Subject: [SIP] How to detect interworking ?

From: "rafi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 19:14:33 +0530

Hi,

   Is it not useful for a UAC to know whenever
there is an interworking taking place (For e.g. 
SIP-H323)? Is it possible for a "gateway" to 
indicate such information to UAC?

Thank you
Rafi Assadi H.M

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 02:09:33 -0400

By its nature such an interworking box appears as a perfectly legitimate
SIP UA. So, from a pure protocol perspective, no.

However, I have been updating the caller preferences spec. One of things
I added is that you can use the new Contact parameters in the Contact in
INVITE and 200 OK to convey useful info about who/what was contacted.
One of the things that you can include is a textual description, so:

200 OK
Contact: sip:[email-masked];description="interworking with H.323"

This is not useful for automated processing, but could allow the user to
know.

-Jonathan R.

> rafi wrote:

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip