Subject: [SIP] Re: Fault tolerance scheme for SIP Proxy servers

From: S_S_Dinesh/India/[email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 14:10:01 +0530

Anoop Tripathi wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Is there a draft or a generally accepted fault tolerance scheme for SIP
Proxy
> Servers?

There is no draft. I'm not even sure there should be (at least not
standards track). How a server handles fault tolerance is an
implementation issue. THere are numerous capabilities of SIP you can use
to build robust systems. We have discussed several on the list,
including multicast, statelessness, usage of domain names instead of IP
addresses, and so on.

-Jonathan R.
--
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       200 Executive Drive
Chief Scientist                             Suite 120
dynamicsoft                                 West Orange, NJ 07052
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip