Subject: Re: [SIP] a simple query but important....

From: "rahul pande" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 15:23:44 GMT

hello all,

>Many large organizations that have enterprise networks comprising of 
>several LANs and routers typically are often not multicast enabled. To >do 
>multicasting,certain subnets and their associated routers would >have to 
>run mrouted (or some of the newer protocols PIM etc) so that >multicast 
>addressing can be understood and forwarded.
Sir,
   I wanted to know if i have to multicast to all the subnets, would i have 
to run mrouted aplication in all of the routers in the LAN or only few. Sir, 
can u redirect me to a URI where i can get some insight into this because 
i'm searching for a solution where i have to do multicasting eventhough none 
of the routers are multicast enabled.
It might sound silly but its really difficult to convince these network adm. 
to enable multicast routers.
   In the internet we have the Mbone network to handle this type of scenario 
but Mbone is basically a network of multicast routers again.
  Please give me some details on this.
   Thanking you,
     rahul

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip