Subject: [SIP] Question on unknown methods

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 17:23:57 -0500

For the support of unknown methods, do these methods have to
be supported for active calls or for callIds for which there is no call
as well?

-Deepak

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 00:37:42 -0400

A server can always reject a request with a 405 even if it does support
the method, and it can use any logic to determine when/if it should send
a 405.

Practically speaking, if a new method makes sense both inside and
outside of a call, and you implement it, I suspect your code would
support both cases.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com