Subject: New public SIP server

From: Rabbe Fogelholm <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 16:58:52 +0100

This message is to announce a "new" public SIP server (actually it is a
reincarnation of the Ellemtel SIP server that used to be running at
sip.pcs.ellemtel.net:5060 in 1999). Apologies if you receive this
message in duplicate.

Henning, here are data for your SIP server page
(http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/sip/servers.html):

Organization:
  Ericsson (http://www.ericsson.se)

SIP URL:
  sip:[email-masked]

SRV records:
  iponax.com

Transport:
  UDP, TCP

Modes:
  redirect

Accept registrations from other domains?
  yes

Remarks:
  The sip:[email-masked] accepts INVITEs to VoIP sessions.
  It will play a voice announcement of about 30 s length.

Comments etc are welcome. Enjoy,

[email-masked]

---

From: Francois Menard List Account <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 16:27:40 -0500 (EST)

Does IPonAX means that Ericsson is playing with putting TCP/IP in an AXE ?

-=Francois=-

---

From: Rabbe Fogelholm <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 16:39:38 +0100

The story behind the domain name is that it was to be read "IP
Only Access". The domain was acquired for a different project,
and we have started using it mostly since it was there and
unused.

--Rabbe Fogelholm