Subject: [Simple] [MSRP chat] Issue 6: Domain of the nickname URI

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 15:00:41 +0300

Jonathan Rosenberg wrote:
 >> In particular, this specification does not provide
 >>    a general mechanism for domains issuing nicknames, other than the
 >>    domain of the conference server.
 >
 > I think this is good, but the conversational text above talks about
 > domain nicknames. I think it should speak only of chatroom nicknames.
 >

My understanding was that we wanted to provide zero support for domain
nicknames, although it would be syntactically correct to include a
domain nickname in the protocol. On doing so, there might be a few
areas where the authors have failed to provide a clear terminology
when transiting from previous versions of the drafts.

So, I would suggest that we clarify early enough that:
- The spec does not support domain names, although it could be
included if in the future a spec indicates all the procedures.
- The spec supports only nicknames issued by the chat room server

/Miguel
-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
Nokia Siemens Networks     Espoo, Finland

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple