Subject: [SIP] Unfortunate description of 400 resp. in the spec

From: "Piotr S. Kossowski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 00:29:48 +0200

Hi,

Keeping in mind our discussion about Content-Length I've just noticed
description in section 7.4.1 of the spec:

"7.4.1 400 Bad Request
The request could not be understood due to malformed syntax. 
The Reason-Phrase SHOULD identify the syntax problem in more detail, 
e.g., “Missing Content-Length header”."

I realize this is only an example, which is almost not important, but 
saying that “Missing Content-Length header” is a syntax problem 
is not fortunate example, at present... 
I would recommend exchange this example with phrase e.g.

"Missing Call-Id header"

because Call-Id is ALWAYS MANDATORY and its missing in a message makes
syntax error, in fact.

BTW, For error handling due to Content-Length, 411 (Length Required)
response is destinated.

Regards, Piotr

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip