Subject: [Simple] Last Call: <draft-ietf-simple-simple-08.txt> (SIMPLE made Simple: An Overview of the IETF Specifications for Instant Messaging and Presence using the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 14:04:50 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the SIP for Instant Messaging and
Presence Leveraging Extensions WG (simple) to consider the following
document:
- 'SIMPLE made Simple: An Overview of the IETF Specifications for Instant
   Messaging and Presence using the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)'
  <draft-ietf-simple-simple-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-02-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The IETF has produced many specifications related to Presence and
   Instant Messaging with the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).
   Collectively, these specifications are known as SIMPLE - SIP for
   Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions.  This document
   serves as a guide to the SIMPLE suite of specifications.  It breaks
   them up into categories and explains what each is for and how they
   relate to each other.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-simple-simple/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-simple-simple/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.