Subject: [SIP] Session Information

From: "Burger, Christian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 15:46:01 -0700

Hi,

I had a question concerning Session Information that can be sent via SIP (or
in fact SDP).
I did not find a size limit as to how much text could this way be conveyed.
Is there such a limit of how much can be sent with a SIP message?
Greetings,

Christian Burger
E-mail:	[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Sunitha Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 15:54:52 -0700

Christian:

The maximum size of the SIP message , including the content data MUST be within
the bounds of 1500 bytes, inorder to prevent fragmentation of packets. Please
refer Section 3, of the August 6, SIP draft.

sunitha

--
Sunitha Kumar
http://www.vovida.com