Subject: RE: [SIP] Question on 'version' parameter in draft-ietf-sip-isup- mime -03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 17:28:34 -0600

I believe the current thinking is that IANA registration will be used for
ISUP versions that are associated with a published standard, though a few
possible versions will be provided by way of example. The authors are
concerned that there are potentially too many obscure national variants to
catalogue them within the MIME draft itself.

Jon Peterson
Level(3) Communications

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Summers [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2000 3:59 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [SIP] Question on 'version' parameter in
draft-ietf-sip-isup-mime -03.txt

In draft-ietf-sip-isup-mime-03.txt, there is a subset of ISUP base protocol
parameters listed. However, there is no similar  table describing the ISUP
version parameters. Considering that the version parameter is mandatory, it
may be a good idea to include a list/table of valid values. (I believe that
uk21 is the only ISUP version listed.)  I don't think that this is something
that we would want implementors to go off and decide on their own. Any
comments?

Kevin Summers
telecom technologies
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip