Subject: Call services

From: Itamar Gilad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 10:55:32 +0200

Am I right in assuming that draf-ietf-mmusic-sip-cc-01.txt ('SIP Call
Control Services") and draft-sparks-sip-service-examples-00.txt ("SIP
Telephony Service Examples With Call Flows") are the only authoritative
documents describing call services in SIP?  Any others?
 
Thanks
 
   Itamar Gilad

---

From: Henry Sinnreich <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 08:28:53 -0600

See also johnston-sip-call flows. A pdf. version is available at
http://www.greycouncil.com/sip/drafts/draft-johnston-sip-call-flows-00.pdf

There is also a draft on multi-proxy authorization at

 http://www.greycouncil.com/sip/drafts/

Henry
  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Itamar Gilad
  Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2000 2:56 AM
  To: 'SIP List'
  Subject: Call services

  Thanks

     Itamar Gilad

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 00:24:39 -0500

Many services are possible without having to explicitly define how they
are done. A classic example is call screening. There are many varieties
of this serivice (caller based, time of day based, priority based), all
of which are possible in SIP, but none of which I think are described in
the documents you mention. It only requires the server to reject the
call based on some logic. 

-Jonathan R.

> Itamar Gilad wrote:
> Telephony Service Examples With Call Flows") are the only
> authoritative documents describing call services in SIP?  Any others?
> 
> Thanks
> 
>    Itamar Gilad
> 

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       200 Executive Drive
Chief Scientist                             Suite 120 
dynamicsoft                                 West Orange, NJ 07052
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com