Subject: [Simple] I-D: Motivation of providing Presence information as RSS Feeds

From: "Arjun Roychowdhury" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 17:06:08 -0400

Hi, I have just submitted a draft discussing the motivation of mapping
Presence information to RSS feeds.

Till it appears in the archives, the I-D can be found at
http://arjunrc.googlepages.com/draft-ietf-roy-presencerss-00.txt

Abstract:

        RSS Feeds have always played an important role in providing users
        content related updates typically of Websites without having to visit
        those websites manually. Typical examples of RSS usage include users
        'subscribing' to the RSS feed of a website, say, CNN.com and thereby
        automatically receiving 'news headlines' when the content changes.
        Recently, there have been significant innovations (such as Yahoo
        Pipes and Google Mash-up Editor) where RSS feeds from different
        sources have been combined to produce new services in a 'Web Based
        Service Creation Environment' model allowing users to create
        interesting services building on top of 'primitives' that can be
        represented on the Web.

        This document describes the motivation for an RSS feed for Presence
        information, which the authors believe would be useful to create new
        services using a similar environment described above.

Comments welcome
regds
arjun

-- 
Arjun Roychowdhury

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: "Arjun Roychowdhury" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 19:00:27 -0400

Hi, I will be resubmitting this document shortly based on comments I
have received offline. Please reserve comments till I repost.

Appreciate it.
regds
arjun

-- 
Arjun Roychowdhury