Subject: [SIP] Contiguos CSeq number

From: 서문희 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 18:01:17 +0900

Hi,

I have a question about the CSeq number value.

Consider the following case:

A UAC sends a request to a UAS using CSeq=1.

The UAC then sends another request to the same UAS using CSeq=2.
However, for some reason the UAS never gets the request. It may, for
example, be terminated by an intermediate proxy, sending a response to
it, or it may be cancelled before it reaches the UAS.

After that, the UAC sends a third request, using CSeq=3, to the UAS.

So, the UAS will receive two requests, the first and the third, but not
the second.

Chapter 6.20 in the RFCbis says that the CSeq number must be contiguous.
However, in this case the UAS will never receive the second request.
Should it "wait" for it (it will never arrive...) or what is the purpose
of the line in the RFCbis?

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland

This Email contained an attachment file named Navidad.exe.
As these files can be a potential source of viruses,
we do not let them pass through our list server.
For any questions please send mail to [email-masked]