Subject: [SIP] a query on SOCKS

From: "rahul pande" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 03:25:56 GMT

hello Sir,
     I was searching for a solution to the rtp problem, to allow
audio/vedio udp packets to pass through the firewall, and then in many
reviews i read about SOCKS v5, i suppose it does something like the
FCP(firewall control protocol) which is in the draft stages. Can anyone
please inform me where i can get an open source for this protocol.
     Thanking you,
      rahul
________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Jiri Kuthan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 03:28:45 +0200

> please inform me where i can get an open source for this protocol.

There is a SOCKS website at http://www.socks.nec.com/. It also includes
reference software. However, I doubt it will help you very much -- SOCKSv5
does not allow SOCKS client to bind to and learn a public address/port.
I.e., it will not be able to form a SIP invitation.

Jiri