Subject: [SIP] ACK received after crash

From: "rafi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 11:42:40 +0530

Consider the following call scenario,

A                                  B

               INVITE

   ----------------------------------->

               200 OK
  <-----------------------------------

                          Server Crashes here

                           Server Comes Up

            ACK
  -------------------------------->
                                         
                     Finds call id is invalid
                     and discards the ACK silently

 Thus in the above call scenario, A is under the impression
that call is through but actually call is not established end to end. 
One could argue that when user at A actually start using media 
he may not hear  anything from other end and MAY release the
call. Thus in general  how A  detect this and release the call as 
soon as possible ?

Thank You
Rafi Assadi H.M.

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 02:34:02 -0400

Session timer.

-Jonathan R.

> rafi wrote:

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip