Subject: [SIP] SIP ISUP MIME draft

From: Amit Choksi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 17:51:50 -0700

Hi,
I am having a doubt concerning a message containing multiple content
types like SDP, ISUP, OSP.
In a message containing multiple content types

1. Content-Length = 333 (example)
    Does this specify the length of the total all the Content-Types and
corresponding data

    can we have individual content lengths for all content types ?

2.  When there are multiple Content-Types is it compulsory to have the
first one as

Content-Type: multipart/....; boundary = unique-boundary1
  so that we can use the boundary all over ,    What if this is not
there then can we just use CRLF as boundary

 or if it is not specified then can i just use CRLF as the delimiter

         Content-Type:application/OSP       CRLF
         CRLF

           ....data.....

           unique-boundary1
        Content-Type:application/ISUP;version-nxv3   CRLF
        CRLF

           .....data.....
         unique-boundary1

Please point out, if i have wrongly interpreted it.
I greatly appreciate any help on this.

Thanks
Amit Choksi

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Bobby Sardana <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 19:27:59 -0700

Hello Amit:

>     Does this specify the length of the total all the Content-Types and

Yes. Total Length = (Header Length Count) + (Unique Boundary Count) +
(Message Count)

>     can we have individual content lengths for all content types ?

No. From HTTP 1.1 Section 4.4 Message Length.

> there then can we just use CRLF as boundary

Can conflict with message content that has CRLF in it. So to distinguish
between the two a boundary is needed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

[email-masked]

---

From: Sunitha Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 11:55:48 -0700

The comment is on the single content length field value for the entire
message. If this is considered, then, essentially we may not be able to
encrypt a single content data. i.e We have to either encrypt the entire set
of content data list, i.e maybe ISUP, SDP..etc; or none of them.

Any comments on this?

thanks
sunitha

--
Sunitha Kumar
http://www.vovida.com

---

From: Bobby Sardana <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 12:09:31 -0700

Hello Sunitha:

Sunitha Kumar wrote:

> message. If this is considered,

This is a rule for encoding!

> then, essentially we may not be able to encrypt a single content data.
> i.e We have to either encrypt the entire set of content data list, i.e
> maybe ISUP, SDP..etc; or none of them.

Why not? Peform individual encryption of data for each corresponding
type excluding the embedded headers, calculate the length and assign it
to the Content-Length. The decoding is simple by extracting the
individual content and decrypting it. For message transport, the
Content-Length remains the same.

Regards,