Subject: [sipcore] Implementations of draft-ietf-sipcore-199-02

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 10:57:08 -0600

[as chair]

In order to provide useful information to the IESG in their evaluation 
of draft-ietf-sipcore-199-02, we would like to get an idea of the level 
of expected deployment. Please indicate, either publicly on this list or 
privately to me, if you either:

    * Currently implement draft-ietf-sipcore-199-02 (or an earlier
      version of the document), or
    * Plan to implement draft-ietf-sipcore-199-02

Information sent directly to me will be treated as confidential, and 
reported to the IESG anonymously (that is, without naming the individual 
or company). Thanks.

/a

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 18:50:32 +0100

Hi,

At least 3GPP has adopted 199 for IMS, and support is mandatory for UAs (those which support the INVITE method) and S-CSCFs. In addition, it can be used by application servers providing anouncement services using the "forking model" (a dedicated early dialog is established between the UA and AS).

Exactly when it will be implemented and deployed by various vendors and operators I can't say, but at least from my personal experience there is interest for it.

Regards,

Christer

________________________________
From: [email-masked] [[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Adam Roach [[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 6:57 PM
To: SIPCORE
Cc: Robert Sparks
Subject: [sipcore] Implementations of draft-ietf-sipcore-199-02

[as chair]

In order to provide useful information to the IESG in their evaluation of draft-ietf-sipcore-199-02, we would like to get an idea of the level of expected deployment. Please indicate, either publicly on this list or privately to me, if you either:

 *   Currently implement draft-ietf-sipcore-199-02 (or an earlier version of the document), or
 *   Plan to implement draft-ietf-sipcore-199-02

Information sent directly to me will be treated as confidential, and reported to the IESG anonymously (that is, without naming the individual or company). Thanks.

/a

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 10:16:46 +0800

Wireless access usually need reasource reservation mechanism to guarantee 
QoS. In this kind of access enviroment, it is meaningful to terminate 
unuseful dialog and its reserved reasource.

And when we did the enhancement of our equipment's forking capability, we 
considered the planning of 199. So, we are in the track of "Plan to 
implement draft-ietf-sipcore-199-02".

===================================
 Zip    : 210012
 Tel    : 87211
 Tel2   :(+86)-025-52877211
 e_mail : [email-masked]
===================================

Adam Roach <[email-masked]> 
发件人:  [email-masked]
2010-01-13 00:57

收件人
SIPCORE <[email-masked]>
抄送
Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
主题
[sipcore] Implementations of draft-ietf-sipcore-199-02

[as chair]

In order to provide useful information to the IESG in their evaluation of 
draft-ietf-sipcore-199-02, we would like to get an idea of the level of 
expected deployment. Please indicate, either publicly on this list or 
privately to me, if you either:

Currently implement draft-ietf-sipcore-199-02 (or an earlier version of 
the document), or
Plan to implement draft-ietf-sipcore-199-02

/a_______________________________________________
sipcore mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipcore

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 10:38:33 +0800

It is really meaning for UAs(UEs) in wirless access(such as UMTS) to 
support 199. IMO, it is not so critical for UAs using capble access to use 
199 as the ones using wireless access.

And further, considering IMS, when P-CSCF support 199, it can terminate 
the reserved resource by PCC from network when it receives 199, no matter 
UAs(of terminals) support 199 or not. By myself, there's no need to set 
"199" as mandatory for all UAs in 3GPP(Because I think the exclusive rule 
is not proper/fair for UE un-supporting 199).

But no matter how 3GPP defines, I still think 199 is needful for wirless 
access. 

Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]> 
发件人:  [email-masked]
2010-01-13 01:50

收件人
Adam Roach <[email-masked]>, SIPCORE <[email-masked]>
抄送
Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
主题
Re: [sipcore] Implementations of draft-ietf-sipcore-199-02

Hi,

At least 3GPP has adopted 199 for IMS, and support is mandatory for UAs 
(those which support the INVITE method) and S-CSCFs. In addition, it can 
be used by application servers providing anouncement services using the 
"forking model" (a dedicated early dialog is established between the UA 
and AS).

Exactly when it will be implemented and deployed by various vendors and 
operators I can't say, but at least from my personal experience there is 
interest for it.

Regards,

Christer

________________________________
From: [email-masked] [[email-masked]] On Behalf Of 
Adam Roach [[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 6:57 PM
To: SIPCORE
Cc: Robert Sparks
Subject: [sipcore] Implementations of draft-ietf-sipcore-199-02

[as chair]

 *   Currently implement draft-ietf-sipcore-199-02 (or an earlier version 
of the document), or
 *   Plan to implement draft-ietf-sipcore-199-02

/a
_______________________________________________
sipcore mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipcore