Subject: [SIP] The 'Allow' entity header in rfc2543bis-02

From: Pete Kazmier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 16:44:28 -0400

Section 4.2.1 (INVITE), 3rd paragraph from the end, states:

     The initial INVITE from the UAC SHOULD contain the Allow and
     Supported header fields, and MAY contain the Accept header
     field. 

Then, section 6.10 (Allow) states:

      An Allow header field MUST be present in a 405 (Method Not
      Allowed) response, SHOULD be present in an OPTIONS response
      SHOULD be present in the 200 (OK) response to the initial INVITE
      for a call and MAY be present in final responses for other
      methods. 

Its unclear to me if the 'Allow' entity header SHOULD be in the
initial INVITE.  Section 4.2.1 states that it should be, but section
6.10 doesn't mention it.  Could someone please clarify?

Thanks,
Pete

--
Pete Kazmier                                            (781) 505-7590
Senior Network Systems Engineer                    [email-masked]
iBasis                                           http://www.ibasis.net

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: "Brett Tate" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 17:33:05 -0400

See thread "rfc2543bis-02 table 4 comment".

Henning mentions that the "Allow" can be 
included in all requests.