Subject: [SIP] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-tiphon-background-00.txt]

From: Paul Sijben <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 14:40:01 +0200

SIP-experts,

next week TIPHON is expected to approve a work item to desribe how its new
architecture can be implemented using SIP.

The architecture and its background are described in the follwing two IDs:
 draft-tiphon-background-00.txt
 draft-tiphon-architecture-00.txt

I hope TIPHON can have a serious look at the mapping to SIP at its meeting
next week and come up with a list of questions. 

I would appreciate if there would be time to discuss these questions with the
assembled SIP experts in Pittsburgh.

If there is interest and if time permists I would be happy to give a
presentation in TIPHONs current work and their relationship to SIP.

Paul Sijben
-- 
Paul Sijben              Tel:+31 356874774 
Lucent Technologies      Message:+31 208702874			
Forward Looking Work     Fax: +31 208702874
Huizen, The Netherlands  http://voip.nl.lucent.com/~sijben (internal)

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-tiphon-background-00.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce:;;@[email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 06:34:30 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: TIPHON architecture background
	Author(s)	: S. Cadzow, P. Mart, P. Sijben
	Filename	: draft-tiphon-background-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 18-Jul-00
	
The background and objectives of the new ETSI project Tiphon
architecture are described in this draft. The architecture is shown
to be capable of use by a number of different signalling systems and
session control protocols, including SIP and H.323. The opportunity
exists for the IETF to help with the technology mappings for SIP to
ensure inter-operation with other technologies through the TIPHON
architecture.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tiphon-background-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-tiphon-background-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-tiphon-background-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.