Subject: [SIP] Retransmissions

From: A Srinath <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 11:17:28 +0530 (IST)

Jonathan D. Rosenberg wrote 

	If you've already responded to a request with a final response, and then
	a CANCEL comes, respond to the CANCEL with 200 OK, and thats it.
	Continue with processing the final response to that request
	independently of the CANCEL.

Dont we have to send a 481 response to the CANCEL as the earlier
transaction has been completed as a final response has already  been sent. 

In the same case if the server were a proxy, then does it not forward the
CANCEL downstream too?

 Srinath A
 Silicon Automation Systems       Phone: 5276100, 5276108 extn 4220
 #1309, 10th Main, HAL III Stage   
 Bangalore 560 008, India                    

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: "Jo Hornsby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 10:16:11 +0100

> transaction has been completed as a final response has already  

No, it should return 200, since it still has knowledge of the
transaction.  There was a thread around these issues a few weeks
back.  Look for the Title "[SIP] CANCEL related questions".

> In the same case if the server were a proxy, then does it not forward
> the CANCEL downstream too?

Yes, the proxy should forward the CANCEL downstream regardless of
whether it knows anything about the transaction or not.  Again,
see the thread mentioned above.

 - Jo.