Subject: [SIP] Phone number in SIP

From: Michel Eilat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 11:21:05 +0200

Hello all,

Let's imagine that a call need to be made from a POTS telephone to a SIP
endpoint through a PSTN-SIP GW. From the POTS,  one will dial for example
1234. How is the GW suppose to complete the SIP address form the phone
number. What procedure must the GW undergo ? 

Sorry if it is off interset - new  to SIP

Michel Eilat

Audiocodes LTD
4 Hahoresh St,
P.O.Box 14 Yehud 56470
Israel

Direct:      +972-3-5394160
Fax:         +972-3-5394040
Email:      [email-masked]
Web Site: http://www.audiocodes.com

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Frederic Huve <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 17:44:53 +0200

Michel,

I think that you're missing a point, a SIP proxy have to take place between
the PSTN-SIP GW and the SIP end point, this SIP proxy via some location logic
translates the E164 to the SIP URL.
see draft-johnston-sip-call-flows-00.txt (especially section 5).

Fred.

--
Frederic HUVE                         5,Avenue Raymond Chanas - Eybens
R&D Engineer                          38053 Grenoble Cedex 9 - FRANCE
Telecom Infrastructure Division       Tel +33 (0)4 76 14 47 43
Hewlett-Packard                       Fax +33 (0)4 76 14 14 88