Subject: [SIP] SIP IMPP draft and Jabber like XML body

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 11:57:24 +0530

Hi,
I have a question wrt SIP based IMPP. While reading the drafts, I noticed
the use of XML while doing
SUBSCRIBE and NOTIFY to specify various options. In the im draft which
discusses MESSAGE, it is mentioned
 that it can contain any MIME body and leaves it at that with some examples
of text/plain.

I also saw the Jabber IM draft which defines a set of XML tags which do
similar stuff to SIP headers as well
as lots of other tags for body rendering.

Does anything stop me from using an XML based body in MESSAGE derived from
Jabber ? In particular,
I liked the ability to specify
Voice XML based sections as well as text sections, which also includes
typical HTML type body rendering to provide
a more attractive chat screen.

Is there any work on defining such a body set for SIP/impp or can I just
take the relevant sections from Jabber tags ?
Does this break the sip-impp model in any way (I dont think so at first
read).

Thanks
Arjun

--
Arjun Roychowdhury @ Hughes Software Systems

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip