Subject: [SIP] SIP Digest Authentication Clarification

From: Phil Hoffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 17:55:50 +0100

Hi,

rfc2617.txt HTTP Authentication : Basic & Digest Access Authentication, section 3.2.2.3,
refers to H(entity-body), when calculating A2 if the QOP value is "auth-int".

3.2.2.4 goes on to describe H(entity-body) as the hash of the entity body, not the
message body.....

rfc2543 doesn't appear to elaborate on this!

Can someone please describe or point me towards some information describing
what constitutes the entity-body of a SIP message?

An example would also be useful!

Thanks In Advance
Phil Hoffer

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Igor Slepchin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 12:03:12 -0400

"Message body" and "entity body" are synonymous in SIP. Here is a quote
from sec. 3 of the RFC2543 that uses the terms interchangeably:

Both Request (section 4) and Response (section 5) messages use the
   generic-message format of RFC 822 [24] for transferring entities (the
   body of the message). Both types of messages consist of a start-line,
   one or more header fields (also known as "headers"), an empty line
   (i.e., a line with nothing preceding the carriage-return line-feed
   (CRLF)) indicating the end of the header fields, and an optional
   message-body. To avoid confusion with similar-named headers in HTTP,
   we refer to the headers describing the message body as entity
   headers.

---
Igor Slepchin