Subject: [SIP] Open issue with Quotes in WWW-Authenticate ??

From: "Phil Hoffer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 14:39:38 +0100

Hi Jonathan,

In your SIP ML Open Issues presentation for IETF48 ....

http://www.softarmor.com/sipwg/meets/IETF48/slides/pres-rosenburg-sipwg_jul0
0_listissues.ppt

the last slide mentions "Quotes in WWW-Authenticate" and details....

<quote>

BNF and examples for params in WWW-Authenticate inconsistent in http
Do we use quotes or not?
Proposal:
    Quotes

</quote>

I'm confused with this slide as I'm unaware of an open issue in this area.
The BNF is quite clear, however the examples given in "SIP Telephony Call
Flow Examples"
(http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-call-flows-01.txt)
are inconsistent with the SIP specification.
This might have led to the confusion which appears to surround the four
headers used for authentication.

I can appreciate that there is some scope for lenient parsing of the
parameters in the authentication related headers, but as far as I'm
concerned the spec seems fine.

Can you clear up my confusion?

Thanks In Advance
Phil Hoffer

http://www.ubiquity.net

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip