Subject: [sipcore] New rev of Location Conveyance (-02) submitted

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 14:13:50 -0600

Here are the changes in Location Conveyance -02 relative to the 
previous version:

- added Section 2.1 to explain and scope the differences in 
identifying a Target vs Device and now each work in a SIP-based 
document. Reducing the usage of 'device' to the new section that 
explains how - in this document - we use the term Target instead 
(which is the point of the new section 2.1).

- reduced using the acronym UAC only where this distinction is 
needed, and say UA more.

- got rid of LbyR -- replacing acronym with "location URI"

- tightened up the text of the doc in several sections.

- fixed the ABNF of the Geolocation header to make "inserted-by=" 
mandatory, which is what the text already called for.

- fixed the ABNF of the Geolocation-Error header to make "inserter=" 
and "node=" parameters mandatory, which is what the text already called for.

- clarified the text covering the scenario for multiple Geolocation 
Header field rows (from Section 7.3.1 of 3261).

- added text to the deference section (4.5) to say that Figure 4 is a 
general concept of deferencing, but the details are in another doc; 
as a result, added Geopriv's Loc-filters ID as a reference. Here I 
also moved the 200 OK to the INVITE to being after the NOTIFY returns 
the PIDF-LO, since then is the only time the INVITE sender will know 
whether or not the location that was included got to the destination 
(i.e., the dereference was successful). I'm not clarifying whether or 
not rough or precise location was received by the destination UAS.

- Added separate "permission" based error codes for 
<retransmission-allowed> and <routing-allowed>, so the "inserter=" of 
location can react to exactly which flag is being asked to be 
changed. Since one is in the PIDF-LO and one is a SIP header 
parameter, I believe this addition is justified, based on RFC 5606.

- fixed a few other nits

Please, have a look at this new version and let us know if you have 
any comments.

Thanks

James