Subject: [SIP] Status of Also and Requested-By header fields

From: Francois-Xavier Guitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 15:43:53 +0200

All,

Some drafts like draft-ietf-sip-call-flows-00.txt (SIP Telephony Call
Flow Examples) and draft-mark-sip-dmcs-00.txt (Distributed Multipoint
Conferences using SIP) use the Also and Requested-By header fields to
allow conferencing features. But I did not find out where these fields
are specified. Even in the last RFC2543bis (April 2000) these fields are
not described.

Can someone tell me which document specifies these header fields ?

Regards,

Francois-Xavier Guitton
ALCATEL Corporate Research Center

mailto:[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 10:19:15 -0400

These fields were defined in the original call control draft:
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen/papers/draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-cc-01.txt

which has now expired. The group decided that the scope of this was too
large, and so has decided to attack the problem differently. Transfer is
split out, and is now described in:

http://www.softarmor.com/sipwg/drafts/draft-sparks-sip-cc-transfer-00.txt

a new draft on distributed multiparty conferencing is pending.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

---

From: Francois-Xavier Guitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:57:11 +0200

Thanks for the information. So can we consider Also and Requested-By header
fields MUST NOT be used for future SIP implementations ???
Do you know when the new distributed multiparty conferencing draft is
published ?

Regards,

Fxg./.

--
Francois-Xavier Guitton (SWD/UAA/GSA)
mailto:[email-masked]
Tel: +33 (0)1 69 63 47 52
Fax: +33 (0)1 69 63 17 89

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 02:22:12 -0400

These headers may or may not end up being used in the final drafts. For
TRANSFER, I think we are calling them something else. If they end up not
being used I guess you could reuse them for something else, but that
doesn't seem wise. I'm not sure if thats what you were suggesting.

As for timelines, I think it was summer sometime.

-Jonathan R.

Francois-Xavier Guitton wrote:
> 
> Thanks for the information. So can we consider Also and Requested-By
> header fields MUST NOT be used for future SIP implementations ???
> > http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen/papers/draft-ietf-mmusic-
> > ip-cc-01.txt
> >
> > http://www.softarmor.com/sipwg/draf
> > s/draft-sparks-sip-cc-transfer-00.txt
> >