Subject: [SIP] bye and record route

From: Juha Heinanen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 19:54:27 +0200 (EET)

section 4.2.4 bye says:

If the INVITE request contained a Contact header, the callee SHOULD send
a BYE request to that address rather than the From address.

if the invite had record route header, shouldn't the bye request be send
to its maddr instead?

-- juha

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 13:25:13 -0600

Juha Heinanen wrote:
> 
> section 4.2.4 bye says:
> 
> If the INVITE request contained a Contact header, the callee SHOULD 
> send a BYE request to that address rather than the From address.
> 
> if the invite had record route header, shouldn't the bye request be 
> send to its maddr instead?

Right.  When a UAC wants to send the request to it's next hop AND a
Route list has been constructed, it'll examine the topmost Route and
follow the rules listed in Section 1.4.2, "Locating a SIP Server" to
figure out the destination.  Step 1 in that section says, "If maddr
parameter exists, it becomes the /destination address/ used ..."

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani  [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
Internet Software & eServices Group
Lucent Technologies/Bell Labs Innovations, 263 Shuman Blvd, Rm 1A-413
Naperville, Illinois 60566  Voice: +1 630 224 0216 Fax: +1 630 713 0184