Subject: [Simple] Fwd: [Stox] STOX WG officially approved - charter and work plan

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:10:47 -0600

FYI. Please join the [email-masked] list to participate:

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/stox

Peter

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Stox] STOX WG officially approved - charter and work plan
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 09:57:28 +0000
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked]

Hi all,

The SIP-to-XMPP (STOX) WG has now been officially approved by the IESG.
Our charter can be found at
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/stox/charter/>. Myself
([email-masked]) and Yana Stamcheva ([email-masked]) will act
as co-chairs.

The plan outlined in the charter is that this will be a focused and
relatively straight-forward effort that we aim to finish in just a few
months. The charter has these milestones:

Jun 2013  Accept starting-point mapping specifications as WG items
Aug 2013  Start Working Group Last Call on mapping specifications
Oct 2013  Submit mapping specifications to the IESG

Yana and I have additionally outlined a bit more detailed plan:

- June: One week consensus call on adopting the current drafts as WG items.
- Latest by July 8: Submit current drafts as -00 WG drafts.
- July: Ask people to comment and raise open issues about the drafts,
ask co-authors to prepare presentations about open issues for IETF 87.
Start recruiting reviewers and if needed, co-authors.
- IETF 87: Meet  for 1 hour. Discuss open issues. Agree on the deadline
for reviews and WG last call on the documents. Decide if all documents
can proceed in the same timeline, or whether some phasing will be needed.
- By end of August: Start the official WG last call.
- September - October: Process last call comments and finalize the
documents for the IESG review.
- IETF 88: Meet if there is interest and energy to discuss about
rechartering, i.e. adding new WG items.

Let us know if you have any feedback to this.

I will next send a few mails to the list about specific topics such as
our first milestone, i.e. the acceptance of the current drafts as WG items.

Markus

_______________________________________________
stox mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/stox