Subject: [SIP] Authorization each time ?

From: "rafi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 10:41:04 +0530

Hi,

 Consider the following call scenario

  A                                   B

             INVITE
   ------------------------------------>

             401 (Unauthorized)
   <------------------------------------

             ACK
   ------------------------------------>

             INVITE with Authorization
   ------------------------------------->
         
             200 OK
   <-------------------------------------

             ACK
   ------------------------------------->

  When call is disconnected and  connected  later
  above things repeat even though caller MAY know that 
  authorization is required each time. Caller MAY not have the 
  proper nonce and other values  in order to authorize. In order
  to get those value caller MAY prefer to go through the above 
  call  flow each time. Thus each time caller has a overhead of
  doing thing. Thus, is it  possible to do it in other way ?. 

Thanks
Rafi Assadi H M

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 11:17:35 -0400

The caller can cache the credentials and use them in any subsequent
requests to the same To field. It may turn out that the nonce has not
expired and thus the cached credentials work for the next call. If they
have expired, then the UAC will need to be rechallenged and can
automatically recompute the credentials with the new nonce.

-Jonathan R.

> rafi wrote:

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip