Subject: [Slim] Protocol Action: 'Multiple Language Content Type' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-slim-multilangcontent-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 12:15:54 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Multiple Language Content Type'
  (draft-ietf-slim-multilangcontent-14.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Selection of Language for Internet Media
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adam Roach, Alexey Melnikov and Ben Campbell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-slim-multilangcontent/

Technical Summary:

   The objective of this document is to define an addition to the
   Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) standard, to make it
   possible to send a single message to a group of people in such a way
   that all of the recipients can read the email in their preferred
   language.

Working Group Summary:

  This document has been non-controversial.

Document Quality:

   There are no known implementations, however some testing
   was done with how existing clients handle new multipart 
   media type.

   IANA review of the new multipart media type was performed
   and some minor changes were done by the editors.

Personnel:

  Bernard Aboba (SLIM WG co-chair) is the Document Shepherd.
  The responsible area director is Alexey Melnikov (ART AD).