Subject: [sipcore] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 10:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An Extension to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for Request History Information
	Author(s)       : M. Barnes, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 61
	Date            : 2010-02-13

This document defines a standard mechanism for capturing the history
information associated with a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
request.  This capability enables many enhanced services by providing
the information as to how and why a call arrives at a specific
application or user.  This document defines an optional SIP header,
History-Info, for capturing the history information in requests.  A
SIP/SIPS URI parameter is defined to tag information necessary to
populate the History-Info header.  In addition, this document defines
a value for the Privacy header specific to the History-Info header.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 13:07:23 -0600

Hi all,

We have updated the 4244bis document and submitted as a WG document
per the IETF-76 discussions.

The following summarizes the changes from
draft-barnes-sipcore-rfc4244bis-03.txt:

1) Added a new SIP/SIPS URI parameter to tag the URIs as they are
added to the target list and those returned in the contact header in a
3xx response.  This new parameter is added for the registered contact
and mapping scenarios.  Thus, we made the following two changes:

a)  Updated description of "target" parameter to use the new URI
parameter value in setting the value for the parameter.

b) Changed handling at redirect server to include the use of the new
URI parameter and to remove the functionality of adding the
History-Info entries (basically reverting to core 4244 processing).

2) Reverted UAC processing to be optional in terms of maintaining
previous HI entries in cases of redirection (i.e., it's back to the
way it was in RFC 4244).

3) Clarified privacy.

4) Additional text added to scenarios to clarify some services (such
as voicemail) can be done in multiple ways. Updated scenarios to match
protocol changes.

5) Editorial changes including removal of some vestiges of tagging all
entries (including the "aor" tag).

The solution is now much simpler than previous versions of the
document - the normative protocol aspects are covered in around 10
pages.

Feedback would be appreciated.  The diff is fairly useful in
pinpointing the changes from the previous version.

Thanks,
Mary et al

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 12:30 PM
Subject: [sipcore] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-00.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Core
Working Group of the IETF.

       Title           : An Extension to the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) for Request History Information
       Author(s)       : M. Barnes, et al.
       Filename        : draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-00.txt
       Pages           : 61
       Date            : 2010-02-13

_______________________________________________
sipcore mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipcore