Subject: [Simple] Inter- operation between ALG's and MSRP relays

From: "Achint Aggarwal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 19:13:47 +0530

Hi,

Are the ALG's which support the sess-match draft
(draft-ietf-simple-msrp-sessmatch-10) able to interoperate with MSRP
relays which are compliant with rfc 4976???

Regards

Achint Aggarwal

x-2951

---

From: Saúl Ibarra Corretgé <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 08:13:37 +0000

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 1:43 PM, Achint Aggarwal
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>
>
> Are the ALG’s which support the sess-match draft
> (draft-ietf-simple-msrp-sessmatch-10) able to interoperate with MSRP relays
> which are compliant with rfc 4976???
>

If your ALG is not acting as a MSRP B2BUA and its modifying the path
attribute the MSRP session will fail:

"The sessmatch extension allows the usage of ALGs that do
   not implement MSRP B2BUA functionality in MSRP communications, unless
   TLS with name based authentication is used, and unless MSRP relays
   are used.  In such cases ALGs need to implement MSRP B2BUA
   functionality, to prevent the MSRP communication from failing."

In your case, as relays are being used, your ALG would need to be a MSRP B2BUA.

Regards,

-- 
/Saúl
http://saghul.net | http://sipdoc.net