Subject: [SIP] State-of-the art on SIP QOS and security

From: Giuseppe Ricagni <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 11:35:05 +0200

Hi,

I' ve heard lots of people and I' ve read many documents (including the
excellent draft presented by Henry in Adealaide)  about QOS in
SIP-signaled networks, as well as about security (encryption of
signalling messages, at least).

Nevertheless I' ve not been able to find any official SIP drafts
tackling these issues: can anyone bief me about the state-of-the-art in
these two areas ?

   * did I miss some relevant WG document
   * or is it an explicit desire by the WG not to restrict the number of
     QOS mechanisms that can be utilized by implementors
   * or is it just a matter of time and we will have something like an
     informational RCF with a taxonomy of possible QOS
     methods/suggestions on how the various policy-based mechanisms can
     be coupled with SIP?

What about security ?

Thank you very much,
and apologies in advance, should this issue have already been
exetensively discussed by the list
Giuseppe Ricagni