Subject: [SIP] Proxying an INVITE-OK

From: Dvir Oren <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 15:42:35 +0300 (IDT)

Following the discussion of proxying BYEs, I now realized that the
same problem exists with proxying the OKs of an INVITE.  The RFC says
that the proxy must proxy the OK, and not ACK it.  This is
understandble, except that each proxy will repeatedly send the OK
until it receives an ACK, or dies out.  However - not only can the ACK 
take some time, it might never reach all the proxies (the ACK might be 
sent to the Contact, if there is no Record-Route).

How is this solved?

-- 
Dvir Oren               <[email-masked]>
Lucid VON Ltd.     <http://www.lucidvon.com>
9 Saloniki St.,        Tel-Aviv       Israel
Tel:  +972 3 644 3038  Fax:  +972 3 644 3039

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Shail Bhatnagar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 16:39:23 -0400 (EDT)

Dvir, 200 response to INVITE is **only** retransmitted (with exponential
backoff) by the user agent server. Proxies simply proxy the 200 response
to INVITE.