Subject: [SIP] Appeal for Torture Test Code

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 14:13:07 -0500

As we approach the next SIP Bake-off, we are trying to improve the
body of tests called "Torture Tests".  These are SIP message sequences
that various parsers have had trouble with in the past.  New implementations
typically use these tests as the first level of interoperability testing.

We would like to have message sequences that you think are legal, but you
have seen a parser have trouble for one reason or another.  It doesn't
really matter what the message does, just that it be something a good
implementation should be able to cope with.

We are not really looking for you to get downright devious about it,
but we would like all implementations to not choke on legal messages.

If you have some, please email them to:
	Neil Deason [[email-masked]]
who has volunteer to collate them.

Thanks
  Brian

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip