Subject: Contact header grammar

From: Hemon Philippe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 16:54:48 +0100

Hi all,

I've a problem with the Contact header in the BNF grammar. What does <"
means in contact params ?

contact-params  = "q" "=" qvalue| "action" "=" "proxy" | "redirect" |
"expires" "=" delta-seconds | <" SIP-date <" |  extension-attribute 

Does it correspond to "<"?
Thanks.

Philippe

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 11:38:35 -0500

What document are you looking at? Copying from rfc2543:

> Contact = ( "Contact" | "m" ) ":" 
>              ("*" | (1# (( name-addr | addr-spec )
>              [ *( ";" contact-params ) ] [ comment ] )))
> 
>    name-addr      = [ display-name ] "<" addr-spec ">"
>    addr-spec      = SIP-URL | URI
>    display-name   = *token | quoted-string
> 
>    contact-params = "q"       "=" qvalue
>                   | "action"  "=" "proxy" | "redirect"
>                   | "expires" "=" delta-seconds | <"> SIP-date <">
>                   | extension-attribute
> 
>    extension-attribute = extension-name [ "=" extension-value ]
> 

<"> means the quote character itself:

Contact: sip:[email-masked]; expires="Mon, 01 Jan 9999 00:00:00
GMT"

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       200 Executive Drive
Chief Scientist                             Suite 120 
dynamicsoft                                 West Orange, NJ 07052
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com