Subject: [Simple] [MSRP chat] Issue 11: Anonymity bug

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 17:08:13 +0300

Jonathan Rosenberg wrote:
 >> If the sender of the message wants to remain anonymous to the rest of
 >>    the participants, and providing that the policy of the conference
 >>    allows anonymous participation, the creator SHOULD populate the From
 >>    header of the Message/CPIM body with an anonymous identity, e.g.,
 >>    using the "anonymous" SIP URI as described in RFC 3261 [RFC3261]
 >
 > Ugh, this is a bug I'd rather not propagate....

So you are OK with the text, I hope. I was trying to give similar
guidelines as RFC 3261 gives with respect the population of the From
header field.

/Miguel
-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
Nokia Siemens Networks     Espoo, Finland

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: "Hisham Khartabil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 09:22:31 +1000

I think Jonathan is asking you not to use whatever is in RFC3261 since he
believes is it a bug. So he is not ok with the text.

What other mechanisms do we have in place to allow anonymity?

Hisham