Subject: [SIP] RE: proposal for IMPP

From: "Fox, Mike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:18:57 -0700

Why stop at XML for IMPP? Why not XML for SIP? Simple Object Access Protocol
may be the right way. Call it SIP Control by Unified Methods.

SOAP SCUM 

Best regards,
Mike Fox

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Neil Deason <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:54:55 +0100

> may be the right way. Call it SIP Control by Unified Methods.

All joking aside, SOAP within SIP is already possible as it is
just a 
text/html payload. As SOAP has been designed with HTTP as the
base 
transport using SIP instead, with it's HTTP ancestry, is straight
forward. 
Perhaps the flexibility and extensibility of SOAP could be an
alternative 
to some of the more proprietary/out of SIP's solution space
method/headers extensions.

Cheers,
Neil.
-- 
Ubiquity Software Corporation, UK          
http://www.ubiquity.net