Subject: [SIP] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-rosenberg-sip-3pcc-01.txt

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 10:39:16 -0500

Folks,

I wanted to call your attention to this updated 3pcc document. It deals with
implementation issues that have come up since the publication of the
original draft. Note that, specifically, it no longer recommends carrying
SDP in the ACK, but rather using a re-INVITE. It talks about QoS
integration, as discussed by Gonzalo at past meetings. It also includes some
notes at the end on SIP features that you really, really, *really* want to
support so that your phone, PC, or whatever, can receive features and
services provided by a controller. 

As such, I would strongly recommend that people who build UAs take a look at
this draft, and plan on supporting the features discussed there. If anyone
has questions on the value of doing this, feel free to contact me.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2000 6:01 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rosenberg-sip-3pcc-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Third Party Call Control in SIP
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, J. Peterson, H. Schulzrinne, 
                          G. Camarillo
	Filename	: draft-rosenberg-sip-3pcc-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 22-Nov-00
	
This document discusses the usage of the Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP) for third party call control. Third party call control refers
to the ability of one entity to create a call in which communications
is actually between other parties. We present a SIP mechanism for
accomplishing third party call control that does not require any
extensions or changes to SIP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sip-3pcc-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rosenberg-sip-3pcc-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sip-3pcc-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 10:39:17 -0500