Subject: [Simple] MSRP tcp port binding question

From: "neo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 14:31:05 +0900

Hi, everyone.
 
I have a question for MSRP port binding.
 
"Must MSRP client bind its MSRP URI port?"
 
If then, it seems to be a problem in MSRP relay.
MSRP relay must act as both server and client.
In section [RFC 4976. 3. Protocol overview],
MSRP relay server 'a.example.org' uses MSRP URI
'msrps://a.example.org:9000/kjfjan;tcp'
When MSRP relay server 'a.example.org' trys do make a slow link after
receiving a SEND request from Alice.
But the 'a.example.org' relay server already uses a port 9000 as server
port for Alice.
How it can use the port 9000 as client port for MSRP relay server
'b.example.net' if client must bind 
its client port?
 
Thanks.
 
Please refer below flow and message.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------
Alice              a.example.org       b.example.net             Bob
     |                     |                    |                     |
     |::::::::::::::::::::>| connection opened  |<::::::::::::::::::::|
     |--- AUTH ----------->|                    |<-- AUTH ------------|
     |<-- 200 OK-----------|                    |--- 200 OK---------->|
     |                     |                    |                     |
           ....                time passes           ....
     |                     |                    |                     |
     |--- SEND ----------->|                    |                     |
     |<-- 200 OK ----------|:::::::::::::::::::>|  (slow link)        |
     |                     |--- SEND ---------->|                     |
     |                     |<-- 200 OK ---------|--- SEND ----------->|
     |                     |                    |                ....>|
     |                     |                    |                  ..>|
     |                     |                    |<-- 200 OK ----------|
     |                     |                    |<-- REPORT ----------|
     |                     |<-- REPORT ---------|                     |
     |<-- REPORT ----------|                    |                     |
     |                     |                    |                     |
 
MSRP 6aef SEND
    To-Path: msrps://a.example.org:9000/kjfjan;tcp \
             msrps://b.example.net:9000/aeiug;tcp \
             msrps://bob.example.net:8145/foo;tcp
    From-Path: msrps://alice.example.org:7965/bar;tcp
    Success-Report: yes
    Byte-Range: 1-*/*
    Message-ID: 87652
    Content-Type: text/plain
 
    Hi Bob, I'm about to send you file.mpeg
    -------6aef$
------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple