Subject: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-nair-sip-dhcp-01.txt]

From: Gautam Nair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:45:30 -0500

A new version of the Internet-Draft - DHCP Option for SIP Servers - is
available.
The significant changes over the previous draft are:
The number of sub-options have been reduced to 2. 
The DNS A record sub-option has been removed since it was redundant.
The DNS SRV record has been effectively duplicated in the IP address
list sub-option.
Feedback and comments are appreciated.
Gautam Nair.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nair-sip-dhcp-01.txt
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 08:36:20 -0500
From: [email-masked] (by way of Ralph Droms
<[email-masked]>)
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: DHCPv4 discussion list <[email-masked]>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: DHCP Option for SIP Servers
	Author(s)	: G. Nair, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-nair-sip-dhcp-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 14-Feb-00
	
This document defines a DHCP option that contains one or more
pointers to one or more SIP servers . This enables a SIP client to
obtain the addresses of the SIP servers during bootup.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nair-sip-dhcp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nair-sip-dhcp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nair-sip-dhcp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nair-sip-dhcp-01.txt

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nair-sip-dhcp-01.txt>