Subject: Re:

From: "Christian Jansson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 10:56:24 +0100

Read the section about the REGISTER request, or have a look at my
answers below.

>1. Could a Server send me an De-Register message if he want (e.g. if he
>wants to reboot)??

No.

>2. Could a Server change the "Expires"- Header field (and therefore
> change the Register- Time)??

Yes, if it is done while handeling a register request. "A server SHOULD NOT
use a higher lifetime than the one requested, but MAY use a lower one.
"As the server SOULD return the current list of registrations in the 200
response,
 the client can find out what Expire value the server chose.
If the question is, "Can the server change the Expires value _after_ the 200
response has been sent?", the answer is no.

>3. Did the Server send somthing as "Keep Alive" to the registerd
> UserAgent??(or did he make a "ping" to the IP or something else to
>determine that my UA is still active)

No.

>4. What happens if my UserAgent hangs up??

Depends on your implementation of "hang up". If you mean that the UserAgent
abruptly dies, the location server will not get any notification of that.

>5. Is there a generelly timout when the Server delets the
>register-entry   (e.g. after 48 hours) ??

If no Expires header or expires Contact parameter is present, one hour is
assumed
by the server.

>6. Did the server MUST send a "200 OK"- Response if the UserAgent send a
> De-register(REGISTER with Expires=0) ??

Yes.

>
>Please help me !!!
>If you know an interesting Paper about generelly Sever behavior, please
>tell it to me.
>
>
>Thanks for your effort
>
>Michael Teroerde
>

--
Christian Jansson ([email-masked])
HotSip AB
phone:  +46 (0)8 555 10 704
mobile: +46 (0)70 558 1038