Subject: [Slim] Indication of modality alternatives in draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language

From: Gunnar Hellström <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 00:06:55 +0200

We have dealt with this topic before, but rereading the draft indicates 
to me that we still need some tuning of the wording so that it is clear 
that the language indications for the same direction for different media 
are alternatives with no requirements that they need to be provided 
together, so that it is allowed to answer with just one media in each 
direction having language indication.

Suggested wording changes to make this clear:

---Change 1 in 5.2, first paragraph----------------
------old text---------
This document defines two media-level attributes starting with
    'hlang' (short for "human interactive language") to negotiate which
    human language is selected for use in each interactive media stream.
------------new text--------------------
This document defines two media-level attributes starting with
    'hlang' (short for "human interactive language") to negotiate which
    human language is selected for use in each media stream used for 
interactive language communication.
-------end of change 1-------

----Change 2 in 5.2, third paragraph ------
----old text------
   In an answer, 'hlang-send' is the language the answerer will send if
    using the media for language (which in most cases is one of the
    languages in the offer's 'hlang-recv'), and 'hlang-recv' is the
    language the answerer expects to receive in the media (which in most
    cases is one of the languages in the offer's 'hlang-send').
-----new text----
   In an answer, 'hlang-send' is the language the answerer will send if
    using the media for language (which in most cases is one of the
    languages in the offer's 'hlang-recv'), and 'hlang-recv' is the
    language the answerer expects to receive in the media if
    using the media for language (which in most
    cases is one of the languages in the offer's 'hlang-send').
----end of change 2-------------------------------

/Gunnar

-- 
-----------------------------------------
Gunnar Hellström
Omnitor
[email-masked]