Subject: Current status of DCS

From: Wing Man Kwok <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 13:48:38 -0500

Hi all,

I would like to ask what is the current status of DCS?  

I heard from one of my colleagues that the 2 stage call setup as proposed in
the earlier DCS draft is being modified to a one stage call setup.  Is this
true?  

Any pointer to an updated version of DCS draft or related documents is
greatly appreciated.  

Thanks.

Wing Man Kwok

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 01:49:37 -0500

> the earlier DCS draft is being modified to a one stage call setup.  Is this

There was some discussion amongst the authors of the two alternative
drafts, and a very tentative compromise was reached that uses a single
INVITE, but makes use of provisional response reliability to add the
additional round trip needed for DCS.  Some additional work remained to
ensure this was compatible with normal SIP and DQoS.

> Any pointer to an updated version of DCS draft or related documents is

Try searching the I-D archive for "DCS" which will turn up the ones
presented at the interim meeting in November. Those are the most recent.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       200 Executive Drive
Chief Scientist                             Suite 120 
dynamicsoft                                 West Orange, NJ 07052
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com