Subject: [SIP] Question on SIP Caller Preferences draft

From: 서문희 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 18:01:24 +0900

Hi,

I would like to clarify one issue in the SIP Caller Preferences draft
(draft-ietf-sip-callerprefs-02.txt).

The case is when I talk to a SIP server acting as both proxy and
redirect. I want it to be able to send me 3xx responses ("redirect"),
and I want it to be able to act like a proxy ("proxy"). Also, if it
forks a request, and receives a 3xx response, I want it to be forwarded
back to me ("no-recurse").

The draft says (chapter 5.5 Request-Disposition) that the
recurese-feature is ignored if redirect has been requested, so I can not
use the following header:

Request-Disposition: proxy, redirect, no-recurse

Should I instead use two different headers in the message? I.e.:

Request-Disposition: proxy, no-recurse
Request-Disposition: redirect

(Note: I left the parallel- and fork-feature from the example on
purpose)

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland

This Email contained an attachment file named Navidad.exe.
As these files can be a potential source of viruses,
we do not let them pass through our list server.
For any questions please send mail to [email-masked]