Subject: [Simple] Bytes calculation error in the scaling-analysis draft

From: Avshalom Houri <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:54:51 +0300

123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345
Marc Willekens has found a calculation error in the draft.
Many thanks to Marc for finding this.

The affect is that the number of bytes in steady state was doubled
or quadrupled and the net effect was double the number of bytes
per day/second.

Numbers are still high but it is very important to make sure that
the calculations are right.
I hope that other people will be able to review the calculations
in depth.

The mistake that I have made was in the calculation of S03 and S08
number of bytes. I have multiplied that total number of message at that
stage with the total number of bytes for NOTIFY, 200 OK and the presence
document. The result was that we got almost double the size of the
presence document which is 3000 bytes in the document.

An updated draft and excel file were prepared and Robert agreed to host
them (thanks):

http://www.nostrum.com/~rjsparks/draft-ietf-simple-interdomain-
scaling-analysis-02.txt

http://www.nostrum.com/~rjsparks/SIMPLE_message_computation-02.xls

--Avshalom

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple