Subject: [Simple] [MSRP chat] Issue 8: Domain in validations

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 16:55:43 +0300

Jonathan Rosenberg wrote:
 >> The
 >>    validation can also fail, e.g., if the Use-Nickname header contains a
 >>    nickname URI for which the conference server has no authority and the
 >>    conference server does not have the means to validate the nickname
 >>    from the domain that issued it.
 >
 > This seems to say that what a user should be able to reserve is ONLY the
 >  <nickname> part above, so that the only error possible is that the
 > nickname is in use.

It would be possible, but then the headers wouldn't include a nickname
URI, but just the "nickname" portion of the URI, not even the whole
'username' part of the nickname URI.

The UA has the knowledge to build a full nickname URI, so I would
prefer to leave in that way.

The text that you mention was considering an error or unsupported
case: the user includes a full nickname URI which is not structured
according to this specification. Probably, in this case, we would need
an error response as well (not yet specified).

My suggestion: leave the procedures as they are, but clarify that the
text above is an error case when a nickname is not built according to
what the document says.

/Miguel
-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
Nokia Siemens Networks     Espoo, Finland

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple