Subject: [SIP] Discussion of Presentations at Upcoming Meeting

From: "Dean Willis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 16:20:03 -0600

Folks, the last two meetings have been less satisfying than they might have
been. I tried to wedge too many presentations into too little time and make
everybody happy, and I did not leave enough time for discussion of important
issues.

This leads us to where we are -- behind on our deliverables, uncertain of
what they are or should be, and faced with over a hundred active drafts and
over twenty-five slot requests for the upcoming meetings, totaling a
requested four hours not including any discussion time.

I've heard several requests that that we allocate only one day to the
"presentations" of drafts. This includes any new drafts that have had no
previous discussion on the lists or are not work items of the group. We wold
focus the other day on resolving open issues, the VAST majority of which
have been brought up on the list against the bis draft such as
record-routing in the reverse direction.

We have two sessions -- Monday 1300-1500, and Tuesday 0900-1130. This gives
us four and a half hours. I think we need to make some hard editorial
decions according to the standard priorities:

    Priority 1: Originally chartered work.
    Priority 2: Work we have agreed to add to our charter.
    Priority 3: Everything else.

I propose that we schedule Monday afternoon for discussion and Tuesday
morning for presentations of drafts. I will prioritize the time Tuesday
based on the above priorities, then by date of request arrival.

--
Dean Willis

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip