Subject: [Simple] Updated presence-rules

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 16:58:21 -0400

I've submitted an update to the presence-rules specification:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-presence-rules-10.txt

the changes were meant to address IESG comments:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/idtracker/ballot/1543/

These resulted in a few changes worth noting:

* the spec now as a section that documents implementation requirements 
on clients and servers. In particular, all attributes MUST be supported 
by servers, and SHOULD be supported by clients

* consideration for cases where multiple clients edit a rules document, 
but support different subsets of rules, is considered

* identity processing has been revised and generalized. Now, instead of 
enumarting handling for the currently defined SIP mechanisms (4474, 
digest, PAID), it defines a more general framework that covers all 
three. This moves PAID to informational and avoids the downref to RFC3325.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple