Subject: [SIP] SIP URL support in Mozilla : sip not official URL scheme?

From: "Mathieu Gervais (LMC)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 11:10:34 -0400

Hi all,

 I just posted a Request For Enhancement in Bugzilla, the Mozilla bug
database.
See http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=37637

Comments about the RFE where added, from a Mozilla developer, saying SIP
"is not on the list" of official URL schemes
 @  ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/url-schemes (see
http://www.iana.org/numbers.htm#U).

Why isn't sip there? Is the registration of the sip url scheme with IANA
"in process"? 

See also "Registration Procedures for URL Scheme Names" @
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/bcp/bcp35.txt

Feel free to add comments in bugzilla, but keep in mind it's a bug
database, not a discussion forum.

Thanks, 

 Mathieu

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip