Subject: Re: [Simple] draft-ietf-simple-chat-10

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 18:58:33 -0400

Somehow I missed the WGLC of draft-ietf-simple-chat-10 until I came 
across the post-WGLC review request sent to MMUSIC. As I was looking 
through it I came across a possible issue that isn't related to SDP 
usage. Maybe its too late to do anything about it, and maybe nothing 
needs to be done about it, but I'll mention it anyway:

Section 7, in multiple places, requires that nicknames be unambiguous. 
The most specific is:

    The reservation of a nickname can fail, e.g. if the NICKNAME request
    contains a malformed or non-existent Use-Nickname header field, or if
    the same nickname has already been reserved by another participant in
    the conference.

Elsewhere in the document the possibility is raised that the same user 
may connect to the chat from multiple devices, and that private messages 
addressed to the user would then be delivered to all those devices.

So, in such a case, can each of the devices request the same nickname? 
Or must they each request a distinct nickname? It seems like it would be 
desirable to permit them all to use the same nickname. Its unclear to me 
whether the draft intends to permit this.

	Sorry to be so tardy,
	Paul