Subject: [Simple] Last Call: <draft-ietf-simple-msrp-cema-03.txt> (Connection Establishment for Media Anchoring (CEMA) for the Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 07:03:45 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the SIP for Instant Messaging and
Presence Leveraging Extensions WG (simple) to consider the following
document:
- 'Connection Establishment for Media Anchoring (CEMA) for the Message
   Session Relay Protocol (MSRP)'
  <draft-ietf-simple-msrp-cema-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-11-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP)
   extension, Connection Establishment for Media Anchoring (CEMA).
   Support of the extension is optional.  The extension allows
   middleboxes to anchor the MSRP connection, without the need for
   middleboxes to modify the MSRP messages, and thus also enables a
   secure end-to-end MSRP communication in networks where such
   middleboxes are deployed.  The document also defines a Session
   Description Protocol (SDP) attribute, 'msrp-cema', that MSRP
   endpoints use to indicate support of the CEMA extension.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-simple-msrp-cema/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-simple-msrp-cema/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.