Subject: [sip-overload] soc-overload-control-07 released

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 14:42:05 -0600

Folks: I have released draft-ietf-soc-overload-control-07 [1].
All of the changes are those that we agreed on the mailing list between
Jan-04-2012 to Jan-16-2012.

There are a couple of changes that I want to bring to the WG's
attention that was not discussed on the mailing list, but I
did receive private feedback on these.

One, the paragraph added in -07 right before S4.4 is new and
provides some more guidance on interpreting the overload
control parameters.

Two, please see the new text that appears in S5.6.  The old S5.6 was
an early holdover that took the line that made it hard to understand
whether or not overload control parameters can be forwarded.  It
essentially said that this was not recommended but then went on
to provide some guidance on how to do this.

The new S5.6 just says don't do it.

I made this change in reference to a private comment I received on
the draft that lead me to believe that a neophyte user that does
not have the context of hop-by-hop can easily assume that a proxy
may forward the overload control parameters received from the
upstream client.

Anyway, do look at the new text in S5.6 and holler if you have
any questions or concerns.

The diff is available at [2].

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-soc-overload-control-07
[2] 
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-soc-overload-control-07.txt

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)
Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / [email-masked]
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/