Subject: [SIP] Clarification on SDP in other msgs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 18:00:01 -0700

for placing media streams on hold, normally, the INVITE has its SDP
information set to zero.
Can this be  used in the responses too, i.e the 200 OK messages. Or,
does this have some other implication.

thanks much.
sunitha

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 23:58:25 -0400

> does this have some other implication.

Sure. IP address zero always means "don't send me media here right now". 

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com