Subject: [Simple] I-D Action:draft-ietf-simple-imdn-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 18:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Instant Message Disposition Notification
	Author(s)       : E. Burger, H. Khartabil
	Filename        : draft-ietf-simple-imdn-05.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2007-12-29

Instant Messaging (IM) refers to the transfer of messages between
users in real-time.  This document provides a mechanism whereby
endpoints can request Instant Message Disposition Notifications
(IMDN), including delivery, processing and read notifications, for
page-mode instant messages.

The Common Profile for Instant Messaging (CPIM) data format specified
in RFC 3862 is extended with new header fields that enable endpoints
to request IMDNs.  A new message format is also defined to convey
IMDNs.

This document also describes how SIP entities behave using this
extension.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-imdn-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-simple-imdn-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-imdn-05.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple