Subject: [Simple] Reminder: review draft-ietf-simple-interdomain-scaling-analysis-00.txt

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 08:41:01 -0700

Everyone -

If you have not already done so, please take the time in the next  
week or so to go through
the model and analysis in draft-ietf-simple-interdomain-scaling- 
analysis-00.txt and provide
comments to the list. Please leave Avshalom some time before the next  
I-D deadline to
incorporate comments in the next revision.

Thanks,

RjS

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 15:58:44 -0600

Robert Sparks wrote:
> Everyone -
> 
> If you have not already done so, please take the time in the next week 
> or so to go through
> the model and analysis in 
> draft-ietf-simple-interdomain-scaling-analysis-00.txt and provide

I have written a similar document for XMPP [1] and have chatted with 
Avshalom off-list about the desirability of more tightly defining 
"profiles" of presence usage so that we can more accurately scope the 
traffic requirements. It would be especially useful to look into the 
differences between rich presence (using presence as the transport for 
things like mood and tune) and more traditional on/off presence 
supplemented by text description ("away + in a meeting" and the like). 
In particular, rich presence applications will result in both larger 
packets and a greater frequency of presence changes, thus putting a much 
more significant strain on the presence infrastructure.

Peter

[1] 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-xmpp-presence-analysis-00.txt