Subject: [SIP] Media to send

From: Baniel Uri-CUB001 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 17:49:51 -0600

2543bis 4.2.1 INVITE:

  "The INVITE method indicates that the user or service is being invited
   to participate in a session. The message body MAY contain a
   description of the session to which the callee is being invited. For
   two-party calls, the caller indicates the type of media it is able to
   receive and possibly the media it is willing to send as well as their
   parameters such as network destination. A success response MUST
   indicate in its message body which media the callee wishes to receive
   and MAY indicate the media the callee is going to send."

How does a UA indicate (in case it wishes) the media it is going to send?

Uri

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 02:57:55 -0500

The text is generic, and not specific to SDP. SDP has no way to indicate
separate send and receive codecs for the same stream. 

-Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Baniel Uri-CUB001 [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, November 03, 2000 6:50 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [SIP] Media to send
> 
> 
> 2543bis 4.2.1 INVITE:
>