Subject: [Simple] are you aware of any documentation to implement MMS using MSRP?

From: gonther rik <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 22:40:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Group,
could you please guide me to an rfc or some documentation mentioning how to implement MMS using MSRP

Thanks & Regards
-Rik

---

From: Saúl Ibarra Corretgé <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 09:19:07 +0200

> could you please guide me to an rfc or some documentation mentioning how to implement MMS using MSRP

I'm not aware of a standard of that kind. You can use MSRP to send text/html content type, which may suit your needs.

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 07:54:22 -0500

I am not aware of any such document from the IETF. You might take a look at the OMA CPM or GSMA RCS specs to see if they have anything that meets your needs.

On Aug 29, 2011, at 12:40 AM, gonther rik wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Simple mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: "Rohnert, Hans (NSN - DE/Munich)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 01:43:16 +0200

OMA CPM and GSMA RCS do not do exactly "implement MMS using MSRP".
Rather the following:

GSMA RCS uses MMS as is for messaging needs (however, there are multiple
GSMA RCS versions differing in their respective messaging capabilities
and means, and you would need to take a closer look here before making
generic statements about GSMA RCS). 

OMA CPM is its own messaging enabler, leveraging on different IETF
facilities (e.g. SIP MESSAGE and MSRP) for constructing and sending "CPM
messages". Also, CPM defines an interworking between CPM messages and
MMS messages. There, it is described how one kind of message can be
translated into the other.

Hope this helps,

Hans Rohnert

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of ext Ben Campbell
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2011 5:54 AM
To: gonther rik
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Simple] are you aware of any documentation to implement
MMSusing MSRP?

I am not aware of any such document from the IETF. You might take a look
at the OMA CPM or GSMA RCS specs to see if they have anything that meets
your needs.

Hello Group,

could you please guide me to an rfc or some documentation mentioning how
to implement MMS using MSRP

Thanks & Regards

-Rik