Subject: SIP phone to PSTN phone

From: "Liberati, Ernest" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 08:36:53 -0800

Re: SIP phone call to PSTN phone via Proxy Server (with location services),
MGC, STP, and circuit switch.

What is the domain value of the SIP URL in the FROM and TO headers, if:
	The SIP phone client registers with the Proxy Server?
	The SIP phone client is not registered with a Proxy Server?

Ernest Liberati
General Dynamics

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 13:34:32 -0500

>         The SIP phone client is not registered with a Proxy Server?

The From field is the name of the user making the call. If that user,
for example, is a customer of Worldcom, it might be:

From: sip:[email-masked]

This name must usually be configured into the client application on a
SIP phone, just like it is for email.

In the To field, there is going to be a phone number. There is currently
debate about whether a sip URL or tel URL is there, so:

To: tel:5551212

or:

To: sip:[email-masked]

remains to be decided.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       200 Executive Drive
Chief Scientist                             Suite 120 
dynamicsoft                                 West Orange, NJ 07052
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com