Subject: [Simple] Excel file that was for caclulations

From: Avshalom Houri <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 13:51:19 +0200

The excel file that was used for the calculations in 

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-interdomain-scaling-analysis-03.txt

Can be found in:

http://www.haifa.il.ibm.com/ilsl/SIMPLE_message_computation-03.xls

Comments/corrections are welcome.

Thanks
--Avshalom
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 08:26:02 -0600

You got to this before I could.

---

From: Joe Hildebrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 11:04:57 -0700

I assume "other protocol" here is XMPP?

150 is large for a "subscribe"... I assume you mean this:

<presence to=[email-masked]' from=[email-masked]' type='probe'/>

These are more likely to be 100 bytes or less.  But that's a quibble,  
since it only happens on startup.

As I said earlier, the average presence document of size 3000 is  
invalid, both in standards-world and in practice.  If you want this to  
be accurate, you should perform the same sorts of analysis as on the  
"Notify and Partial Opt" page.

There is no termination in XMPP, so all of the Txx lines should be 0,  
I think.

-- 
Joe Hildebrand