Subject: [SIP] Content-Function vs. Content-Disposition

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 09:58:17 -0400

Based on earlier separate threads, we currently have both
Content-Function and Content-Disposition in the 2543bis draft. They seem
to overlap to some large extent, so a decision needs to be reached as to
whether they are truly different things or just one and, if one, which
of the two to pick. Content-Disposition is an existing concept (RFC
2183), while Content-Function is not used outside of SIP. My preference
would be to stick with Content-Disposition.
-- 
Henning Schulzrinne   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 00:48:04 -0400

They definitely should be consolidated. Since inline, at least, does
make sense for us, I would vote to use the HTTP version,
Content-Disposition. We definitely need to also have the
optional/required bit, which is critical for correct multipart usage.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com