Subject: [SIP] Mid-Call Redirects with a Route

From: Billy Biggs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 18:35:33 -0500

Hi,

  If I get redirected (say a 302) on a re-INVITE or BYE request on an
active call-leg end, and the call-leg has a Route, what do I do?

  My possible suggestions:

  a) Use the Record-Route and Contact from the redirect response to
     build a Route header for my new transaction.

     This seems inconsistent, unless I also honor the Record-Route on a
     300-class response to an initial INVITE.  But hey, maybe I should
     do that too?

  b) Place the Contact at the end of the current Route list, and hope it
     was the last guy who redirected me.  This scares me.

  c) Use the Contact as the Request-URI, keep the Route the same, and
     mess things up completely.  Definitely broken.

  d) Drop the Route completely and hope this never happens.

  Regarding (a), am I correct in assuming that with every transaction
the Route is rebuilt completely, not just a possible update of the
Contact address at the end?

-- 
Billy Biggs, 3Com              [email-masked]
http://www.div8.net/billy/          [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip