Subject: [Simple] IM URI to SIP URI

From: "Noble Antony T" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 19:50:31 +0530

Hi,

   I need some clarifications about the conversion of IM URI to SIP URI.

According to RCF3861

3. Address Resolution <http://rfc.net/rfc3861.html#s3.>

   The symbolic name used in the Service field of the SRV record is
   "_im" for instant messaging... However, the advertisement of these
   services in the DNS is incomplete if it does not include the protocol
   that will be used to instantiate the instant messaging or presence
   operations...

... the Protocol field of the SRV record contains an
   IANA-registered label corresponding to the underlying instant
   messaging or presence protocol being advertised.

I need to send a MESSAGE with a request URI
        im:[email-masked]
and it is to be resolved into corresponding SIP URI.

what should I query to get the corresponding SIP URI..?

example is given...
        _im._bip.example.com

Thanks..
-- 
Noble Antony Thattil,

        Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that
counts can be counted. (Albert Einstein)
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple