Subject: [SIP] 415 Unsupported Media Type

From: Dvir Oren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 18:34:45 +0300 (IDT)

If I get a new SDP body in the ACK, and I don't like the media type,
how can I reply that the media type is unacceptable to me?

-- 
Dvir Oren               <[email-masked]>
Lucid VON Ltd.     <http://www.lucidvon.com>
9 Saloniki St.,        Tel-Aviv       Israel
Tel:  +972 3 644 3038  Fax:  +972 3 644 3039

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 16:19:38 -0400

It doesn't work that way. You should not get a "new" SDP in the ACK. SDP
goes in ACK only if there was no SDP in INVITE, then SDP was included in
the 200 OK. This SDP should represent a subset of the media "offered" in
the 200 OK. In other words, a normal SIP transaction has one SDP in the
INVITE, and another in 200 OK. Now, we have the same two phase process,
but the first SDP is in the 200 OK, and the second in the ACK.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com