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 09:13:16 +0200

RFC3862 ((CPIM): Message Format) defines a framework for header 
extensibility whose use is optional. At least that's how it is 
understood by some of us in that the default namespace can be used and 
no need for a new namespace. Others believe that it is mandatory to 
define a new namespace for Message/CPIM header extensions. We seek 
guidance from the authors of RFC3862 on that.

Depending on the outcome to the above question, we may need to make the 
decision regarding the need of the new namespace. Some argued that it 
is useful for capability negotiation. "What capability negotiation?" 
was my response.

Comments and guidance are welcome.

Regards,
Hisham

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple