Subject: RE: referred-by syntax (was RE: [SIP] (no subject))

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 12:02:35 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Robert Sparks [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 11:38 AM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: referred-by syntax (was RE: [SIP] (no subject))
> 
> 
> URL parameters are _definitely_ allowed. If your URL has a 
> semicolon in it,
> it is required to be bracketed with <>, so you don't have the 
> ambiguity you
> suspected.

I agree thats what you should do, but thats not what the grammar says. The
grammar says these are just URLs. To allow for the brackets, they need to be
name-addr or addr-spec.

-Jonathan R.
---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: "Robert Sparks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 11:41:29 -0600

nod - we agreed to that (and altering the syntax to remove
the ordering dependency between "scheme" and "ref") in an
earlier thread.

I plan to get -02 out (which reflects that suggestion) this
week.

RjS