Subject: Question about REGISTER

From: "Christian Jansson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 16:51:43 +0100

>From 4.2.6:

All current registrations MUST share the same action value. Registrations
that have a different action than current registrations for the same user
MUST be rejected with status of 409 (Conflict).

1.What about a REGISTER request that does not have an action value:
    Does that match any of "redirect" or "proxy"?
    Is it then up to the server to chose the action, and indicate the choice
    in the response? Or is it the first REGISTER with an action that sets
    the rule (also for earlier REGISTERS that did not have an action value)?

2. Why do they have to share the same action at all?

3. A server that only supports one of the redirect/proxy behaviors receives
    a REGISTER with the unsupported action indicated. What does it do,
    send a 409 response?

--
Christian Jansson ([email-masked])
HotSip AB
phone:  +46 (0)8 555 10 704
mobile: +46 (0)70 558 1038