Subject: [SIP] PGP in SIP.

From: Ragunath Devarasu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 10:36:12 -0700

Hi,

Is there any sip Phones/Porxy Server that support PGP authentication
schemes?. I am just wondering, how the public key of SIP Phones/Proxy Server
will
be made available to each other.

Sorry if it is Off-topic.

Thanks
ragunath.

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 13:46:55 -0400

> be made available to each other.

The Columbia SIP server and client support PGP, although we rarely use
it... I would imagine that the keys of users would be made available in
the same manner as for email, e.g., via public key rings. Given the lack
of widespread use of PGP email, this type of infrastructure seems hard
to set up. (Or people don't much care about securing their email.)

-- 
Henning Schulzrinne   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs