Subject: [SIP] draft-roach-sip-acb, draft-roach-sip-subscribe

From: S_S_Dinesh/India/[email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 14:10:24 +0530

Some quick comments:

- It would be nice to align the event notification as much as possible
with PINT, since PINT is intended as a SIP profile. If their model is
broken, it needs to be fixed. (It may well may sense to extract the
event mechanism from PINT and have a common draft.)

- Expires: It might be cleaner to structure this similar to the Contact
mechanism in REGISTER. This also makes it possible to perform several
actions atomically. Something like

Event: waterboiling ;expires=3600 , dinnerdone;expires=7200

(I'm not sure that putting this is in the header is necessarily the best
solution, but that's a separate discussion.)
--
Henning Schulzrinne   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip