Subject: [SIP] Old Torture Tests

From: "Jo Hornsby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 13:11:28 -0000

Hello.

I think that "test7.txt" is wrong, the text says:

    This request message contains a new method, NEWMETHOD.
    A proxy should forward this using the same retransmission
    rules as INVITE. A UAS should reject it with an error,
    and list the available methods in the response.

My thinking is that the retransmission rules should be based on
the nominal retransmission rules; i.e., the ones in 10.4.1,
which describe behaviour for requests other than INVITE and ACK.

Should "test10.txt" now be deprecated, since multiplemessages
per datagram has been removed?  (This was done, wasn't it; I
didn't dream it? (:&)  Ditto "test18.txt"?

Cheers,

 - Jo.
-- 
  Jo Hornsby; IT Professional         --       mailto:[email-masked]
 Ubiquity Software Corporation        --         http://www.ubiquity.net/

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 09:15:45 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jo Hornsby [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2000 8:11 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [SIP] Old Torture Tests
> 
> 
> Hello.
> 

Correct. This needs to be fixed.

> didn't dream it? (:&)  Ditto "test18.txt"?

Correct. In fact, the correct behavior now for test18 would be to reject
that request. Now that multiple messages per UDP datagram is deprecated, the
correct behavior for when the body is longer than the Content-Length is to
reject the request.

-Jonathan R.
---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com