Subject: Question about WWW-Authenticate and Authorization Headers

From: LeFloch Yannick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 15:05:47 +0100

Hi All,

  I have some difficulties understanding some parts of the SIP grammar
definitions.
Could Someone help me about WWW-Authenticate and Authorization Header fields
?

  My problem is the differences between RFC2543 ans Henning Schulzrinne SIP
grammar WebPage definitions of both headers. 
Which version should I use ?

  In the Henning Html SIP grammar description, I never seen pgp-challenge
field in a right part of any rule. I have deduce that
auth-params and pgp-params are equivalent.

Are auth-param = token "=" string and pgp-algorithm = "algorithm" "=" (
"md5" | "sha1" |token ) definitions similar ? ( is pgp-algorithm a
auth-params ?) 

Best Regards,

Yannick LE FLOC'H

SIEMENS Réseaux Informatique et Télécommunications (SRIT)
phone: +33 (0) 2 96 48 74 82
mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 09:50:55 -0500

rfc2543 is always authoritative.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       200 Executive Drive
Chief Scientist                             Suite 120 
dynamicsoft                                 West Orange, NJ 07052
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com