Subject: [SIP] Question on SIP Caller Preferences draft

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 00:34:33 +0300

Hi,

I would like to clarify one issue in the SIP Caller Preferences draft
(draft-ietf-sip-callerprefs-02.txt).

The case is when I talk to a SIP server acting as both proxy and
redirect. I want it to be able to send me 3xx responses ("redirect"),
and I want it to be able to act like a proxy ("proxy"). Also, if it
forks a request, and receives a 3xx response, I want it to be forwarded
back to me ("no-recurse").

The draft says (chapter 5.5 Request-Disposition) that the
recurese-feature is ignored if redirect has been requested, so I can not
use the following header:

Request-Disposition: proxy, redirect, no-recurse

Should I instead use two different headers in the message? I.e.:

Request-Disposition: proxy, no-recurse
Request-Disposition: redirect

(Note: I left the parallel- and fork-feature from the example on
purpose)

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 03:16:47 -0400

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Christer Holmberg [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2000 5:35 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [SIP] Question on SIP Caller Preferences draft
> 
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 

Well, it seems if you want either proxy or redirect than you have no
preference.

> Request-Disposition: redirect

As I said, this makes no sense. You have no proxy or redirect preference;
listing both provides zero information. How about just:

Request-Disposition: no-recurse

-Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip