Subject: RE: referred-by syntax (was RE: [SIP] (no subject))

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 13:15:44 +0530

Robert , thanks for the clarifications.  I understood the text after the
grammar, just that i thought that the grammar should be sufficient to
reflect that.
Is there a problem with describing the grammar like this,
                Referred-By      = ("Referred-By" | "b") ":" referrer-url
";" (referred-by-params)
                referred-by-params   =  ";" referenced-url  [";"
ref-signature ]

                              | ";" ref-signature ";" referenced-url

I am not sure if this allowed by ABNF formal specs, but i don't see why it
shouldn't be.

> What is the motivation for limiting the Refer-To header to just
> SIP-URL and
> not nameaddr ? ....

>>Umm... It doesn't. It says URL, not SIP-URL. You can, for example, REFER
>>to an http URL. (Remember that if you get a reference for a scheme you
>>don't understand or are not willing to process, you just return a 503 as
>>per section 3.5.

Sorry about that....i wasn't too clear...i was asking you why the display
name was not allowed...

ex:  "ashok I roy " < [email-masked] >

In the Refer-To header only the URL is allowed.

again why isn't that allowed in the referenced-url of the Referred-By
header ?
In the referenced-url it would be more appropriate to allow it, becuase the
new grammar mandates angle braces around
the URL.

Thanks.

regards,

-Ashok

-------------------------------------
Ashok I Roy @ Hughes Software Systems
-------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip