Subject: From- Header

From: Michael Teroerde <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 11:50:51 +0100 (MET)

Hello !!

If I want to make an "third-party registration" could I write another
domain
in the From-header field as in the To- header ???

Example:
...
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
...

(In the RFC- Example are the domains equal)

If it is possible, is the OK- response send to [email-masked] or
[email-masked] or to both people?

If it is impossible, is there another way to register a user from another
Domain as where the UA is running (and get all Responses regarding the
registration, but no Message about the Call)?

Thank you !!

Michael Teroerde

(instead of posting it on the List , you can also send it to my
NEC-Email-Adress)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Michael Teroerde
Student at NEC- Heidelberg
[email-masked]

-- 
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 09:48:48 -0500

> in the From-header field as in the To- header ???

Absolutely. 

> [email-masked] or to both people?

Neither. Like all SIP requests, the response is sent to the address in
the Via header.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       200 Executive Drive
Chief Scientist                             Suite 120 
dynamicsoft                                 West Orange, NJ 07052
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com