Subject: [SIP] another SIP question

From: jimmy Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 18:50:21 -0700

Hello,

    My question concerns the following scenario: When user A calls user
B,  the proxy server would forward the request to user B, in case user B
is not available, the proxy server might opt to put the call to user B's
mailbox. My question is that how does the mailbox
know whom the incoming call is intended for, is there an existing  field
to hold the information?

   regards,

-- Jimmy zhang ([email-masked])

   Software Engineer

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 10:25:05 -0400

jimmy Zhang wrote:
> 
> Hello,
> 
>     My question concerns the following scenario: When user A calls
> user B,  the proxy server would forward the request to user B, in case
> user B is not available, the proxy server might opt to put the call to
> user B's mailbox. My question is that how does the mailbox
> know whom the incoming call is intended for, is there an existing
> field to hold the information?

The To field of the request always holds the original recipient the call
was destined for. It remains unchanged as the request is forwarded
through the network.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip