Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-campbell-sip-service-control-00.txt

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 09:42:22 -0600

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Control of Service Context using SIP Request-URI
	Author(s)	: B. Campbell, R. Sparks
	Filename	: draft-campbell-sip-service-control-00.txt
	Pages		: 40
	Date		: 19-Jan-00

In a conventional telephony environment, extended service
applications often use call state information, such as calling party,
called party, reason for forward, etc, to infer application context.
In a SIP/2.0 call, much of this information may be either non-
existent or unreliable. This draft proposes a mechanism to
communicate context information to an application.  Under this
proposal, a client or proxy can communicate context through the use
of a distinctive Request-URI. This draft continues with examples of
how this mechanism could be used in a voice mail application.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-campbell-sip-service-control-00.tx
t

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-campbell-sip-service-control-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-campbell-sip-service-control-00.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.