Subject: [SIP] Phone user in Buddy List ?

From: "rafi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 10:34:27 +0530

Hi,

     Can I have phone user in my buddy list ?. 
Thus,  is it possible for a gateway to act as PA?
In that case  gateway may  need some support from
PSTN world. 

Thank You
Rafi Assadi H.M
Silicon Automation Systems
Bangalore, INDIA

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 14:45:50 -0400

It is theoretically possible, but gateways have no useful way to
determine the on-hook/off-hook status of a phone. Presuming you exposed
some entity that could know this (for example if a 5e had an IP
interface and would accept SUBSCRIBE), then you could do it. It would
all depend on there being sufficient naming/routing information to get a
SUBSCRIBE request to that 5E. I suspect that ENUM would be helpful
here...

-Jonathan R.

> rafi wrote:

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip