Subject: [SIP] More Record-Route Joy

From: "Jo Hornsby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 16:30:44 -0000

Hi,

I need debunking (or otherwise) &:)

The wording in bis02 in 6.34.2 reads:

    "If a UAC finds a Record-Route header in a final response,
     it copies it into Route header fields of all subsequent
     requests within the same call leg, reversing the order
     of fields, so that the first entry is the server closest
     to the UAC."

I think the fact that this only applies to the initial INVITE
is being thrashed out at the moment, but there is another
problem.

For the ACK, surely the Record-Route should be ignored unless
the response was 2xx, else things are going to go horribly
wrong.  This applies to the initial INVITE, as well as to
re-INVITEs; further, it should also apply to the
pre-initial-INVITEs (for want of a better term), "...where the
server can expect the client to retry for the same Call-Id,
as in 401 (Unauthorized) or 484 (Address Incomplete)."
[last para of 6.34.1].

In the non-2xx final response cases, the ACK should be sent
to the same place as the corresponding INVITE, with the same
Request-URI (as specified by 10.5.1).

Cheers,

 - Jo.
-- 
  Jo Hornsby; IT Professional         --       mailto:[email-masked]
 Ubiquity Software Corporation        --         http://www.ubiquity.net/

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip