Subject: [Simple] Presence SIP URI

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:34:59 -0400

Dear Staff,

I am a Masters Student of Concordia University, Montreal Canada. I  
have been working on SIP and SIMPLE Presence Model, I have question  
regarding the Presence entity (e.g. User) in Presence Model which has  
a public SIP URI to publish his presence information to Presence  
Service(PS) but I am confuse on the issue of :

What if the Presence entity is an Object(any Physical entity except  
User) so can we assign or that object have its on public SIP URI to  
public his Presence Information to Presence Service ?

Is Presence Model or SIP currently support SIP URI to non-User  
entities(let say Real world Objects) ?

If the answer of one of the above question is yes then:

How we can anticipate its(Object's) presence information publishable  
to Presence Service or available to other users(Subscribers/Watcher) ?

The term Object's Presence Information means its location in any  
instant of time thats what I want to report it to Watcher Application.

I hope you understand my point of view and queries, If something is  
not understandable to you in these queries i glad to explain you  
further. As my Masters Degree Project I am working on 3GPP(IMS)  
Presence Architecture[3GPP TS 23.141 R7] in which I am gathering  
Presence Information from external network(let say Wireless Sensor  
Network) and make them available to 3GPP(IMS domain).

I would appreciate your detail reply soon.

Arif

Research Assistant
ECE Department,
Concordia University
Montreal, Canada
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple