Subject: Re: [SIP] PGP

From: Paul Krumviede <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2000 07:31:50 -0700

--On Friday, 30 June, 2000 19:16 -0400 Henning Schulzrinne 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> I can't tell for sure from the PGP documentation, but rsa does seem to
> be the default. (The documentation for version 6.5, the latest, almost
> makes it sound like that this depends on the version of the software.) I
> added the missing parameter.

New keys, by default, are actually a DSS signature key with a DH sub-key
for encryption. The default signing/encryption operation is dependent on 
the
key(s) used: if you have a DH/DSS key set, then DSA is the signature
algorithm; the encryption algorithm depend on the recipient's key.

If you have a windows version of PGP, run the key generation
wizard and see what it does (if you have a version that will do
both DH/DSS and RSA, it will suggest generating a DH/DSS
key pair).

-paul

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip