Subject: [SIP] SIP for Presence Bof Meeting at San Diego

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 18:11:18 -0500

Folks,

I'm pleased to announce that the SIP for presence and instant messaging work
is going to have a BoF session at the next IETF. The agenda has not been
updated yet to reflect it, but the meeting will replace one hour of the
current IMPP slot on Monday.

The proposed agenda is:

The SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions
(SIMPLE) BoF session will investigate forming a working group to
standardize on SIP for presence as a transfer protocol supporting
within the Common Format for Presence and Instant Messaging (CPIM)
framework. 

Suggested reading:

SIP for presence:
---------------
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-impp-im-00.txt
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-impp-presence-00.txt
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-impp-qauth-00.txt

CPIM:
-----
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2779.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-impp-cpim-00.txt

SIP Events:
----------
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-roach-sip-subscribe-notify-01.t
xt

Proposed agenda:

1. Update on status on IMPP and SIP for presence efforts
2. Quick overview of CPIM
3. Quick overview of SIP for IM and Presence
3. Relationship of SIP for presence and SIP events work
4. Charter bashing
    a. division of work between this group and sip group
    b. specific deliverables
5. Open issues in SIP for presence work

Looking forward to seeing everyone in San Diego,

Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip