Subject: [Simple] New draft on "SIMPLE made Simple"

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 11:13:17 -0400

I've just posted:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-simple-simple-00.txt

This draft is basically the SIP hitchhikers guide, but for SIMPLE. It 
was meant to fulfill our charter item:

Jun 2007	  	Submission of SIMPLE protocol annotated overview draft to 
IESG for publication as Informational

Comments and questions welcome.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Gunnar Hellström <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 21:24:59 +0200

Jonathan,
Thanks for a good overview.

I have two suggestions for the first paragraph in section 3.

There is currently a sentence there saying:
"In session mode, IM is viewed as another media type - along with audio
   and video - and an INVITE request is used to set up a session that
   includes IM as a media type."

1. Firstly, we have agreed to mention the three basic real-time media types
"video, text and audio" in SIP related specifications. So, I suggest to add
"text" here.

2. Then, I suggest that you mention that the media type for SIMPLE IM is
"message".

With these two small edits the sentence would become:

"In session mode, IM is viewed as another media type - along with audio,
text
   and video - and an INVITE request is used to set up a session that
   includes IM as a "message" media type.

Gunnar    
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Gunnar Hellström
Omnitor
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Rosenberg [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2007 5:13 PM
To: Simple WG
Subject: [Simple] New draft on "SIMPLE made Simple"

I've just posted:

This draft is basically the SIP hitchhikers guide, but for SIMPLE. It was
meant to fulfill our charter item:

Jun 2007	  	Submission of SIMPLE protocol annotated overview
draft to 
IESG for publication as Informational

-Jonathan R.

__________ NOD32 2345 (20070622) Information __________

Detta meddelande dr genomsvkt av NOD32 Antivirus.
http://www.nod32.com

---

From: "Arun Punj (WD/EUS)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:51:11 -0500

Nit.

At a few places RFC4779-->RFC4479

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Rosenberg [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2007 11:13 AM
To: Simple WG
Subject: [Simple] New draft on "SIMPLE made Simple"

I've just posted:

-Jonathan R.

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 17:19:28 -0400

Thanks, fixed.

-Jonathan R.