Subject: [SIP] query on multicast conference ...

From: "Rakesh Jain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 19:50:02 +0530

Hi,
     I am having one query regarding bahavior of the SIP user agent.
     Let terminal A,B and C are in a multicast conference.
     Terminal D wants to join the conference so it sends an INVITE
messege to
      terminal A with same session description.

             Can some one please tell me what could be the behavior of
terminal A,

    1. will it accept the INVITE and send Ack to terminal D.

        OR

    2. Reject the INVITE and  send RE - INVITE  to all terminals A, B
and D.

   Thanks in advance...

 rakesh jain

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 16:47:35 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Rakesh Jain [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2000 10:20 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [SIP] query on multicast conference ...
> 
> 
> 
> Hi,

Thats not what you would do for a large scale multicast conference.

There is a lot of confusion these days around conferences, largely because
there are several different models for how they operate. Some of these
models work with SIP today, and others require extensions.

I am preparing an I-D, due out the end of this week, that goes over the
various types of multiparty conferences you can have, how they work, how
they differ, etc. Keep posted.

-Jonathan R.
---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com