Subject: DHCP

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 01:45:02 -0500

Folks,

There has been some discussion in response to our proposal to fast track
a DHCP option for SIP. This discussion generally indicated that DHCP
would not be sufficient for autoconfiguration. We (the wg chairs) think
a DHCP option for finding a default proxy is a useful thing, even
if it is not a complete solution. We therefore propose to define the
DHCP
option, making it available for implementation, and carry on the dialog
on
managing SIP endpoints as a continuing thread.

As such, this message will serve as a working group last call on the
DHCP options document:
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nair-sip-dhcp-01.txt

We are trying to coordinate a parallel last call on the dhcp list, which
must review the document as well.

The working group last call will last three weeks. Please send comments
to the list or to the authors during this time.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       200 Executive Drive
Chief Scientist                             Suite 120 
dynamicsoft                                 West Orange, NJ 07052
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com