Subject: [SIP] Clarification on 12.4 and non-INVITEs.

From: "Jo Hornsby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 15:47:27 +0100

Hi,

May I humbly &:) suggest new wording for the paragraph on dealing
with 2xx responses in section 12.4:

From:
"The proxy MUST forward the response upstream towards the client,
 without sending an ACK down-stream."

To:
"If the request is an INVITE, the proxy MUST forward the response
 upstream, without sending an ACK downstream.  If the request is
 non-INVITE, the proxy should only forward the response upstream
 if it has not already forwarded a different (or similar) response."

Cheers,

 - Jo.
-- 
  Jo Hornsby; IT Professional         --       mailto:[email-masked]
 Ubiquity Software Corporation        --         http://www.ubiquity.net/

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 03:08:38 -0400

>  if it has not already forwarded a different (or similar) response."

different or similar? Not clear what that means. I think you mean
"should
only forward the response upstream if it has not forwarded any response
upstream".

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

---

From: "Jo Hornsby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 10:37:07 +0100

> only forward the response upstream if it has not forwarded any response

Ah yes.  That's much clearer. &:)

 - Jo.