Subject: Moving SIP WG forward

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 00:48:00 -0500

Folks,

As many of you have noticed, SIP is becoming a very big and very active
working group. To manage this, the chairs are beginning to delegate
subtasks to specific design teams and task forces. These teams will have
leaders who are responsible for moving the work forward, reporting
progress to the group at large, and managing their teams. You have seen
some of this already with the home phone line emulation work. From this
point forward, we will not proceed with new work unless a team is
identified to work on it, and such a team not being overly committed to
other SIP design teams. The ways in which these teams will work will
vary from team to team. Expect to see announcements about them as they
solidify.

The first team I'd like to announce is the SIP Security Task Force. This
group is tasked with evaluating the SIP security model, so that it can
clarified and strengthened in the next version. Of particular importance
is a formal review of threats and an explicit description of a security
model. The team will produce an I-D to be reviewed by the group for
inclusion in the next RFC. If you have very strong security knowledge
and very good knowledge of SIP, and want to participate, please contact
me for more information.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       200 Executive Drive
Chief Scientist                             Suite 120 
dynamicsoft                                 West Orange, NJ 07052
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com