Subject: [SIP] I-Ds

From: "Gross, Gerhard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:19:58 -0800

Two new I-Ds have been submitted with relevance
to the SIP, AAAarch, and RAP working groups.

	Title		: QoS and AAA Usage with SIP Based IP Communications
	Author(s)	: G. Gross, H. Sinnreich, D. Rawlins, S. Thomas
	Filename	: draft-gross-sipaq-00.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 20-Nov-00
	
This document specifies the architecture, protocols and messages for 
SIP based IP communications between Internet domains in support of 
QoS and AAA. Detailed message flows and message contents are 
discussed and specified. AAA requirements including inter-domain and 
user authorization in mobile and non-mobile environments are 
addressed. A solution is proposed where session setup and teardown 
are linked with QoS and AAA signaling using AAA policy servers and 
clearinghouses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gross-sipaq-00.txt

	Title		: COPS Usage for SIP
	Author(s)	: G. Gross, D. Rawlins, H. Sinnreich, S. Thomas
	Filename	: draft-gross-cops-sip-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 20-Nov-00
	
The development of QoS enhanced IP communication requires an 
infrastructure that supports AAA services. General accounting and 
settlement on the intra-domain level and inter-domain level are 
necessary. As part of the solution to these requirements, this 
document describes a new COPS outsourcing extension for SIP . A 
description of COPS objects that have special meaning in the SIP 
environment is provided. The usage of the COPS extension for SIP is 
given for clients and servers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gross-cops-sip-00.txt

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip