Subject: [SIP] Call for Papers: Network and Operating Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video (NOSSDAV) 2001

From: "Henning G. Schulzrinne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 09:34:35 -0500

The 11th International Workshop on Network and Operating Systems
          Support for Digital Audio and Video (NOSSDAV 2001)

      Sponsored by the Association for Computing Machinery
      In cooperation with USENIX, ACM SIGCOMM, ACM SIGMM, ACM SIGOPS
      Technically cosponsored by IEEE Communications Society

                          June 25-27, 2001
         Danfords on the Sound, Port Jefferson, New York
             http://www.nossdav.org/2001

                          CALL FOR PAPERS

The 11th International Workshop on Network and Operating Systems
Support for Digital Audio and Video (NOSSDAV 2001) will bring together
participants from academia and industry to present and discuss new
ideas and future directions in networking and operating system support
for multimedia.  Exponential improvements in networking
bandwidth, cost, and ubiquity coupled with the growing availability
and use of streaming media content pose new networking and operating
system research opportunities and challenges at the global systems
level.  We solicit papers in current or emerging areas including but
not limited to ubiquitous multimedia services, broadband streaming
media content distribution, webcasting, end-to-end resource
management, real-time interactive streaming audio services,
internet telephony, interactive network games, wireless multimedia
systems, and multimedia information appliances and consumer devices.
The workshop particularly encourages submission of papers describing
implementations, measurements and field experience.

To ensure a productive workshop environment, attendance will be limited
to about 70 participants who are active in the field.  Each potential
participant should submit a position paper or extended abstract that
identifies new problems and explains why they are important,
challenges conventional wisdom, advocates a specific solution, and/or
reports on actual experience with real systems.  Papers will be
subject to a normal review process and are restricted to five pages.
Participants will be invited based on the originality, technical merit
and topical relevance of their submissions, as well as the likelihood
that the ideas expressed in their submissions will lead to insightful
technical discussions at the workshop.  Papers submitted to NOSSDAV
must not have been published or submitted elsewhere.  Please do not
submit abbreviated versions of journal or conference papers.  Authors
of accepted papers will be invited to present at the workshop and
publish full-length versions of their papers in the workshop
proceedings.

All submissions must be made through the web. For detailed guidelines
for submission, please refer to the workshop web site at
http://www.nossdav.org/2001.

Important Dates:
================

Submission Deadline for Papers:         February 15, 2001
Acceptance Notification:                April 2, 2001 
Camera Ready Deadline:                  May 15, 2001
Workshop:                               June 25-27, 2001

NOSSDAV 2001 Organizing Committee:
=================================

Chairs:
Jason Nieh, Columbia University
Henning Schulzrinne, Columbia University

Peter Danzig, Akamai
Christophe Diot, Sprint Advanced Technology Labs
Wu-chi Feng, Ohio State University
Anoop Gupta, Microsoft Research
Chuck Kalmanek, AT&T Research
Duane Northcutt, Sun Microsystems
Larry Peterson, Princeton University
Larry Rowe, University of California, Berkeley
Doug Shepherd, Lancaster University

-- 
Henning Schulzrinne   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip