Subject: [SIP] I-D ACTION:draft-hamer-sip-session-auth-00.txt

From: "Louis-Nicolas Hamer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 16:39:03 -0500

I would like to draw your attention to this new I-D. All comments and
questions are welcomed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hamer-sip-session-auth-00.txt

ABSTRACT

Current proposals dealing with authorization of media streams for 
multimedia services like IP telephony and video assume a pre- 
established relationship between elements of the network (e.g. 
session managers, edge routers, policy servers and end hosts). In 
some environments, however, such pre-established relationships may 
not exist either due to the complexity of creating these 
associations a priori (e.g. in a network with many elements), or due 
to the different business entities involved (e.g. service provider 
and access provider), or due to the dynamic nature of these 
associations (e.g. in a mobile environment). 
In this document, we describe scenarios where there is no pre-
established relationship between entities and describe mechanisms 
for exchanging information between network elements in order to 
authorize the use of resources for a service and to co-ordinate 
actions between the session and bearer control planes.

Regards,
Louis-Nicolas Hamer