Subject: [Simple] "last call" #2 on SIMPLE-XMPP interworking I-D

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 13:24:14 -0600

Last June I asked for an informal "last call" on an informational I-D 
that specifies interworking between SIMPLE and XMPP for basic messaging 
and presence:

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/simple/current/msg06569.html

Since then the authors have received feedback from a number of people, 
which as far as I know has been fully incorporated. Therefore it seems 
appropriate to request a second "last call" regarding this I-D:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-xmpp-simple-09.txt

http://www.xmpp.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-xmpp-simple-09.html

Once again, please note that this I-D seeks to define only basic 
messaging and presence interoperability between SIMPLE and XMPP. Use 
cases such as chat and multi-party messaging (e.g. between MSRP and XMPP 
messages of type 'chat' or'groupchat') and rich or extended presence are 
not covered by this specification. However, it is the intent of the 
authors to address more advanced interworking in future specifications.

Please send feedback to the SIMPLE list or to the authors directly.

Thanks!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
XMPP Standards Foundation
http://www.xmpp.org/xsf/people/stpeter.shtml

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 16:06:17 -0500

Peter:

This version addresses all security-related concerns that I have 
previously raised. Thanks.

/a

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> that specifies interworking between SIMPLE and XMPP for basic 
> messaging and presence:
>
> cases such as chat and multi-party messaging (e.g. between MSRP and 
> XMPP messages of type 'chat' or'groupchat') and rich or extended 
> presence are not covered by this specification. However, it is the 
> intent of the authors to address more advanced interworking in future 
> specifications.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>