Subject: [SIP] Distributing call state : draft-dcsgroup-sip-state-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 15:07:13 -0500

The draft  draft-dcsgroup-sip-state-01.txt was presented in Adelaide.  In
brief, the draft  discusses the "State" header extension that may be used to
transfer call state from the proxy to the UAC. The proxy can then be
stateless for the duration of the call.  The state is stored at the
UAC/endpoint for the duration of the call and passed back to the proxy if
mid-call changes are required. The draft also includes rules at endpoints
and proxies on inclusion and processing of  State headers. Comments and
suggestions on the State header extension as presented in draft-01 are
welcome. (this is available at
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dcsgroup-sip-state-01.txt  ). 

I am in the process of updating the draft and submitting it as
draft-dcsgroup-sip-state-02.txt before the Pittsburgh IETF. The dcsgroup has
cleared the RFC2026 issues and the updated draft will reflect that and
comments received on this list on the proposed State header extension and
associated rules. 

Thanks and regards,
Poornima Lalwaney

------------------------------------------------
Poornima Lalwaney
Nokia
[email-masked]
Tel: +1 858-831-4727
-----------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Lars Berggren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 00:01:40 +0200 (CEST)

Some comments:

1. The extension does not define an option-tag to be used with the Require
and Supported header fields. How would a proxy know that the UAC or UAS
support the 'state' extension?

2. Section 4.2 mentions that the state header is included in subsequent
INVITEs. What about BYE requests? I think it could be useful to include it
in BYEs also, since BYEs certainly affects call state.

/Lars

> comments received on this list on the proposed State header extension and

Lars Berggren       <mailto:[email-masked]>
Intertex Data AB    tel: +46-8-6282828
Sundbyberg, Sweden  fax: +46-8-6286414