Subject: [simple] [Sip-implementors] XCAP Server for list uage implementation (how to limit the number of <entry> sub-element>?)

From: 何哲勳hocs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 09:18:22 +0800

Dear there,

I didn't get any response, so I post my question again. Any feedback is
welcome. 

The question is described as followings,

I would like to ask a question about XCAP List Usage implementation. If I
want to implement a XCAP Server providing rls-services document
manipulation, but I want to limit the number of <entry> under the <list>
element, that is per list has a maximum number of 200 <entry> sub-elements.
Is the XCAP Server allowed to do this? When a XCAP Client want to put an
entry but exceed this limitation, what XCAP Server should respond to client
(return an error code?)

Thanks in advance.

BR,
Jeffrey 

%;+H%s%i/`%]'t$u,c0|>w1K8j0T!A+D+|)w$'&,%s*L!A=P$E(O%N)N4&ES%;+H%s$:.e!A(C=P>P74&9+H%s!C
This email may contain confidential information. Please do not use or disclose it in any way and delete it if you are not the intended recipient.

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 17:26:27 -0500

Sorry for the long delay in responding.

Right now there is no standard way to signal this. Effectively you are
extending the application usage with additional validation constraints.
In that case, if the user adds too many you would reject with a 409 and
have it contain an xcap-error document with an <extension> element
containing the error code and data (such as the maximum allowed buddies)
you have defined.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com