Subject: Re: [sipcore] "Roman's problem"

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 18:21:37 -0500

On 3/16/16 12:40, Dale R. Worley wrote:
> NAT traversal is handled by NAT compensation done by the edge proxy
> rather than ICE (thus keeping messages small enough for UDP).

FWIW, I expect the SIPBRANDY effort to change this.

/a

---

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 09:55:14 -0400

> FWIW, I expect the SIPBRANDY effort to change this.

Do you mean that you expect the SIPBRANDY effort will get systems to use
ICE generally?

Dale

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 11:31:55 -0500

> Do you mean that you expect the SIPBRANDY effort will get systems to use

Perhaps I spoke more strongly than I should have in selecting the word 
"expect."  I suppose "hope" would be a better term. We identified the 
voice hammer attack over a decade ago, and still have no generalized 
mitigation for it in SIP.

/a