Subject: [SIP] some doubts....

From: "Rakesh Jain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:55:26 GMT

Hi,

	I am having some doubts in RFC2543, under section 6-12 CALL-ID,
	The statement given in this section is :

        “If the user is already a member of the conference and the
         conference parameters contained in the session description
         have not changed, a callee user agent server MAY
         silently accept the call, regardless of the Call-ID.“

         In this case, will Call-ID in second call be same as
         existing Call-ID or it can differ With the existing Call-ID.
         What I understtod from the sentence is it can be same or
         Different also.
         Am I right?
         It will be very helpful, if somebody explain me with example.

         I am sorry, if not making any sense. Please refer me some
         pointer So i can get more clarity on this...

         Thanks in advance..

Rakesh jain

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at 
http://profiles.msn.com.

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 01:13:58 -0400

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Rakesh Jain [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2000 12:55 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [SIP] some doubts....
> 
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 
>         "If the user is already a member of the conference and the
>          silently accept the call, regardless of the Call-ID."
> 

Yes. 

In the case of the same Call-ID, this would basically be the case of a
re-invite, where there is no change in the session params. This generally
wouldn't happen, but its something you should be prepared for. Session timer
discusses this in a bit more detail.

In the case of a different Call-ID, you would really only see this for
multicast conferences, like mbone. In this case, its like you got invited by
one person, and then got a totally different invitation from someone else
for the same session. Since you're already in it, no point in bother the
user.

-Jonathan R.
---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com