Subject: [SIP] SLP Template Standardization for SIP Servers

From: James Kempf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 14:05:11 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry for the long hiatus between IETF and this message.

I promised at the SIP working group to talk with Erik Guttman about the
standardization procedure for SLP templates and post the procedure
here.

The procedure does not require that the template be an RFC, only
that it be an Internet draft. Once the template has been finalized,
there is an email address ([email-masked]). The list hasn't been 
activated yet, but Erik says that if the template is sent to
him, he'll make sure that it gets into the template repository.
Erik is the "designated export" who is maintaining the repository.

I would suggest that the working group consider submitting the
template after working group last call on any drafts that
may impact the template. In fact, having the template go through
a last call when the drafts do would also help assure that it
accurately reflects the SIP protocol. Naturally, it would help
if the template draft were a working group item, but I'm prepared
to move it along as an individual contribution if the working
group would rather not include it (I should note that the NAT
working group has included the RSIP template as a working group
item).

Comments?

			jak

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip