Subject: [sipcore] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipcore-rejected-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 08:39:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Core WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Response Code for Rejected Calls
        Authors         : Eric W. Burger
                          Bhavik Nagda
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipcore-rejected-04.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2019-03-27

Abstract:
   This document defines the 608 (Rejected) SIP response code.  This
   response code enables calling parties to learn that an intermediary
   rejected their call attempt.  The call will not be answered.  As a
   6xx code, the caller will be aware that future attempts to contact
   the same UAS will likely fail.  The present use case driving the need
   for the 608 response code is when the intermediary is an analytics
   engine.  In this case, the rejection is by a machine or other
   process.  This contrasts with the 607 (Unwanted) SIP response code,
   which a human at the target UAS indicated the call was not wanted.
   In some jurisdictions this distinction is important.  This document
   also defines the use of the Call-Info header in 608 responses to
   enable rejected callers to contact entities that blocked their calls
   in error.  This provides a remediation mechanism for legal callers
   that find their calls blocked.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-rejected/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipcore-rejected-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-sipcore-rejected-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sipcore-rejected-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/