Subject: [Simple] RFC 5378 (IPR Rights Policy) and RFC 3265

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 18:08:19 -0600

I'm not an IPR lawyer, so I don't pretend to understand the various 
issues surrounding the RFC 5378 brouhaha. However, it has been brought 
to my attention that my position as author of RFC 3265 may necessitate 
some action on my part, since it contains text intended to be 
incorporated into other documents (section 4.4 and its subsections).

To remove ambiguity, I am using this email to make a public statement 
regarding any rights I may have in RFC 3265 as they relate to the IETF's 
intellectual property policies:

    As the author of RFC 3265, I hereby grant all Necessary Rights in
    that document that I may legally grant to the IETF Trust. For the
    purpose of this statement, the term "Necessary Rights" is defined as
    the rights enumerated in section 5.3 of RFC 5378.

In the interest of full disclosure: I developed RFC 3265 as an employee 
of Ericsson Inc. and, later, dynamicsoft, Inc. Subsequently, Cisco 
Systems, Inc. acquired all or substantially all of dynamicsoft's assets. 
I cannot speak on behalf of either organization regarding their position 
on what rights, if any, they believe they retain in RFC 3265.

/Adam Roach
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple