Subject: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-info-method-01.txt]

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 16:06:44 -0500

Folks,

I am now issuing a working group last call for the INFO method
extension. This last call period starts today, and ends two weeks hence,
February 3. If no comments are received by then, this draft will be
submitted to IESG for publication as proposed standard.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       200 Executive Drive
Chief Scientist                             Suite 120 
dynamicsoft                                 West Orange, NJ 07052
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-info-method-01.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce:;
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 06:59:11 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The SIP INFO Method
	Author(s)	: S. Donovan
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-info-method-01.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 19-Jan-00
	
This document proposes an extension to the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP).  This extension adds the INFO method to the SIP
protocol.  The intent of the INFO method is to allow for the carrying
of session related control information that is generated during a
session.  One example of such session control information is ISUP and
ISDN signaling messages used to control telephony call services.
This and other example uses of the INFO method may be standardized in
the future.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-info-method-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sip-info-method-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-info-method-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 09:06:14 -0600

Hermant,

Thanks for your comments on the draft.

The examples given in the draft assume ANSI ISUP, which does not have a CON
message.  You are correct - for non-ANSI ISUP implementations, the CON would be
sent instead of a ANM if no ACM had been sent.

Refer to Section 7.3 and 9. of draft-camarillo-mmusic-sip-isup-bcp-00.txt "Best
Current Practice for ISUP to SIP mapping" by Gonzalo Camarillo, which is the
standard for SIP to ISUP mapping.

Alan Johnston
MCI WorldCom
+1-314-342-7360

HEMANT AGRAWAL wrote:
> 
>  Hi ,
>          I have some queries/comments  on "draft-
> johnston-sip-call-flows-00"
> 
>   In the scenario 5.1.2, Successful PSTN to SIP call, Fast Answer
>    After receiving 200 OK ( f6), GW1 is sending ANM (f9) to user A without
> sending ACM
>    I suppose it should send CON (connect) if it has not sent ACM prior.
>    After sending IAM the ISUP sdl in USER_A will be in wait_for_ACM
> state(Ref. ITU Q.764)
>    so it will not expect ANM to come, however CON can come as setup
> response.
> 
> Please correct me if I am wrong
> 
> Thanks!
> Hemant

---

From: "HEMANT AGRAWAL" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 14:52:10 +0530

Hi ,

Thanks!
Hemant