Subject: Problems with SIP-REGISTER

From: Michael Terörde <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 14:50:08 +0100

Hello !!

I have searched your Email-list for Questions like mine, but there
wasn't
a posting which answerd all my questions.

I woul know something about the REGISTER- Request in the SIP-Language.

1. Could a Server send me an De-Register message if he want (e.g. if he
wants to reboot)??
2. Could a Server change the "Expires"- Header field (and therefore
 change the Register- Time)??
3. Did the Server send somthing as "Keep Alive" to the registerd
 UserAgent??(or did he make a "ping" to the IP or something else to
determine that my UA is still active)
4. What happens if my UserAgent hangs up??
5. Is there a generelly timout when the Server delets the
register-entry   (e.g. after 48 hours) ??
6. Did the server MUST send a "200 OK"- Response if the UserAgent send a
 De-register(REGISTER with Expires=0) ??

Please help me !!!
If you know an interesting Paper about generelly Sever behavior, please
tell it to me.

Thanks for your effort

Michael Teroerde

(instead of posting it on the List , you can also send it to my
NEC-Email-Adress)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Michael Teroerde
Student at NEC- Heidelberg
[email-masked]