Subject: [SIP] Session header

From: Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 11:44:58 -0700

Hi,

The Session header was defined originally in the 183 draft.  Now that the 
183 has expired (?), the 183 response has moved into the bis draft, but the 
Session header has not. Can we still move the Session header into the bis 
draft?

thanks,
-rohan

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 02:07:01 -0400

The authors of the 183 draft discussed this and we came to the following
conclusion:

1. The Session header would be eliminated, rather its values would be
folded in as a parameter of the Content-Disposition header.
2. These parameters would be defined in the rfc2543bis draft.

Since the header is optional, and since it is such a small thing and
related to Content-Disposition anyway, folding it into the bis draft
seemed best.

Comments?

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com