Subject: [SIP] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-privacy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 06:40:56 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SIP Extensions for Caller Identity and Privacy
	Author(s)	: W. Marshall et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-privacy-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 10-Nov-00
	
This document describes two extensions to the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) [4]. The extensions allow callers and callees to
maintain their privacy in an environment where one or more proxies
serve as intermediaries which can provide the identity of the
parties either directly or indirectly. The extensions allow the
parties to be identified either by name or by type, the latter of
which can be used to identify some group of callers and callees.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-privacy-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sip-privacy-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-privacy-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.