Subject: [SIP] Legal Loop Detection

From: Hisham Khartabil <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 10:31:42 +0300

Hi all,

In section 1.4.5 in the July 13 bis draft, its says:

"...A proxy server MUST check that it does not generate a request to a
host listed in the Via sent-by, via-received or via-maddr parameters.."

Is this still true with the new legal loop detection?  As we know now,
it is legal to forward a request to a proxy that is already in the via
list.  It is up to that proxy to decide if this request has been looped
to it legally or not. So, should this text be changed, or ever removed?

Thanks,
Hisham Khartabil

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 03:02:21 -0400

I believe this text must be removed.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com