Subject: [SIP] Re: Availability of RFC2543bis in ASCII

From: Rabbe Fogelholm <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 23:20:45 +0200

> Mark Wisdom wrote:
> > 
> > RFC2543bis is available in PDF and PostScript formats, i.e.:
> > 
> > But I can't find a plain ASCII version anywhere. If an ASCII version
> > exists, can someone please tell us where we can find it (some of you
> > have been referring to sip_2543bis_00.txt). If not, can one please be
> > made available. I like having an ASCII version for quick grep-style
> > scanning of information.
> 
> Since conversion of a document of that size takes some of (my) time, it
> will happen when it is submitted as an Internet draft in a week or two.
> Your patience is appreciated.
>
> Henning Schulzrinne   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs

I am quite pleased with the PDF version for its general readability.
However, there is one line in the PDF version of RFC2543bis which has me
confused. The definition of "hexpart" on page 18 goes `hexpart = hexseq
- hexseq ”::” [ hexseq ] - ”::” [ hexseq ]', although the hyphens are
actually elongated ones (octal code 227, outside the 7-bit ASCII
alphabet). Should there simply be vertical bars here?

--Rabbe Fogelholm, Ericsson Network Core Products

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 07:57:28 -0400

Rabbe Fogelholm wrote:

> - hexseq ?::? [ hexseq ] - ?::? [ hexseq ]', although the hyphens are

Yes; LaTeX error of omitting $'s...

--