Subject: [Simple] I-D (Updated): Motivation for converting Presence documents to RSS Feeds

From: "Arjun Roychowdhury" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 11:38:43 -0400

Hi,
I have submitted a new draft discussing the motivation of converting
Presence documents to RSS feeds.

Till it appears on the list,
http://arjunrc.googlepages.com/draft-roy-simple-presencerss-00.txt

As a working example of the benefits, I've published a mappable
presence feed example using GoogleMashupEditor at
http://rsspresence.googlemashups.com/ using concepts proposed in this
draft.

Comments are welcome.

Abstract:
RSS Feeds have always played an important role in providing users
content related updates typically of Websites without having to visit
  those websites manually. Typical examples of RSS usage include users
   'subscribing' to the RSS feed of a website, say, CNN.com and
thereby   automatically receiving 'news headlines' then the content
changes. Recently, there have been significant innovations (such as
Yahoo   Pipes and Google Mash-up Editor) where RSS feeds from
different    sources have been combined to produce new services in a
'Web Based  Service Creation Environment' model allowing users to
create interesting services building on top of 'primitives' that can
be  represented on the Web.

This document describes the motivation for an RSS feed for Presence
information, which the authors believe would be useful to create new
services using a similar environment described above.

regds
arjun

-- 
Arjun Roychowdhury

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple