Subject: [SIP] Re: Message Waiting Indication Supplementary Service

From: S_S_Dinesh/India/[email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 14:10:06 +0530

Hi,

Getting or checking the status of a voice mailbox is orthogonal to SIP's
purpose (establishing sessions). You could use a separate protocol, or you
could use either the SIP INFO or SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY methods to provide
supplemental information to the phone/endpoint.  You could use an XML,
plain text, or other body type to convey this information, or an Event:
header.

thanks,
-rohan

At 12:12 AM 3/20/00 , Gazal, Elly wrote:
>Can any one suggest how does Message Waiting Indication Supplementary
>Service is achieved by SIP?
>
>Regards,
>
>Elly.
>

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip