Subject: [SIP] Re: Update of 'Contact' address

From: S_S_Dinesh/India/[email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 14:10:06 +0530

Ravandhu Hariram wrote:
>
> After a call is fully connected between two user agents, if one user
agent sends
> a new INVITE request with a different 'Contact' address, should the
receiving
> user agent update its 'Route' header with this modified 'Contact'
address?

I think so. There are a few applications of this, including mobility and
a few call services. Note, however, that updating of the Route with new
Record-Route headers is different. RFC2543 forbids (I think) insertion
of Record-Route headers when a Route is already there.

-Jonathan R.

--
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       200 Executive Drive
Chief Scientist                             Suite 120
dynamicsoft                                 West Orange, NJ 07052
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip