Subject: Re: [Simple] are you aware of any documentation to implement MMSusing MSRP?

From: "Rohnert, Hans (NSN - DE/Munich)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 15:13:44 +0200

Prasun,

you may find the CPM specifications at

http://www.openmobilealliance.org/Technical/release_program/cpm_v1_0.asp
x 

Your below scenario may be solved in different ways. It is so special
that standards will not help you much here. The closest to this CPM is
offering is CPM-to-MMS interworking, see the interworking spec at below
link. However, CPM-to-MMS interworking is targeted to scenarios where A
user sends a CPM message to a CPM server (and this can be based on MSRP
for large messages), CPM server forwards to interworking entity,
interworking entity translates CPM message to MMS message, interworking
entity forwards to MMS server, MMS server forwards to B user being on
MMS service.  

Regards,

Hans

From: ext prasun bheri [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2011 12:00 PM
To: Rohnert, Hans (NSN - DE/Munich)
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Simple] are you aware of any documentation to implement
MMSusing MSRP?

Hello Hans and group,

i have tried searching CPM specs but haven't found anything close
enough, 

may be i am looking in the wrong direction altogether. so ill explain
the exact scenario and 

perhaps you guys can guide me towards the right direction. 

my task at hand is to deliver mms payload to mmsc (gateway) using msrp
protocol. 

mms architecture defines mm1 interface protocol to transfer mms from
user agent to 

mmsc gateway so i am guessing that some where with in or in parallel to
mm1 protocol 

i have to use msrp to transfer mms payload to gateway. 

i am not finding any supporting document that speaks about transferring
mms to mmsc

gateway using msrp. what is it that i am missing? 

any help is greatly appreciated. 

thanks & regards

-prasun 

 

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 5:13 AM, Rohnert, Hans (NSN - DE/Munich)
<[email-masked]> wrote:

OMA CPM and GSMA RCS do not do exactly "implement MMS using MSRP".
Rather the following:

GSMA RCS uses MMS as is for messaging needs (however, there are multiple
GSMA RCS versions differing in their respective messaging capabilities
and means, and you would need to take a closer look here before making
generic statements about GSMA RCS). 

OMA CPM is its own messaging enabler, leveraging on different IETF
facilities (e.g. SIP MESSAGE and MSRP) for constructing and sending "CPM
messages". Also, CPM defines an interworking between CPM messages and
MMS messages. There, it is described how one kind of message can be
translated into the other.

Hope this helps,

Hans Rohnert

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of ext Ben Campbell
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2011 5:54 AM
To: gonther rik
Cc: [email-masked]

Subject: Re: [Simple] are you aware of any documentation to implement
MMSusing MSRP?

I am not aware of any such document from the IETF. You might take a look
at the OMA CPM or GSMA RCS specs to see if they have anything that meets
your needs.

On Aug 29, 2011, at 12:40 AM, gonther rik wrote:

Hello Group,

could you please guide me to an rfc or some documentation mentioning how
to implement MMS using MSRP

Thanks & Regards

-Rik

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple