Subject: [SIP] uploading services from the user's home network to a sip server of the visited network within a 3G.IP environement

From: S_S_Dinesh/India/[email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 14:10:30 +0530

Hi,

after doing a very good job by deciding to take SIP for call control for
multimedia services within 3G.IP networks, the 3G.IP operators have a lot
of open items concerning the architecture, one of them being which network
controls the services for a roaming user: the home network, the visited
network or shared control. The concrete question: how can I upload at the
begin or during the call the roamimg user's services available in the home
network into the SIP proxy of the visited network? As far as I know, the
CPL and REGISTER helps me to upload services only from the UA to the proxy.

Is anyone else working on similar issues? I know of the Telcordia mobility
efforts, but the 3G.IP requirements and architecture seem to be somehow
different. The 3G.IP operators would like to reuse their just implemented
GPRS and the GPRS mobility.

Thanks a lot
Laura

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: S_S_Dinesh/India/[email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 14:10:28 +0530

> after doing a very good job by deciding to take SIP for call control for
multimedia services within 3G.IP >networks, the 3G.IP operators have a lot
of open items concerning the architecture, one of them being which >network
controls the services for a roaming user: the home network, the visited
network or shared control. >The concrete question: how can I upload at the
begin or during the call the roamimg user's services >available in the home
network into the SIP proxy of the visited network? As far as I know, the
CPL and >REGISTER helps me to upload services only from the UA to the
proxy.

I'm not an expert in wireless, so I'm not certain of the scope of the
services we are talking about. Mid call services, for example, are not
currently within the scope of CPL. However, there is nothing which
prevents the CPL-upload-in-register mechanism from being used by a
server to upload scripts to another server. Registrations, in general,
can be used for third party controls. The From field identifies the
party initiating the registration.

-Jonathan R.

--
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       200 Executive Drive
Chief Scientist                             Suite 120
dynamicsoft                                 West Orange, NJ 07052
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

---

From: S_S_Dinesh/India/[email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 14:10:07 +0530

-Jonathan R.

---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.