Subject: Aurthorization & Proxy-Authorization URIs

From: Linden deCarmo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 14:53:22 -0500

The BNF for digest-uri defined by "HTTP Authentication: Basic and Digest
Access Authentication" for use in Aurthorization & Proxy-Authorization
headers is: 

digest-uri       = "uri" "=" digest-uri-value
digest-uri-value = request-uri   ; As specified by HTTP/1.1

RFC2543, updates this definition to be:

        2.   The BNF for digest-uri-value is:

digest-uri-value  =  Request-URI ; a defined in Section 4.3

Yet, all the sample call flows for the uri parameters for the Aurthorization
& Proxy-Authorization headers that I've seen (i.e. SIP Telephony Service
Examples With Call Flows)
enclose the uri parameter in quotes (i.e. a quoted string) just like the
HTTP docs:

uri="sip:xxx.yyyy.com"

Syntacically, I can't see how this is possible.  Am I wrong?  If so, could
someone point out the relevant section that explains how this is possible?

Thank you.

Linden deCarmo
Netspeak Corporation
902 Clint Moore Road
Suite 104
Boca Raton, FL 33487