Subject: [Simple] Open source MSRP implementation

From: Lorenzo Miniero <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:20:49 +0200

Dear all,

just a brief post to notify all the interested readers that we at 
University of Naples recently released a prototype, open source, 
implementation of the Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP) written in C.

The library has only been released a few days ago, and so at the moment 
only provides some very basic functionality, such as:

	* endpoint-to-endpoint sessions;
	* "switching"-mode (to enable conference rooms), where each conference 
room is seen as an endpoint by all participants.

Only text can be sent, i.e. no MIME encoding of data, CPIM and the like.
Chunking is envisaged but not working yet. Besides, no relaying 
functionality is provided, though we're working on it.

We're currently using this library to provide some chatroom 
functionality in Confiance, our prototype implementation of the XCON 
framework (which is why I'm forwarding this mail to the XCON mailing 
list too), and though still very basic, the library does its work.

If you're interested in having a look at the library you can get it on 
its Sourceforge project page:

	http://sourceforge.net/projects/libmsrp/

which also contains a couple of sample applications to test the 
currently provided functionality.

In a few days we'll update the Confiance project as well 
(http://confiance.sf.net/), which will envisage the integration of the 
MSRP functionality in both client and server sides. MSRP sessions in the 
framework are negotiated within SIP/SDP as described in the draft.

We'd really appreciate some feedback upon the current status of the 
work, and suggestions on future work to be done of course.

Regards,
Lorenzo

-- 
Lorenzo Miniero, Junior Researcher
Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica
Università degli Studi di Napoli "Federico II"
Via Claudio 21 -- 80125 Napoli (Italy)
Phone: +390817683821 - Fax: +390817683816
Email: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple