Subject: [SIP] SIP CGI and CPL status?

From: "Rigaldies, Bertrand" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 16:26:19 -0400

Greetings! We're considering implementing the SIP CGI and CPL service
creation environments as specified in
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~library/TR-repository/reports/reports-1999/cucs-
010-99.pdf.  I'm trying to appreciate the endorsement of SIP CGI and CPL
within the IP Telephony community: Are these two service creation
environments being pursued by anyone? Thank you for any comment on that.

Bertrand Rigaldies
Sr. Principal Engineer
COMDIAL
Charlottesville, VA, USA

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 16:30:12 -0400

> environments being pursued by anyone? Thank you for any comment on that.

Our server is implementing cgi and will implement CPL, but more
generally, it might be a good idea to keep a list, since this question
keeps coming up. Thus, if member of this list are doing such
implementation and are willing to let the world know, I'd be glad to add
you to a yet-to-be-made list. (I know of a few, but they should step
forward themselves).

Thanks.
-- 
Henning Schulzrinne   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs

---

From: Emmanuel Bertrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 22:35:16 +0200

> you to a yet-to-be-made list. (I know of a few, but they should step

Indigo Software has CPL implementations for both client and server sides (CPL
"editor" and CPL "server") that can be coupled to a SIP UA and a SIP proxy,
respectively.

We are also working on an implementation of SIP-CGI.

It might indeed be a good idea to maintain a list of service creation tools that
are SIP / SIP-CGI / CPL -based.

Emmanuel.

--
Emmanuel Bertrand
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.indigosw.com

---

From: Neil Deason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 10:02:31 +0100

> environments being pursued by anyone? Thank you for any comment on that.

At the 5th SIP bakeoff there were at least 3 CPL implementations, 
from Dymanicsoft, Indigo and Ubiquity. Bear in mind that all of 
CPL, CGI or Servlets are still only at best "work in progress" 
not standards. The CPL requirements are a RFC but the language 
definition is only at Internet Draft stage. The main SIP Servlet 
draft expired in March 2000. I am not sure of the exact status 
of SIP-CGI. For wider vendor have a look through the links off:
	http://www.pulver.com/sip/products.html

Cheers,
Neil.
-- 
Ubiquity Software Corporation, UK        http://www.ubiquity.net