Subject: [SIP] few comments on Drafts......

From: "rahul pande" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 21:58:06 IST

Hello Sir,
    The new drafts which are comming up are not abiding by the previous 
rfcs, for example in the draft
          draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-atm-00.txt

The general format of the media information line adapted for AAL2
applications is:

m=<media> <virtualConnectionId> <transport#1> <format list#1>
   <transport#2> <format list#2> ... <transport#M> <format list#M>

where as the rfc2327 clearly defines that <transport field> is not 
repetitive.

In another, Megaco draft, few of the SDP mandatory headers have been made 
optional, which will not be inter operable with previous implemented SDPs.
  Sir, shouldn't we draft new things taking into consideration backward 
compatibility....

   Thanking you,
     rahul
_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at 
http://profiles.msn.com.

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip