Subject: [Slim] Simultaneity requirement in draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language

From: Gunnar Hellström <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 13:55:32 +0200

Rereading draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language-13, I found a 
couple of minor issues. I bring them up in separate mails.

1. The introduction says that we support request of simultaneous text 
and voice, but that is excluded from the protocol.

This is the sentence:

"Another example would be a user who is able to
    speak but is deaf or hard-of-hearing and requires a voice stream plus
    a text stream."

This looks as a need to specify that the user wants to receive both 
voice and captions at the same time, but that is one of the requirements 
I have tried to convince the group that we need, but it has not been 
accepted. We have said that specifying language in the same direction in 
two media means that they are alternatives to select from.

I suggest that the sentence is reworded to a case that is supported by 
this change:
"Another example would be a user who is able to
    speak but is deaf or hard-of-hearing and requires to send spoken 
language in a voice stream and receive
    written language in a text stream."

/Gunnar

-- 
-----------------------------------------
Gunnar Hellström
Omnitor
[email-masked]