Subject: [Simple] IMDN Issue 2: Really-From and Really-To header names

From: Hisham Khartabil <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 09:26:16 +0200

I have received a few complaints that these header names are 
inappropriate. The purpose of those headers is to help guide the IMDN 
back to intermediaries that need to see IMDNs for IMs.

I have suggested "IMDN-Record-Route" and "IMDN-Route" for replacing 
"Really-From" and "Really-To" header names respectively.

Ben suggested that "it would be better to choose something that does 
not use the same several-character opening sequence". I and Eric don't 
buy this argument. Anyone in support of Ben?

any comments about the new suggested header names?

Regards,
Hisham

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

4)
Cc: 
Subject: [Simple] IMDN Issue 2: Really-From and Really-To header names

I have received a few complaints that these header names are 
inappropriate. The purpose of those headers is to help guide the IMDN 
back to intermediaries that need to see IMDNs for IMs.

I have suggested "IMDN-Record-Route" and "IMDN-Route" for replacing 
"Really-From" and "Really-To" header names respectively.

Ben suggested that "it would be better to choose something that does 
not use the same several-character opening sequence". I and Eric don't 
buy this argument. Anyone in support of Ben?

any comments about the new suggested header names?

Regards,
Hisham

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: "Burger, Eric" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 12:34:02 -0400

I like the new names.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hisham Khartabil [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 3:26 AM
To: [email-masked]' WG
Subject: [Simple] IMDN Issue 2: Really-From and Really-To header names

Regards,
Hisham