Subject: [Simple] Internet Draft on intra-domain presence federation

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 19:14:26 -0500

I wanted to call attention to the following draft that I recently submitted:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-simple-intradomain-federation-00.txt

This draft talks about the various models for federating presence within 
a domain, how routing, policy, identity, and presence composition work 
for each, and what the various pros and cons of the different models are.

Comments welcome.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Avshalom Houri <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:51:37 +0200

I think that the draft addresses a very important topic that is being
seen in presence deployments today since in reality an enterprise or
a service provider will use presence servers from multiple vendors.

Another not less important aspect is that scaling presence to very large
scale will need some kind of peering between presence servers since a 
single
server or a cluster to that affect is inherently limited in the number of
users that it can support.

Hope that we will find time to discuss this in Vancouver.

Thanks
--Avshalom

Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]> 
12/11/2007 02:14

To
Simple WG <[email-masked]>
cc

Subject
[Simple] Internet Draft on intra-domain presence federation

I wanted to call attention to the following draft that I recently 
submitted:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-simple-intradomain-federation-00.txt

Comments welcome.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.