Subject: Content-Length header and Multipart MIME

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 15:36:18 +0530

Hi
     When a SIP message carries a multipart MIME payload, what does the
Content-Length header in the SIP message signify ? Does it contain the
overall length of the payload ? Though it seems logical that it should, I
came across illustrative example messages in the BCP-T draft
(draft-zimmerer-mmusic-sip-bcp-t-00, section 2.2.1) where the
Content-Length header values couldnt be related to the payload length.

Binu

---

From: Igor Slepchin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 12:46:59 -0500

[email-masked] wrote:
> overall length of the payload ? Though it seems logical that it should

I believe that's correct. Content-Length has a uniform meaning
regardless of the type of the payload, namely, the total length of that
payload. The example you quote seem to have a totally random value of
Content-Length. BTW, there is another problem in that example: the SIP
message shown contains two Content-Type fields.

> <...>

---
Igor Slepchin