Subject: [SIP] Tag parameters on To header

From: David Shrader <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 14:19:12 -0500

There is a minor inconsistancy in the bis draft. Section 6.43 (To) indicates
that  "The UAS or redirect server copies the To header field into its
response, and MUST add a "tag" parameter."

However, Section 11.2 (Callee Issues Response) indicates that "The response
MUST copy the To, From, Call-ID, CSeq, and Via fields from the request.
Additionally, the responding UAS MUST add teh tag parmaeter to the To field
in the response if the request contained more than one Via header field."

I can see that the tag parameter is not really necessary if there is no
proxy, but the bis spec indicates otherwise in Section 6.43.

Which is the "correct" way to do it?

David

----------------------------
David Shrader
Master Consultant, Inc.
[email-masked]
http://www.EyeForTheFuture.com

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: "Henning G. Schulzrinne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 19:04:33 -0500

> Which is the "correct" way to do it?

I've amended the text to remove the qualification. The more special
cases we can get rid of, the better.

-- 
Henning Schulzrinne   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs