Subject: [sipcore] draft-ietf-sipcore-reinvite-04: //more about [Discussion 2]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 09:43:08 +0800

I'd like to say more about my [Discussion 2].

As I said in one previous mail, request needing authentication can be 
reject by 4xx, and the modification in the request would not been 
enforced.

So, I think we *might* get back the atomicity semantic for all 
usage(*negotiated* and *non-negotiated-declare*) for Re-INVITE.

The key for it is clarification the commitment occasion for all the 
usage(*we may do the clarification for the two class*). Current usage is 
clear for this commitment occasion:

O/A with out precondition: the real Answer; // the same as current draft.

O/A with preconditoin: the occasion UAS start to use the modified media. 
// the same as current draft.

Target Refresh: the first reliable response or one request send to the new 
target(such as a Re-INVITE-in-scope UPDATE).  //the same as current darft. 
the difference here is that as my [Discussion 2], if UA confirmed the new 
target, UAS should always send 2xx to the Re-INVITE.

PAI: I guess it is the same as Target Refresh  //current draft doesn't 
cover this.

Session Timer: I am not sure will we add this topic to this draft. I once 
talked this in:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipcore/current/msg02723.html

And I think the comitment occasion is equal to the *in use* semantics 
mentioned in current text.

It seems thing would be clear by this track. 

Thanks,

Gao

===================================
 Zip    : 210012
 Tel    : 87211
 Tel2   :(+86)-025-52877211
 e_mail : [email-masked]
===================================

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.