Subject: [sipcore] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sipcore-info-events-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 03:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) INFO Method and Package Framework
	Author(s)       : E. Burger, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipcore-info-events-01.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2009-09-29

This document provides new semantics for the SIP INFO method of RFC
2976.  These new semantics defined here are fully backwards
compatible with the old semantics.  Core to the new semantics is a
mechanism for defining, indicating support of, and exchanging Info
Packages that use the INFO method.  Applications that need to
exchange application information within a SIP invite usage dialog
(RFC 5057), can use these Info Packages.  This document replaces RFC
2976 but still allows existing legacy INFO usages as defined in RFC
2976.

Conventions Used in this Document

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY" and "OPTIONAL" in this
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119 [RFC2119].
The terminology in this document conforms to the Internet Security
Glossary [RFC4949].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipcore-info-events-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.