Subject: [SIP] another general query (SIP+)

From: Christopher Downey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 11:58:48 +0100

Hi

When I was doing some background reading on the SIP protocol, I came
accross some references to SIP+.  Could anyone point me to a good source
of information which covers SIP+

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Christopher
-- 
**********************************************************************
Christopher Downey (Student Software Engineer)

Agilent Technologies
Research & Development
Telecoms Systems Division	Email	 :  [email-masked]
South Queensferry		Phone	 :  +44 131 331 6137
Scotland			Internal :  33137
**********************************************************************

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Neil Deason <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 12:14:31 +0100

> Any help is greatly appreciated.

This is covered in the SIP FAQ at
	http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/sip

SIP+ was a proposal by Level3 on how to extend SIP to
interconnect 
two MGCs. This functionality is now being provided by various 
orthogonal SIP extensions, including the carriage of multipart
MIME 
types, the INFO method and others. These are being documented in
a 
BCP draft. The name SIP+ is obsolete and should not be used to
avoid 
confusion. 

Also check out the latest Internet Draft on SIP-T:
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vemuri-sip-t-context-00.txt

hth,
Neil.
-- 
Ubiquity Software Corporation, UK          
http://www.ubiquity.net