Subject: Fw: [Simple] I-D Action:draft-ietf-simple-interdomain-scaling-analysis-03.txt

From: Avshalom Houri <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 12:22:50 +0200

Changes in version 03

   o  Added some input from real life deployments and input on a test
      with batched notifies.
   o  Added Calculations of messages and bytes per user.
   o  Calculations are now done both for minimal size of presence
      document and for an average size of rich presence document.
   o  Comparison with other protocol is now done using small, tiny and
      rich presence document sizes.
   o  Removed dialog optimization with partial notification since it is
      not relevant
   o  Fixed a few issues in calculations that were found by Victoria
      Beltran-Martinez.
      *  Added overhead for RLMI for dialog optimizations (list
         subscription).  This calculation fix actually shows that dialog
         optimization is not a real optimization from the point of view
         of bytes and number of messages.
      *  When NOTIFY optimizations are applied no need for final NOTIFY
      *  The usage of RLS between domains was clarified.
   o  Significantly enhanced the conclusions section
   o  Several typo fixes

Thanks
--Avshalom

----- Forwarded by Avshalom Houri/Haifa/IBM on 18/11/2007 12:22 -----

[email-masked] 
18/11/2007 11:40

To
[email-masked]
cc
[email-masked]
Subject
[Simple] I-D Action:draft-ietf-simple-interdomain-scaling-analysis-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence 
Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

                 Title           : Presence Interdomain Scaling Analysis 
for SIP/SIMPLE
                 Author(s)       : A. Houri, et al.
                 Filename        : 
draft-ietf-simple-interdomain-scaling-analysis-03.txt
                 Pages           : 59
                 Date            : 2007-11-18

The document analyzes the traffic that is generated due to presence
subscriptions between domains.  It is shown that the amount of
traffic can be extremely big.  In addition to the very large traffic
the document also analyzes the affects of a large presence system on
the memory footprint and the CPU load.  Current approved and in work
optimizations to the SIMPLE protocol are analyzed with the possible
impact on the load.  Separate documents contain the requirements for
optimizations and suggestions for new optimizations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-interdomain-scaling-analysis-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
                 "get 
draft-ietf-simple-interdomain-scaling-analysis-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
                 [email-masked].
In the body type:
                 "FILE 
/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-interdomain-scaling-analysis-03.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
                 MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use 
this
                 feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the 
"FILE"
                 command.  To decode the response(s), you will need 
"munpack" or
                 a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant 
mail readers
                 exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
                 "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been 
split
                 up into multiple messages), so check your local 
documentation on
                 how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
ftp://[email-masked]/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-interdomain-scaling-analysis-03.txt
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple