Subject: [sip-overload] Regarding prioritization of sip requests/ responses.

From: kiran kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 18:59:08 +0530

Hi Folks,

I am new to this working group mailing chain.
Apologizes if these are already discussed in this group.

1) Why prioritization, for processing of sip requests, is completely left
to local implementation, why don't we specify a Recommonded priorityzation
for this. ( only few suggestions were given in
draft-ietf-soc-overload-control-09 section 5.10.1).

2)  SOC WG is considering "oc"only for time based validity. Why don't we
suggest an alternative like number of requests based validity for "oc" in
addition to the time based approach with some identification parameter.
(IMO timers uses system calls and so are more overhead (may be little but
considerable in overloaded scenarios) than the local library counters).

3) I didn't read the draft-ietf-soc-overload-control-09 line by line but I
can suggest a negligible correction (to modify in the next version) in
section 5.3
         "Note that this stipulation is required so that both the and server
          have an common view of which messages to include in the
          calculation of the feedback."

            In this the corrections I specify is "bothe the client and
server have a common" -- client is missing there ...

Thanks,
Kiran.