Subject: [sipcore] Fwd: I-D Action:draft-sparks-sipcore-invfix-01.txt

From: Theo Zourzouvillys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 20:31:44 -0700

evening, all y'alls.

I've updated the draft to ensure backward compatibility with RFC 2543
UACs.  Previously, any implementation implementing invfix would barf
when handling a reINVITE from an RFC 2543 client, as both an ACK and
INVITE would match the same transaction, and thus most likely be
dropped.  it wouldn't affect an initial INVITE from an RFC 2453
cleint, as the To tag is different between the INVITE and ACK to a
2xx.

I'd appreciate any feedback on it.

 ~ Theo

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 8:15 PM
Subject: I-D Action:draft-sparks-sipcore-invfix-01.txt
To: [email-masked]

This document normatively updates RFC 3261, the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP), to address an error in the specified handling of
success (200 class) responses to INVITE requests.  Elements following
RFC 3261 exactly will misidentify retransmissions of the request as a
new, unassociated, request.  The correction involves modifying the
INVITE transaction state machines.  The correction also changes the
way responses that cannot be matched to an existing transaction are
handled to address a security risk.