Subject: [Simple] Presence dictionary -06 sumitted

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 11:44:23 +0300

As I indicated verbally during the SIMPLE meeting in Chicago, I found an 
error in the presence dictionary. I have now fixed it and I have just 
submitted version -06.

While this becomes generally available, you can fetch a copy from:

http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/draft-garcia-simple-presence-dictionary-06.txt
http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/draft-garcia-simple-presence-dictionary-06.html

Changes in this version are:
- There was something weird with the string "country", which apparently 
was part of the actual dictionary but didn't get an address in the 
Appendix A.
- In the Appendix A there were 4 or 5 duplicated strings. Although this 
is not an error into the actual dictionary, I fixed the duplicated entries.

Due to this, the dictionary itself changed: state_identifier, length, 
addresses of strings, etc. If you want to check track changes list, the 
draft is available at:

http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/draft-garcia-simple-presence-dictionary-06-from-5.html

/Miguel
-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
Nokia Siemens Networks     Espoo, Finland

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: "Jin, Haipeng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 09:52:33 -0700

Hi, Miguel,

I am looking at the binary representation of the dictionary. Near
address location 0950 (toward the end of the string subset), terms such
as "sick", "hospital" are included. But my understanding is that these
are low priority strings and should appear toward the beginning of the
string subset. Is this an oversight, or is it intentional?

Thanks,
Haipeng

-----Original Message-----
From: Miguel Garcia [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 1:44 AM
To: SIMPLE mailing list
Subject: [Simple] Presence dictionary -06 sumitted

http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/draft-garcia-simple-presence-dict
ionary-06.txt
http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/draft-garcia-simple-presence-dict
ionary-06.html

is not an error into the actual dictionary, I fixed the duplicated
entries.

http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/draft-garcia-simple-presence-dict
ionary-06-from-5.html

/Miguel

---

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 22:36:16 +0300

Haipeng,

Yes, these strings have an allocated priority of 5 and ideally should be 
  located towards the top of the dictionary. But they are embedded with 
the priority 1 strings.

This might be cause due to either :
a) The algorithm is optimizing the strings and perhaps they are merged 
with other strings, which happen to have priority 1;

For example, "hospital" is merged with "lang" to form "hospitalang". 
Notice that "lang" is allocated priority 1, so the result is promoted to 
priority 1.

But I don't have an excuse for "sick"

b) An error in the script that generates the dictionary.

I need to investigate this a bit more...

/Miguel