Subject: [SIP] Status of "serverfeatures" draft

From: David Shrader <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 17:14:10 -0500

Jonathan,

What is the status of <draft-ietf-sip-serverfeatures-02.txt> which expired
September? I can see that most of its capabilities are in the bis draft.
However, I don't see anything related to the 421 code proposed in the draft.

That is, if a server requires a particular extension (such as 100rel) but
the client didn't include 100rel in a Supported header, how should it reject
the request?

In this particular example, the 100rel draft <draft-ietf-sip-100rel-02.txt>
indicates "If the request did not include either a Supported or Require
header indicating this feature, and the UAS wishes to send some provisional
responses reliably, the UAS \SHOULD reject the initial request and include a
Require header in the response, as per [4]" [4] is the "serverfeatures"
draft.

What code is used for this reject?

David
----------------------------
David Shrader
Master Consultant, Inc.
[email-masked]
http://www.EyeForTheFuture.com

_______________________________________________
SIP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/sip