Subject: [Simple] New draft on music, video, game, web status

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:15:24 -0500

I just submitted

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schulzrinne-simple-ami-00.txt

It's a blatant rip-off of the functionality found in XMPP, for  
indicating the music, video and games that the presentity is enjoying  
(one hopes) and the web pages he or she is browsing, with a few minor  
extensions. Given Twitter and Facebook, there's clearly a demonstrated  
need for this type of functionality. Almost all modern IM clients,  
such as AIM and iChat, support at least the what-am-I-listening-to  
functionality.

The draft was motivated by earlier work, draft-zhao-simple-aipid-00,  
and replaces it.

Before I fill in items such as the schema and examples, I'd appreciate  
comments on whether this is perceived to be on the right track.

Henning

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple