Subject: [Slim] I-D Action: draft-hellstrom-language-grouping-00.txt

From: Gunnar Hellström <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 00:11:38 +0200

I made a new effort to use the SDP grouping semantics ( RFC 5888) for 
the preference and simultaneous modality indications, and found it quite 
feasible. ( Yes, Brian, I agree that you have claimed so a number of 
times. I am afraid that I imagined complexity like when applying sdpneg 
or so. This was simple. )

So, here is an alternative draft solution for both the simultaneous 
modalities and the modality preference functions.

The draft is quite independent of the way languages are indicated, but 
the draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language is referenced anyway as 
an example of what can be used.

I am of course interested in getting comments on this approach.
(I guess I should also involve mmusic if we find that the approach is 
feasible. )

/Gunnar

---------------------------------

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

         Title           : Human Language Modality Grouping Semantics in 
Session Description Protocol
         Author          : Gunnar Hellstrom
	Filename        : draft-hellstrom-language-grouping-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2017-06-11

Abstract:
    In a real-time communication session, there may be a need or
    preference for receiving the same content in two or more simultaneous
    modalities.  There may also be a need to prioritize which media to
    use for language communications.  This document defines the semantics
    for grouping media in the Session Description Protocol (SDP)
    containing human languages in order to assign their relative priority
    and also grouping media that are desired to be received together.
    The semantics defined in this document are to be used with the SDP
    Grouping Framework.  Applications are for example a possibility to
    indicate when a sign language is most desired, but written language
    an acceptable lower rated alternative, offered for the other party to
    select between.  Applications are also for indication of need for
    both spoken and written content in a real-time call (captioning)
    together, or provision of both spoken language original and sign
    language interpretation of the original language together in a real-
    time session.  These indications are specified for the sending and
    receiving direction separately.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hellstrom-language-grouping/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hellstrom-language-grouping-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hellstrom-language-grouping-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt