Subject: [SIP] I-D ACTION:draft-levy-sip-diversion-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 06:31:40 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Diversion Indication in SIP
	Author(s)	: S. Levy, B. Byerly, J. Yang
	Filename	: draft-levy-sip-diversion-00.txt
	Pages		: 40
	Date		: 10-Oct-00
	
This document proposes an extension to the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP).  This extension provides the ability for
the called SIP user agent to identify from whom the call
was diverted and why the call was diverted.
The extension defines a new general header, Diversion, which
conveys the diversion information from other SIP user agents
and proxies to the called user agent.
This extension allows enhanced support for various features,
including Unified Messaging, Third-Party Voicemail, and Automatic Call
Distribution (ACD).  SIP user agents and SIP proxies which receive
diversion information may use this as supplemental information for
feature invocation decisions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levy-sip-diversion-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-levy-sip-diversion-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-levy-sip-diversion-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.