Subject: [SIP] QOS and SIP Questions...

From: "Fox, Mike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 15:11:15 -0700

1. Would it be beneficial for a UAS use SIP (or SDP) to ask (or tell) a UAC
to enable or request network QOS, like setting TOS, for RTP media, or even
SIP?

2. Would it be beneficial for a UAS use SIP to query a UAC to report
measured QOS, session performance, or accounting info? 

Best regards,
Mike Fox

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Henry Sinnreich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 20:25:07 -0500

Mike,

A client is not a trusted device, so it can only request QoS,
but the request has to policed in some way by a trusted network
element.

Please see two related approaches:
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manyfolks-sip-resou
rce-01.txt
and
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sinnreich-interdoma
in-sip-qos-osp-01.txt

Henry

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked]
>[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Fox, Mike
>Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2000 5:11 PM
>To: sip
>Subject: [SIP] QOS and SIP Questions...
>
>