Subject: [SIP] SIP Presence and Instant Messaging prototype

From: "Robert Sparks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 18:14:01 -0500

Greetings all -

For those who've not been following IMPP closely, here's
a copy of an announcement we sent to that group's list
a couple of days ago. (The better documentation mentioned
is in place.) If you're interested, pull down the client
and check it out.

The link below will take you to a page that has references
to the pertainant IDs. 

Ben and I are in Pittsburg - send us mail or come find us
if you have questions.

Thanks!

RjS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

Robert Sparks ([email-masked]) and I ([email-masked])
developed a Presence and Instant Messaging _prototype_ based on the SIP
proposal. We are making the client available for download at
http://www.dynamicsoft.com/presence_reg.html . There are also some release
notes that will help you set things up. We expect to have some better
documentation up shortly. The client is written in Java, and requires a
Java2 runtime environment.

We have also exposed a server at sip:impp.dfw.dynamicsoft.com:5060 . The
server is also a _prototype_.

Again, please note that this is an engineering prototype, and does not
represent our ideas of how the user interface would work in a real IMPP
product. Also, the server is not monitored on weekends or evenings, and
Robert and I will be traveling to Pittsburgh over the weekend. If you find
it down, send us email and we will fix things when we can.

Thanks!

Ben Campbell
dynamicsoft

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip