Subject: Question on BYE msgs traversing proxies.

From: Sunitha Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 17:56:41 -0800

Hi :

In this case, should the 200 OK response be generated locally by each
proxy, and then the BYE be forwarded.
Or, should the proxy in concern wait for the 200 OK from the far end,
and then propagate this on.

Thanks much!

--
Sunitha Kumar
Software Engineer
Vovida Networks
(408) 957 - 6374

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 23:53:12 -0500

The proxy waits for the 200 OK and then propagates that on. The response
to BYE (and any other request) may not be a 200 OK. The request needs to
go to the UAS where it can be answered correctly.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       200 Executive Drive
Chief Scientist                             Suite 120 
dynamicsoft                                 West Orange, NJ 07052
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com