Subject: [SIP] Receiver-tagged Via headers and ports. Again.

From: "Jo Hornsby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 09:43:37 +0100

Hi,

Since my point about the received-port being ignored in 6.47.3
was missed (I can't understand this because I'd buried it as
a really small point in a completely unrelated post (:&), I'm
reraising.

I think that given the sentence in 6.47.2:
"If and only if the source address and port differ from the
 sent-by address, the proxy also includes the source port in
 the received parameter."
Shouldn't the text in 6.47.3 be updated to use this port if
it is present and there is no maddr?

Furthermore, shouldn't 6.47.4 be updated similarly, so that
servers -- be they proxy or UA -- behave identically?

Cheers,

 - Jo.
-- 
  Jo Hornsby; IT Professional         --       mailto:[email-masked]
 Ubiquity Software Corporation        --         http://www.ubiquity.net/

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip