Subject: [Simple] Some Questions Regarding Presence attributes...

From: "Noga Tor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 17:33:30 +0300

Hi Everyone

I have some questions I wanted to ask, regarding the Published Presence
Attributes.
I would appreciate any information you might have on any of the issued
mentioned.

1. Authorization
============

if a presentity has defined an authorization rule granting persmission for
certain presence attribute for the watcher.

- does this mean that this watcher will never again enter the pending state?
- If so, does this mean that reactive authorization (via winfo) can be done
only once, and after that authorizations are done proactively only (via
XCAP)?
- Is all the above true, for the case of creating a rule that applies to the
watcher, but not directly to him (i.e. domain identity)?
meaning after a rule has been created for a domain, all watchers of this
domain, will never enter the pending state?

2. Default values
============

Is there any way/need of defining default values for presence attributes?
if a user published no/some attributes, do we need to fill up unpublished
attributes with defaults?

3. Persistency
===========

Are there any presence attributes that need to be persistent?
For example, for attributes whose value is large - persistency can be used
to avoid republishes of the large value.

4. IMPS - SIP translation
==================

Is there any document or link to which you can refer me to that deals with
mapping IMPS presence attributes to SIP presence attributes?
Is this sort of effort being done somewhere?

Thanks in advance,
Noga Tor
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple