Subject: [SIP] How SIP is used to determine access mecahnsim ?

From: "rafi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 10:38:37 +0530

Section 1.1 of  RFC2543 says,

" For example, SIP could be used to determine that 
the party can be reached via H.323 [7], obtain  the 
H.245 [8] gateway and user address and then use
 H.225.0 [9] to establish the call."

Few questions 

 1.  How SIP  is  used to determine such thing ?

 2.  How gateway and user address are carried in SIP  message ?

 3.   What is the meaning of H.245 gateway ?

 A message flow diagram would be useful.

Regards
Rafi Assadi H.M.

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 09:33:39 -0400

This section is probably best understood as a historical artifact. Given
that it either requires a whole lot more explanation (and it is not
clear whether it has more than academic interest), I suggest dropping
it. Clearly, any place in SIP where a URL can be put could contain an
H.323 URL once such a thing gets defined [apparently in progress], but
that doesn't require explicit mention.

> rafi wrote:

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip