Subject: [sipcore] RFC 4028 Errata ID 1681: From tag not changing

From: Brett Tate <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 05:51:50 -0800

Concerning RFC 4028 Errata ID 1681, I disagree with the suggested resolution.

The following is the link to the errata:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?eid=1681  

http://www.nostrum.com/~rjsparks/rai-errata-batch1.html suggests to approve the 1681 errata.  However RFC 3261 section 8.1.3.5 conflicts with the errata since it indicates that the From SHOULD be the same.

Thanks,
Brett

---

From: "Dale Worley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 12:43:25 -0500

On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 05:51 -0800, Brett Tate wrote:
> http://www.nostrum.com/~rjsparks/rai-errata-batch1.html suggests to
> approve the 1681 errata.  However RFC 3261 section 8.1.3.5 conflicts
> with the errata since it indicates that the From SHOULD be the same.

I agree with you there -- when sending a new INVITE to correct an error
in a previous one, the from-tag SHOULD be the same.  (In practice, it
MUST be the same.)

Dale