Subject: [Simple] And now, for something different

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 17:39:34 -0400

Any takers for
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-burger-simple-im-cancel-request-00
.txt

???

The Abstract:
   This document describes a mechanism for a user agent client to
   request the marking of a previously sent Instant Message as
   cancelled.  From a user's perspective, the user agent server, or
   other proxies or relay points in the network, can effectively remove
   the first message, giving the impression the first message was
   cancelled.  This document describes the utility of such a function,
   as well as the futility of attempting to create a true message
   cancellation feature.

This was a discussion topic in the SIP WG in Chicago.  This draft is
considerably different than the draft discussed there.

Is this of interest for the SIMPLE group?

Thanks.

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 18:27:30 -0400

I like it - to the extent that if you want something like that then it 
is probably the best that can be done.

OTOH its still not very high on my priority list for things that need to 
be done at all. I don't currently use any IM that does store and 
forward, so its utility is moot for me. If I did, I suppose I might use 
it on rare occasion (if I could remember how).

	Paul