Subject: [SIP] Re: I-D ACTION:draft-johnston-sip-osp-token-00.txt

From: Stephen Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 10:40:57 -0400

Just a note that there is an additional I-D on this topic that (so far) 
hasn't made it out of the announcement queue. Since it's tiny, I've 
attached it here. Note that the two approaches are in no way mutually 
exclusive. The draft-thomas-sip-mime-osp-token-00.txt approach defines a 
MIME type rather than a SIP header.

Stephen

At 06:55 AM 2000-07-14, [email-masked] wrote:
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
>directories.
>
>
>         Title           : OSP Authorization Token Header for SIP
>         Author(s)       : A. Johnston, D. Rawlins, H. Sinnreich
>         Filename        : draft-johnston-sip-osp-token-00.txt
>         Pages           : 5
>         Date            : 13-Jul-00
>
>This draft proposes a new SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) header
>OSP-Authorization-Token for carrying an OSP (Open Settlements
>Protocol) authorization token between domains.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-johnston-sip-osp-token-00.txt
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>         "get draft-johnston-sip-osp-token-00.txt".
>
>A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
>http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
>or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>
>
>Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
>
>Send a message to:
>         [email-masked].
>In the body type:
>         "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-johnston-sip-osp-token-00.txt".
>
>NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
>         MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
>         feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
>         command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
>         a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
>         exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
>         "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
>         up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
>         how to manipulate these messages.
>
>
>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
>implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
>Internet-Draft.
>Content-Type: text/plain
>Content-ID:     <[email-masked]>
>
>ENCODING mime
>FILE /internet-drafts/draft-johnston-sip-osp-token-00.txt
>
><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-johnston-sip-osp-token-00.txt>
____________________________________________________________________
Stephen Thomas                                       +1 404 872 4887
TransNexus, Chief Technical Officer    [email-masked]