Subject: [SIP] REGISTER/OPTIONS and Call-ID

From: Neil Deason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 19:12:25 +0100

In the bis draft, 6.12 Call-ID, it says....

"The REGISTER and OPTIONS methods use the Call-ID to unambiguously match
requests to responses."

In a REGISTER the Call-ID SHOULD remain the same over at least the same
reboot cycle. So isn't the CSeq also required to match requests to
responses? If not, why MUST registrations with the same Call-ID have
increasing CSeq values?

The bis draft also isn't explicity clear to me as to what the Call-ID of
OPTIONS should be. Should the Call-ID of an OPTIONS be analogous to an
INVITE not the special case of a REGISTER?

Cheers,
Neil.
--
Ubiquity Software Corporation           http://www.ubiquity.net

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 17:19:18 -0400

> responses? If not, why MUST registrations with the same Call-ID have

Added "(together with CSeq)" for clarity.

> INVITE not the special case of a REGISTER?

Either:

"For these [OPTIONS, REGISTER] requests, it makes no difference whether
the
\header{Call-ID} value matches an existing call or not."

-- 
Henning Schulzrinne   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs