Subject: [sipcore] Eric Rescorla's No Objection on draft-ietf-sipcore-reason-q850-loc-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Datatracker on behalf of Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2019 10:20:58 -0800

Eric Rescorla has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-sipcore-reason-q850-loc-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-reason-q850-loc/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Rich version of this review at:
https://mozphab-ietf.devsvcdev.mozaws.net/D3825

COMMENTS

>   
>      The SIP Reason header field is defined for carrying ISDN User Part
>      (ISUP) cause values as well as SIP response codes.  Some services in
>      SIP networks may need to know the ISUP location where the call was
>      released in the PSTN network to correctly interpret the reason of
>      release.  This document will update RFC3326.

"release" appears to be a technical PSTN term. Please provide a
citation the way that 3226 does.