Subject: [SIP] Handling 3xx after 1xx with SDP

From: Ameet Kher <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 13:24:54 -0400

Hi All,

How should SIP handle a 3xx response if it is received after a 1xx with
SDP .
A 1xx with SDP leads to bridging of a call and so if a 3xx is received
after a call is bridged, we can pretty
much do nothing at the SIP level .  Cases where a 3xx is received after
1xx with no SDP has no problems.

Is this true ?

Your comments will be appreciated

Thanks
Ameet

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 20:46:08 +0300

Hi,

On an application level, to me it seems like a similar case when we
receive a re-INVITE, with new SDP parameters, during i session. In that
case we either modify whatever media stream we may have created, or
refuse to accept the re-INVITE. However, on a SIP level, in your example
it's not that simple. I guess we would have to send an ACK, and then a
BYE (or v.v. perhaps?) if we choose not to accept the new SDP
parameters.

Comments? Interesting case... :)

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland

Ameet Kher wrote:
> 
> Hi All,
> 
> How should SIP handle a 3xx response if it is received after a 1xx
> with SDP .
> much do nothing at the SIP level .  Cases where a 3xx is received
> after 1xx with no SDP has no problems.
> 
> Is this true ?
>