Subject: [Simple] Updated MSRP draft

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 16:13:24 -0600

Hi,

I just submitted a revised version of the MSRP base specification.  
This version contains some minor changes as a result of feedback from  
the URI review. The previous version of the draft has been through  
IETF last call and IESG review.

The substantive changes are as follows:

1) We removed the prohibition against percent-encoded characters in  
the authority part of the URI, and mentioned the implied need to  
consider percent-encoded character normalization in URI comparison.  
We received strong feedback that prohibiting percent-encoding was a  
bad idea, due to the fact that if we don't allow the conventional  
methods of encoding reserved characters, implementers will invent  
their own proprietary ways.

2) We removed the slash character from the allowed set of characters  
for the Session-ID component of the URI.  We received feedback that a  
slash should only be used as a delimiter between hierarchical  
components. Since Session-Id does not describe a hierarchy, the slash  
is not appropriate.

3) We changed the ABNF for the host part of the URI from  
"  [ userinfo "@"] hostport " to "authority" . This was to adapt to  
the newer definitions in RFC 3896, which defines "authority" as  
" [ userinfo "@"] host [ ":" port ] "

Until the revision becomes available from the repository, you can  
view it at one of the following links:

http://www.nostrum.com/~ben/draft-ietf-simple-message-sessions-19.txt

http://www.nostrum.com/~ben/draft-ietf-simple-message-sessions-19.html

Thanks!

Ben.

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple