Subject: [Simple] Regarding MSRP Reports

From: "Reddeppa Reddy L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:52:36 +0530

Hi Ben,

I have following doubt about usage MSRP Reports.

In the MSRP specification, it is mentioned that Reports indicate the
"delivery status" of messages. Does the delivery status "Success" means

1. Application has just received the complete message from MSRP stack
(receiving end point) OR
2. Application has received the complete message from MSRP stack and is able
to process it successfully.

I hope Ben or somebody from the group clarify my doubt.

Thanks in advance,
Reddeppa Reddy L
Samsung India Software Operations Pvt Ltd, India.
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 08:23:07 -0500

On Aug 28, 2007, at 2:22 AM, Reddeppa Reddy L wrote:

> In the MSRP specification, it is mentioned that Reports indicate  
> the "delivery status" of messages. Does the delivery status  
> "Success" means
>
> 1. Application has just received the complete message from MSRP  
> stack (receiving end point) OR
> 2. Application has received the complete message from MSRP stack  
> and is able to process it successfully.

It means the application has received and processed the byte-range of  
the message as indicated in the byte-range header field. It could be  
the whole message or a subset.

Keep in mind that "processed" is not a well defined term. A success  
report should indicate that automatic processing, local policy  
checks, etc, have succeeded. It is _not_ a guarantee that a human  
has, or ever will, see the message.

Hope this helps!

Ben.