Subject: [SIP] n-way conference

From: "Piotr S. Kossowski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 23:16:19 +0200

Hi,

About n-way conferences:

There is an example only 3-way conference
in draft-ietf-sip-call-flows-00.txt.
Did conisder anyone more participants (in any articles, drafts).

Especialy, What's going with RTP streams then ? 
(I think about difference between 2-way and 3-way or more
streaming)

BR, 
Piotr

-- 
All messages sent to P.Kossowski are delivered immediately also via SMS.

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 01:39:39 -0400

Work on multiparty conferencing is in progress. There are several ways
to do it with SIP now (dial up conference bridge, 3-way calling with end
system mixing, multicast) which require no extensions; work is in
progress on defining extensions for other models. Note that the 3-way
model described in the call flows draft does extend to n-way, but the
scalability is limited.

For some drafts on the subject:
http://www.softarmor.com/sipwg/drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-cc-01.txt
(EXPIRED)
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-campbell-sip-cc-framework-00.txt
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mark-sip-dmcs-00.txt

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com