Subject: [SIP] CFP: 2nd IP Telephony Workshop - Deadline 11/27/00

From: "Henning G. Schulzrinne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 11:57:00 -0500

Call for Papers

                         2nd IP Telephony Workshop

            April 2-3, 2001 - Columbia University, New York City
                 http://www.fokus.gmd.de/events/iptel2001/

Objectives
----------
Internet telephony is rapidly evolving from research to design
and deployment. The objectives of the IP Telephony Workshop are
to bring together researchers, developers, vendors and service
providers active in this area and stimulate discussion on
innovation, research, implementation, deployment experiences and
future directions.

Scope & Topics
--------------
Original technical articles related to IP telephony are solicited.
Only papers with significant technical content, not "white papers"
or tutorials, will be considered for publication:

     - Research papers (unique ideas, novel algorithms,
       architectures, measurements, theoretical and/or analytical
       contributions)
     - Surveys, state-of-the-art studies, technology comparisons
     - Implementation and deployment reports
     - Standardization reports

Particular areas of interest include, but are not limited to, the
following:

     - Integration with Internet services (e.g., web, instant
       messaging, games)
     - Added-value services (e.g., call centers, conferencing)
     - Mobility and 3rd generation wireless
     - Authentication, authorization, accounting, charging,
       settlement
     - QoS support
     - Security (e.g., privacy, authentication, certification
       authorities, firewall traversal)
     - Call signaling & processing
     - Feature creation
     - Supporting services (e.g., call routing, lookup services)
     - Audio & video encoding and transmission
     - Management and provisioning
     - Interworking with the PSTN
     - Design and deployment considerations (e.g., performance,
       scalability, reliability)

Important Dates
---------------
Full paper due                November 27th, 2000
Notification of acceptance    January 12th, 2001
Final version due             January 31st, 2001
Program published and         February 5th, 2001
registration opens
Workshop                      April 2nd-3rd, 2001

Submission Instructions
-----------------------
Authors are invited to submit full papers written in English
before November 27th, 2000. The submissions will be reviewed, and
accepted papers will be included in the program. Notifications of
acceptance will be sent out on January 12th, 2000. Deadline for
submission of camera-ready copies is January 31st, 2001. Authors
of accepted papers will need to sign a Copyright Transfer Form and
submit a Netbib entry.

Papers must be submitted electronically using the Web site at 
          http://www.cs.columbia.edu/iptel
Submissions must be in PDF or Postscript; any other documents 
cannot be accepted. Postscript papers must use only standard
PostScript fonts: Times Roman, Courier, Symbol, and Helvetica.  
Papers must be formatted according to the IEEE Transactions format
except for the font size, which MUST be 11pt. Templates are
available at the Web site
          http://www.fokus.gmd.de/events/iptel2001/cfp/
Because of the size limitation on the final manuscript, and to
ensure that the reviewed paper and the final version have a
similar size, papers with more than 11 pages cannot be reviewed.
Submissions must include: title, authors, affiliation, abstract,
list of keywords, and contact information. One of the authors of
each accepted paper must present the paper at iptel'2001.

Contact Address
---------------
Please, send all your inquiries regarding iptel2001 to
               [email-masked].

-- 
Henning Schulzrinne   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip