Subject: [SIP] State: header host should be "hostport"

From: Bryan Byerly <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 11:59:49 -0400

Hi guys,

We've come across a small bug in the draft-dcsgroup-sip-state-01.txt
while implementing the State: header.

When multiple proxies run on one server (each listening on a separate
port), the current BNF for the State: header is insufficient.  "host"
should be changed to "hostport".

The BNF in draft-dcsgroup-sip-state-01.txt paragraph 2, section 4.1,
State Header Syntax should read:

   The following syntax specification uses the augmented Backus-Naur
   Form (BNF) as described in RFC-2234 [4].

        State           = "State" ":" 1#(hostport ";" state-token
                                *(";" state-token))
        state-token     =  token ["=" (*token | quoted-string)]

If no port is specified, then 5060 should be assumed.

Please update the draft to reflect this change.

Thanks for your help!
Bryan

Bryan J. Byerly
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 02:25:16 -0400

Good catch.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com