Subject: [SIP] SIP

From: Pauline Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 03:22:49 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,
  How can I get/set a SIP address?
  Would you please reply me as soon as possible?
  Thanks.

Best Regards,
Ling

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos - 35mm Quality Prints, Now Get 15 Free!
http://photos.yahoo.com/

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: "farhan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 10:45:51 -0600

a few enquiries on the list show that people want to establish their own sip
ids. well, at hotfoon you can have them for free.
hotfoon is runnning a free redirect server at hotfoon.com:5060. It is a
trivial implementation that returns a 302 for those users who are currently
REGISTER-ed.

There is no help for the server available on the web site hotfoon.com, it is
something that i slinked in while the suits were looking away. write to me
for any help.

In order to be able to create your own sip userid, you need to send a
register message with password specified in both To: as well as Contact:
headers. After that each time you update your REGISTERation, you will have
to supply the password again within your Contact: header. you sip id should
be in hotfoon domain like mailto:sip:[email-masked]

The server cannot handle folded lines. I had patched it together in a few
hours to setup something i could test my own UAs against. May I add that the
log of your messages is created on my server. This was done so that I could
have a trace of the server's behaviour.

hope this helps.

- farhan
[email-masked]