Subject: [Simple] RFC 5025 on Presence Authorization Rules

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 17:02:59 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5025

        Title:      Presence Authorization Rules 
        Author:     J. Rosenberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       December 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 65880
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-simple-presence-rules-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5025.txt

Authorization is a key function in presence systems.  Authorization
policies, also known as authorization rules, specify what presence
information can be given to which watchers, and when.  This
specification defines an Extensible Markup Language (XML) document
format for expressing presence authorization rules.  Such a document
can be manipulated by clients using the XML Configuration Access
Protocol (XCAP), although other techniques are permitted.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence 
Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple