Subject: [SIP] (no subject)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 20:16:23 +0530

hi!

I have a question on the syntax of the Referred-By header in
draft-sip-cc-transfer-01.txt dated September 2000.

The syntax for this is,

     ("Referred-By"|"b")":" referrer-url ";" referenced-url [";"
ref-signature]
     referrer-url = SIP URL
     referenced-url = "ref" "="URL

i am having a problem  parsing this....Since referrer-url is SIP URL it can
have urlparams which are semicolon separated "ref=" invariably maps to url
params
There is no way of knowing where the url parameters end.  Is it possible to
simplify the rule..like change that separator to a comma ?....normally only
parameters within a header are semicolon separated, multiple fields of a
similar structure within the same header are comma separated....going by
this convention we could justify a shift form a semicolon separator to a
comma separator in the referred-by header, to ensure consistency across the
SIP ABNF.

Or is the use of url params in this particular header allowed?.....

regards,
Ashok

Ashok I. Roy @hss.hns.com

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: "Robert Sparks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 10:37:49 -0600

URL parameters are _definitely_ allowed. If your URL has a semicolon in it,
it is required to be bracketed with <>, so you don't have the ambiguity you
suspected.

I don't follow your consistancy argument. Commas (with a few exceptions
imported from HTTP) separate whole header values, not parameters within
a value.

RjS