Subject: [sip-overload] I-D Action: draft-ietf-soc-overload-control-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 10:34:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the SIP Overload Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Overload Control
	Author(s)       : Vijay K. Gurbani
                          Volker Hilt
                          Henning Schulzrinne
	Filename        : draft-ietf-soc-overload-control-10.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   Overload occurs in Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) networks when
   SIP servers have insufficient resources to handle all SIP messages
   they receive.  Even though the SIP protocol provides a limited
   overload control mechanism through its 503 (Service Unavailable)
   response code, SIP servers are still vulnerable to overload.  This
   document defines the behaviour of SIP servers involved in overload
   control, and in addition, it specifies a loss-based overload scheme
   for SIP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-soc-overload-control

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-soc-overload-control-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-soc-overload-control-10

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/