Subject: [Simple] [MSRP chat] Issue 5: Unplaced text: learning capabilities

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:55:31 +0300

Jonathan Rosenberg wrote:
 >> The conference focus of a chat room MUST learn the chatroom
 >>    capabilities of each participant that joins the chat room, and
 >>    MUST
 >>    inform the MSRP mixer of such support.  This is to prevent that
 >>    the
 >>    MSRP mixer distributes private messages to participants who do not
 >>    support private messaging.
 >
 > this text seems out of place here since you havent said anything about
 > what is involved in learning such capabilities.

There is a paragraph in Section 4 (earlier in the draft) that mentions 
the learning process:

    We extend the current MSRP negotiation that takes place in SDP
    [RFC4566] to allow participants to learn whether the chat room
    supports and is willing to accept (e.g., due to local policy
    restrictions) certain MSRP functions defined in this memo, such as
    nicknames or private messaging.

Isn't that enough to justify the actions that take place when a user 
joins a chat room? Or are you suggesting to clarify that the learning 
process is bidirectional, from chat room server to UA and from UA to 
chat room server?

/Miguel

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
Nokia Siemens Networks     Espoo, Finland

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple