Subject: [Slim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 15:21:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Selection of Language for Internet Media of the IETF.

        Title           : Negotiating Human Language in Real-Time Communications
        Author          : Randall Gellens
	Filename        : draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language-05.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2017-02-01

Abstract:
   Users have various human (natural) language needs, abilities, and
   preferences regarding spoken, written, and signed languages.  When
   establishing interactive communication ("calls") there needs to be a
   way to negotiate (communicate and match) the caller's language and
   media needs with the capabilities of the called party.  This is
   especially important with emergency calls, where a call can be
   handled by a call taker capable of communicating with the user, or a
   translator or relay operator can be bridged into the call during
   setup, but this applies to non-emergency calls as well (as an
   example, when calling a company call center).

   This document describes the need and a solution using new SDP stream
   attributes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2017 10:20:56 -0800

Version -06 of the human language negotiation draft is uploaded.  It 
addresses all open issues.

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
Citizens for corrupt government, unclean water, higher taxes,
unsafe streets, and poor schools.

---

From: Natasha Rooney <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 08:13:43 +0000

Many thanks Randall!

Natasha Rooney | Internet Engineering Director | Internet and Web Team | Technology | GSMA | [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> | +44 (0) 7730 219 765 | @thisNatasha | Skype: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

On 2 Feb 2017, at 18:20, Randall Gellens <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

Version -06 of the human language negotiation draft is uploaded.  It addresses all open issues.

-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------

_______________________________________________
SLIM mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/slim

This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this email or call +44 207 356 0600 and highlight the error.